OFFICIAL 2018 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who is going to win the Big Ten this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
After University of Arizona found their man, Kevin Sumlin, to lead the Wildcats in December, Peoria Centennial High coach Richard Taylor figured he'd send a flyer out to Tucson on his All-Arizona running back.

Taylor said he never heard back.

Centennial's Zidane Thomas ended up being San Diego State's big prize on Wednesday when he signed his national football letter of intent with the Aztecs.

Meanwhile, Scottsdale Saguaro coach Jason Mohns and Chandler coach Shaun Aguano said they've not heard from UA since Sumlin was hired. Although most of the 2018 recruiting was done by Rich Rodriguez's staff at UA, they figured the new coaches would want to build toward the future getting to know the 2019 and 2020 prospects.

"We've not had anybody stop by or call," said Mohns, who has four players from his 2020 class who, since January, have picked up Oregon offers. "Interesting strategy."

:lol: This guy...

He's focused on Texas.

USC about to land the top '19 QB out west, Jayden Daniels. J. Daniels... Uncanny. :emoji_thinking:
need to lock up Thibodeaux, Bru, and Max Williams.

Who are you most excited about in this years class, without mentioning the obvious? I'm hyped for Abdul-Malik. Dude is underrated with his ranking.

Word? Didn't realize he was committing this early

I mean it's all just nonsense rumors for the next year, but word is they already have silent commits from at least three '19 kids as of their junior day. Daniels just got his offer and everyone's talking as if he's all but wrapped up. Same happened with Degabriel Floyd though and he's already publicly decommitted.

There is one "huge" '19 kid that committed and was going to announce on ESD but then changed his mind. All the mods were gushing and wink emojiing about it then when he didn't go public with it they all just posted "nvm".

need to lock up Thibodeaux, Bru, and Max Williams.

Who are you most excited about in this years class, without mentioning the obvious? I'm hyped for Abdul-Malik. Dude is underrated with his ranking.

Obvious being Amon-Ra or JT? I don't think any of the 3 corner recruits will beat out Jack or Iman but they'll be good, especially if ITS plays offense too (he's a better RB than corner.) I think Palaei and Solo will be great also and will play as freshmen.

I think we brought in players with a lot of dog in them - Amon Ra, JT, the DBs, and LBs. I'm just excited to see if the team gets back to barking on people and backing it up a la the 2007 team. I know old heads hate "talkers" but **** that. I'm tired of seeing Ohio State's DT's and corners flexing at our players and yelling "too strong" and no one but Jack has the balls to bark back. Amon Ra may talk **** for the whole team.

Obvious being Amon-Ra or JT? I don't think any of the 3 corner recruits will beat out Jack or Iman but they'll be good, especially if ITS plays offense too (he's a better RB than corner.) I think Palaei and Solo will be great also and will play as freshmen.

I think we brought in players with a lot of dog in them - Amon Ra, JT, the DBs, and LBs. I'm just excited to see if the team gets back to barking on people and backing it up a la the 2007 team. I know old heads hate "talkers" but **** that. I'm tired of seeing Ohio State's DT's and corners flexing at our players and yelling "too strong" and no one but Jack has the balls to bark back. Amon Ra may talk **** for the whole team.
I didnt know much about ITS until about two weeks ago. Was stunned at his tape. Thought the same thing. He's better as a RB. I did not realize he had that type of speed. He looked like a 4.4 guy.

you see that piece on the St. Brown family on Real HBO with Gumbel or whatever they call it?

I didnt know much about ITS until about two weeks ago. Was stunned at his tape. Thought the same thing. He's better as a RB. I did not realize he had that type of speed. He looked like a 4.4 guy.

you see that piece on the St. Brown family on Real HBO with Gumbel or whatever they call it?

I didn't but I heard they were going to be on HBO. Worth watching? I heard a podcast interview with them and Greg Biggins last year and it was pretty interesting. Particularly the dad resisting the comparisons to Lavar Ball.

I didn't but I heard they were going to be on HBO. Worth watching? I heard a podcast interview with them and Greg Biggins last year and it was pretty interesting. Particularly the dad resisting the comparisons to Lavar Ball.

It was interesting. These kids are really disciplined because of the parents. They worked hard for what they have. Amon-Ra got a big ole chip on his shoulder, probably because he was the youngest.

Dad wasnt on Lavar's level but mostly because he's not annoying. I'm not a hater of Lavar. Its his kids. He wants the best. As a Dad, i get it. I only disliked his comments about Luke Walton and stuff like that. St Brown Dad is nowhere near like him, but he does advertiser his protein powder at every chance he gets.

Greg Sankey says SEC members will ‘decline opportunities’ to play in Mississippi if pending gun law passes
https://www.seccountry.com/mississi...vell_AJC&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social

Here’s a look at his letter, which was sent on Wednesday and subsequently publicized by Ole Miss chancellor Jeffrey Vitter via the school’s official website:

“Dear President Keenum and Chancellor Vitter:

This letter is in response to proposed House Bill 1083 and its potential to introduce concealed
carry weapons into stadiums, arenas and other college sports venues.

The University of Mississippi and Mississippi State University are founding members of the
Southeastern Conference and each has established a long history of working with public safety
officials to provide a safe environment for intercollegiate athletic competition.

Given the intense atmosphere surrounding athletic events, adding weapons increases
meaningful safety concerns and is expected to negatively impact the intercollegiate athletics
programs at your universities in several ways. If HB 1083 is adopted to permit weapons in
college sports venues, it is likely that competitors will decline opportunities to play in Oxford
and Starkville, game officials will decline assignments, personal safety concerns will be used
against Mississippi’s universities during the recruiting process and fan attendance will be
negatively impacted. When similar laws have been introduced in the past, the SEC office has
received clear statements of concern from our member universities due to safety concerns
associated with the passage of such laws intended to allow weapons at our athletic events and
sports venues.

It is our desire to see athletic events and sports venues exempted from proposed House Bill

The SEC’s universities work closely with public safety officials to ensure the safety of participants
and fans in our competitive venues. We will continue to closely monitor the status of House Bill
1083. In the event House Bill 1083 becomes law and includes concealed carry in college sports
venues, the SEC’s Presidents and Chancellors will consider existing SEC regulations and bylaws
to determine appropriate modifications to scheduling, safety and officiating policies.”

In a letter to address the university’s stance on the proposed change in law, the Ole Miss chancellor expressed concerns of his own.

“If this bill were to pass, it would negatively impact the University of Mississippi’s ability to continue to uphold the safety and security for our students, faculty, staff, patients, and visitors on all our campuses — the Oxford campus, our regional campuses, and the University of Mississippi Medical Center,” Vitter wrote.

The **** is wrong with the South?

DVh-RS4U8AAErFQ

FWIW

Bama at '19 don't make sense

I mean it's all just nonsense rumors for the next year, but word is they already have silent commits from at least three '19 kids as of their junior day. Daniels just got his offer and everyone's talking as if he's all but wrapped up. Same happened with Degabriel Floyd though and he's already publicly decommitted.

There is one "huge" '19 kid that committed and was going to announce on ESD but then changed his mind. All the mods were gushing and wink emojiing about it then when he didn't go public with it they all just posted "nvm".
I feel like y’all should just go ahead and let Daniels come east to Tally. I think that’s the right move. Go ahead and put the word out

Mullen doesn't have a qb or even Muschamp level talent, so whether he's better or not there's a good chance Kirby comes out looking like the better coach.

Back
Top Bottom