OFFICIAL 2018 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who is going to win the Big Ten this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wasn't he going to Michigan if not Bama?

He was stuck choosing between Michigan (where I think he took a late trip) and Alabama and showed up at Bama last minute. Before that, the talk all recruiting process was that he wanted to stay in California and that his handlers were pushing him to Bama. He committed there super early but at different points people were convinced he was going to Cal, then UCLA, and then USC and would never end up in Bama cuz he didn’t want to.

I think it’s weird that people refuse to give Tee a shot as if other OCs from big schools don’t get shots at being Head coaches. *smh*

For god’s sake, Dabo was a WR coach *shrugs*

How many people thought Dabo getting the job was a good idea?

He’s the exception not the rule.

All my college friends went to Charlotte and I had to stay home :frown:

I'll probably just watch the game at a bar

damn gunna, i'm going to agree why not Tee, he deserves to be mentioned. But i think you're selling yourself on him at this point. Its rock bottom. Going into the search, if you knew it was Tee from the jump, you'd be asking yourself what happened to everyone else. It helps that you know him and like him because of what he did at UTk and what he can do recruiting wise

The Tee hype is high right now. Funny thing is, as a coach, he's probably at the lowest point during the past 5 years. He's been hotter. They need to stop kicking other coaches tires and just sign him.

He can't possibly pass on this gig. But keep getting passed on and........

People saying he'll recruit 5 star guys and do "just fine." Yep, they said the same things about Kiffin and Sark.

Helton
Shaw
Norvell
Frost
Patterson
Riley
Swinney
Smart
Richt

Frost and Norvell are at G5 jobs, and the Memphis Norvell inherited was not the Memphis Fuentes inherited.
Patterson got hired at TCU when they were in CUSA IIRC. He got to grow into that job as the program grew.
Smart is till TBD, Muschamp had a 11 win season too, and those are Richt's guys. Riley is TBD.
Helton is trash, and is getting fired shortly after Darnold leaves. I give him two seasons at the most.

You could point to guys like Jimbo, Osborne, Shaw, Switzer, and Stoops to support your argument, but with the exception of Stoops and maybe Jimbo because of the situation Bobby left, I'd argue inheriting a program is a lot easier than establishing one. The latter is what Tee would be doing.

I'm not saying Tee would be a trash hire, just that UTk could do better.

Show me where Tennessee can do better ? Have you not been watching what has been taking place?
By know means is Tee the 1st choice but he has enough credentials and knows football 1st and foremost as a former QB.

And Tee Martin would not be going into a rebuild. Butch has talent littered all over that roster.

I'm not saying Tee would be a trash hire, just that UTk could do better.

perhaps our expectations of that program should be lowered. I always saw it as a top 15 program. But i did think differently when Butch was hired. Thought they could do better then.

Show me where Tennessee can do better ? Have you not been watching what has been taking place?
By know means is Tee the 1st choice but he has enough credentials and knows football 1st and foremost as a former QB.

And Tee Martin would not be going into a rebuild. Butch has talent littered all over that roster.

You obviously have more of an idea of the level of dysfunctionality at hand at UT, but it looked like Brohm and Leach were intrested before things went haywire (Fat Phil?).

But by all means if your down to the likes of Tee and Dave Clawson at this point, hire Tee.

Brohm got low balled and said no right? Would not want Leach at UTk if I were them. Give me Tee over dealing with that headache.

Brohm got low balled and said no right? Would not want Leach at UTk if I were them. Give me Tee over dealing with that headache.

Brohm was never offered.
That was a leak to make it look like Currie had a clue.
No meeting even took place between the two.
Other donors have stepped up and said to make better football decisions and they will cover whatever Haslam cuts back due to him not being the be all end all

Back
Top Bottom