OFFICIAL 2018 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who is going to win the Big Ten this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They were actually talking about USC on the reveal show and how they were overrated as a 2 loss team. And addressed the same issues with their lack of defense and Darnold turning the ball over.

Cool. The defense has probably carried the team this year.

Don’t listen to ESPN for Pac12 coverage. Half of these analysts don’t watch any Pac 12, Wisconsin, or Miami games. They didn’t know who Khalil Tate was until he’d killed teams for 4 straight weeks. Especially don’t listen to Joey Galloway.

USC isn’t going to the playoff. But neither will Washington.

We see right through your gripe with the #11 seed though.

Cool. The defense has probably carried the team this year.

Don’t listen to ESPN for Pac12 coverage. Half of these analysts don’t watch any Pac 12, Wisconsin, or Miami games. They didn’t know who Khalil Tate was until he’d killed teams for 4 straight weeks. Especially don’t listen to Joey Galloway.

USC isn’t going to the playoff. But neither will Washington.

We see right through your gripe with the #11 seed though.

Who's we?

USC is 64th in total defense just for the record

Last edited:
Who's we?

USC is 64th in total defense just for the record

That’s great. How many times have opponent teams started drives this season with the ball on their side of the 50? How many points did they give up on those drives? How much time has their defense spent on the field compared to the offense?

USC is not a great team. But anyone who tries to use the defense to highlight their deficiencies is just admitting they haven’t been watching the team.

Are you saying we shouldn't be ranked at all?

No not at all, the teams you guys have beaten say more than enough. ISU has better wins but WVU had 2 Top 25 wins also. WVU with one possession losses to TCU and VT and a close loss to Okl St. ISU with losses to Iowa, Texas, and WVU.

Not that it really matters but I figured they’d at least be in the top 25

That OOC schedule isn’t getting any easier for Herman in 2018-2020. After SC they have LSU coming to town in 2019.

That’s great. How many times have opponent teams started drives this season with the ball on their side of the 50? How many points did they give up on those drives? How much time has their defense spent on the field compared to the offense?

USC is not a great team. But anyone who tries to use the defense to highlight their deficiencies is just admitting they haven’t been watching the team.

S&P+ takes all those realities into account and they are still #59 which is not good.

MVP MVP has a point.

Reactions: MVP
https://sports.yahoo.com/floridas-collapse-brings-ugly-side-college-football-fandom-020248447.html

Y'all read this article on the foul stuff Florida fans have been about Felipe Franks?

Jim McElwain (31) Era at Florida abruptly ended in a blaze of discord late last month, one of the lingering questions was exactly how ugly things had gotten with fans of the Gators. McElwain surely shortened his tenure with his unexplained comment about “death threats,” but it made The Dash wonder what level of anger there is out there in the feral corners of social media — not just for the coach, but for his players.

Feleipe Franks (32). A one-word summation of some of the commentary to be found there: Disgusting." data-reactid="20">That led to perusing the Instagram account of freshman quarterback Feleipe Franks (32). A one-word summation of some of the commentary to be found there: Disgusting.

To be sure, there are more supportive comments than negative directed at Franks from self-described Florida fans, even in a season that has fallen apart. But there is no shortage of hateful vitriol to be found, either. Among the posts during this football season (edited for taste, not grammar or spelling):

“If i was your coach I would pay them to hurt you.”

“F— you I hope you die b—-.”

“Can you please just leave the program, you’re aids.”

“HOW THE F— DO YOU SMILE 35-0 DOWN?!?! YOU’RE THE BARACK OBAMA OF QBS!! YOU HAVE ZERO PRIDE, AND YOU ARE DISGRACE TO THE ORANGE AND BLUE!”

“I WISH YOU WERE NEVER BORN.”

“Your f—ing garbage.”

“Do us all a favor as gator fans and quit.”

“I pray to god [Matt] Corral comes to Gainesville because you stink like rotten s—.”

“U are the worst damn quarter back in gator history.”

Malik Zaire (33), who replaced Franks as starter last Saturday against Missouri. He didn’t fare too well, either.)" data-reactid="42">“Maybe Felipe will get deported and Malik can get some more playing time in blow outs and can watch the playoffs on the couch.” (That one was posted on the Instagram account of Malik Zaire (33), who replaced Franks as starter last Saturday against Missouri. He didn’t fare too well, either.)

Not a good look, Gators. I know Florida isn't the only fanbase that does this kind of thing. I just don't understand the behavior. Why heckle college kids? What are you gaining by trashing your own school's players? These guys aren't pros, they're just student-athletes trying their best.

Last edited:
What do Del Rio's comments look like? Are they calling for him to be deported as well?

Homicide charges dropped against Isaiah Wright, from last chance U’s, older brother Camino patrick. Isaiah’s case along with two other accused is proceeding to a grand jury.

https://sports.yahoo.com/floridas-collapse-brings-ugly-side-college-football-fandom-020248447.html

Y'all read this article on the foul stuff Florida fans have been about Felipe Franks?

Not a good look, Gators. I know Florida isn't the only fanbase that does this kind of thing. I just don't understand the behavior. Why heckle college kids? What are you gaining by trashing your own school's players? These guys aren't pros, they're just student-athletes trying their best.
I said the same thing on Reddit and got downvoted to hell :lol:
Adults that heckle college students have got to be some of the biggest group of losers in sports

Back
Top Bottom