OFFICIAL 2018 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who is going to win the Big Ten this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Honestly... USC insiders/parents have been saying Tee to UTk in some capacity is going to happen for a month now. I think I posted in here that he's been in contact with boosters to go over as OC but a lot of UT alums wanted him as HC. I don't necessarily want him gone because I do think he was hamstrung a little at SC and is a better coach than he got to show, but Idk about Tee Martin the HC of a semi-blue blood though...

Last edited:
ND fans starting up rumors that BK is out and Stoops is in... Great time of the year

I find it hard to believe they fire Kelly after this season unless every program is suddenly antsy there wont be any homerun hires left next year and are getting trigger happy. That said, if ND opens up I can legitimately seeing THEM being the school to convince Jon Gruden for a number of reasons.

People didn't even think ND was going to be that good this year. That fast start made people delusional.

If Stoops still wanted to coach, why wouldn't he of just stayed at Oklahoma? Their program is in a better position than Notre Dame. I know Notre Dame has "all the history" but Stoops would have had a better chance at a title at OU.

Also, I hope Jimbo stays at FSU just for the Aggy meltdown.

If Stoops still wanted to coach, why wouldn't he of just stayed at Oklahoma? Their program is in a better position than Notre Dame. I know Notre Dame has "all the history" but Stoops would have had a better chance at a title at OU.
Can't imagine he comes out of retirement this soon, if ever.

Go ahead Tee. You can’t pass that job up when the head coach of current job isn’t 100% here in a year

No brainer

Even if Helton wins the NC next year he needs to take that job yesterday. How many programs like that will be available to him in the next decade?

Fellas, I'm going to setup the gofundme account Asap so Dre can drop off the bag to Knoxville asap. We can't let Tee get the job over the NT coalition. Tennessee won't even vet us.

Minnesota football didn't score a point in its last two games. Tell me again why PJ Fleck is such a homerun hire?

The program was somewhat a mess when he took over and there wasn't really a competent Q on the roster.

"It's only his first year" seems to be the excuse for every coach that doesn't do much.

Well, yeah...you have to take in the circumstances though. Not all jobs are made the same. It's not like this is a top tier program where they have talent and it's just a matter of devising scheme. Outside of RB, their skill players were limited and then wiped out as the season went along. Call it an excuse all you want, but I think it's completely fair to use the next two seasons as a gauge.

Are you two seriously of the mold where if there isn't immediate success then it or he is a failure?

Yeah but that coach didn't have a father who died coaching on the sidelines. He was just a douche who realized the program was going out of control so he got out of there asap

lol. That was more of a shot at Urbie than providing any substance for a return to the sidelines for Stoops.

Yeah but that coach didn't have a father who died coaching on the sidelines. He was just a douche who realized the program was going out of control so he got out of there asap
Yep. Stoops was pretty definitive once he announced that he was done. Of all the guys in that profession, he's probably one of the few you can take at face value when he says something.

Very good is too far.
He’s okay. Maybe he’s learned since his usc stint but nothing from his history says very good coach.

He helped revamp Bama's offense and won with several bad QBs, they broke alot of school records last season. Also, he's doing a very good job in his first year at FAU.

Yea, Stoops isn't coming out of retirement. Especially to deal with a crazier and more unreasonable fan base than he had before.

Back
Top Bottom