OFFICIAL 2018 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who is going to win the Big Ten this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Welcome back

They left?
pachah1.png
Hmm...... Nah you right.

I don't agree with the hype around Tee Martin except for the fact that Tennessee is his alma mater...He's a "might as well" option. Appears to be vastly overrated and has 0 HC experience. Go for it, I guess, but I'm passing on him unless we talking Vanderbilt or something.

As an SC fan I’ve been very critical of the team this year, specifically the coaching staff. But I got to give credit when it’s due. In his second full year as coach Clay has two ten win seasons, won a Pac-12 title, and is likely going to his second straight New Years Six Bowl. He still has a lot to prove as far as being a national championship caliber coach but he’s still building the program and culture. Hopefully he’s on the same path Dabo took, being an interim coach who got the job despite major doubts only to prove everyone wrong. With all that said Ronnie Bradford gotta go.

I don't agree with the hype around Tee Martin except for the fact that Tennessee is his alma mater...He's a "might as well" option. Appears to be vastly overrated and has 0 HC experience. Go for it, I guess, but I'm passing on him unless we talking Vanderbilt or something.

I guess my only reply would be overrated at what? Playcalling? Yeah, perhaps.

But that doesn’t mean he’d be a bad HC. He and Clay and Nansen have been running that **** since 2014. If I was a Tennessee fan I’d take him before Schiano and Doeren.

Last edited:
Don't get why he just won't go with Peters.

He was not good during spring camp, and I think come fall he kind of just checked out. With a type A personality like Harbaugh, if he would challenged him or threatened to transfer because a scrub like O'Korn was stealing reps from him, that probably would have helped his case.

Like when Kemp got tired of Don's **** one day and challenged him to a fist fight, which is when Don changed his outlook on him :lol:.

Is Shea Patterson even?

Yea, Shea can play.

Most likely the staff is only interested if he can somehow get immediate eligibility, which seems unlikely. If not he probably goes the Stidham route for a year.

I guess my only reply would be overrated at what? Playcalling? Yeah, perhaps.

But that doesn’t mean he’d be a bad HC. He and Clay and Nansen have been running that **** since 2014. If I was a Tennessee fan I’d take him before Schiano and Doeren.

Sure, but the point is, is that they should be able to do better than all those three. Tennessee is not a job were you should be learning how to be a HC on the fly.

Taking race out of the equation ( I know you really can't) but just on his merits, Tee Martin would not be getting looked at by a school like Tennessee if he wasn't a former NC winning QB for that school.

He was not good during spring camp, and I think come fall he kind of just checked out. With a type A personality like Harbaugh, if he would challenged him or threatened to transfer because a scrub like O'Korn was stealing reps from him, that probably would have helped his case.

Wtf are you talking about? Peters was clearly the best qb during the spring. Speight and Okorn were throwing interceptions left and right.

He didn’t want to leave the West Coast for the longests right ?

Ya legit trash

:lol:

It looked like Costello could only throw 2 routes: the slant and go routes up the seam. SC should have had 7 picks that game.

And yeah Najee didn’t show up to Alabama until the very last minute, and even then seemingly begrudgingly. He was being pushed there by his handlers but he wanted to stay in California.

:lol:

It looked like Costello could only throw 2 routes: the slant and go routes up the seam. SC should have had 7 picks that game.

And yeah Najee didn’t show up to Alabama until the very last minute, and even then seemingly begrudgingly. He was being pushed there by his handlers but he wanted to stay in California.
Wasn't he going to Michigan if not Bama?

Sure, but the point is, is that they should be able to do better than all those three. Tennessee is not a job were you should be learning how to be a HC on the fly.

Taking race out of the equation ( I know you really can't) but just on his merits, Tee Martin would not be getting looked at by a school like Tennessee if he wasn't a former NC winning QB for that school.

But that’s the thing - you can’t discount the fact that he is a NC winning QB at the school in question. Culture is an important part of the job. Michigan fans should know that as much as anyone. I don’t think it’s fair to say he’s not an x’s and o’s guy either cuz he helped design that Sarkiffin offense that won Bama a NC.

And if we’re talking about today, and not the whole search from start to now, how many better options do they have than Tee, really? Who, that is worth a damn, would take that job? Tee has had as much of an influence in scheming and building that USC team as Helton (he recruited most of those kids on both sides of the ball.) He’ll load that Tennessee roster with 5 star talent and if he hires good assistants he’ll do fine there.

Like Dre said, could have handled it better, but best of luck and looking forward to the future for FSU. I appreciate what Jimbo did for the program. Go get your money

I think it’s weird that people refuse to give Tee a shot as if other OCs from big schools don’t get shots at being Head coaches. *smh*

For god’s sake, Dabo was a WR coach *shrugs*

But that’s the thing - you can’t discount the fact that he is a NC winning QB at the school in question. Culture is an important part of the job. Michigan fans should know that as much as anyone. I don’t think it’s fair to say he’s not an x’s and o’s guy either cuz he helped design that Sarkiffin offense that won Bama a NC.

And if we’re talking about today, and not the whole search from start to now, how many better options do they have than Tee, really? Who, that is worth a damn, would take that job? Tee has had as much of an influence in scheming and building that USC team as Helton (he recruited most of those kids on both sides of the ball.) He’ll load that Tennessee roster with 5 star talent and if he hires good assistants he’ll do fine there.

Culture is the most overrated part of the job. When you prioritize it is when you end up with guys like Hoke.

Harbaugh was the right fit for the job because he was the best coach who was willing to take it. The “Michigan Man” meme is the stupidest **** in the world, considering the two best coaches we have ever had were both outsiders.

If Tennessee is really about that life and think they should be competing for SEC titles in 2017, there is 0 doubt in my mind they could get Petrino for the right price. The guy is a mercenary.

Back
Top Bottom