Official 2018 Boxing Thread: 12/30 - Ito vs. Chuprakov, Shiro vs. Juarez ESPN+

Who will be the winner of Canelo vs. GGG II?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Derevianchenko-Charlo should be the next fight for both guys. Should be easy politically to make as well since Derev is with DiBella.

crazy how Rob Brant spoiled 8 figure paydays for Murata and GGG just like that

GGG probably fights a stiff as a stay busy fight until he gets Canelo again.

Why did you think about Jacobs vs Derevy? Derevy came strong in the later rounds but it was too late. I think Jacobs won 7-5, with the KD. Derevy was always in the fight even in the rounds he lost.

I had Jacobs winning UD, 7-5 without the KD, didn't think it was close enough to be SD. It all points to Jacobs vs Canelo next May now right?

GGG probably fights a stiff as a stay busy fight until he gets Canelo again.

Why did you think about Jacobs vs Derevy? Derevy came strong in the later rounds but it was too late. I think Jacobs won 7-5, with the KD. Derevy was always in the fight even in the rounds he lost.

I had Jacobs winning UD, 7-5 without the KD, didn't think it was close enough to be SD. It all points to Jacobs vs Canelo next May now rig is ht?
This is Jacob's last fight on HBO, so if he is still with Hearn then he's fighting on DAZN next and he will be one of the few options for Canelo. Sucks for GGG because Canelo wants to stall their rubber match.

Brant really just took away GGG and K2's other lucrative option outside of Canelo rubber match. I think they're going to set up Andrade vs BJS again in 2019

This is Jacob's last fight on HBO, so if he is still with Hearn then he's fighting on DAZN next and he will be one of the few options for Canelo. Sucks for GGG because Canelo wants to stall their rubber match.

I had Jacobs winning UD, 7-5 without the KD, didn't think it was close enough to be SD. It all points to Jacobs vs Canelo next May now right?

Canelo's going to fight Lemieux in May, fight is in house and they put Lemieux-Spike on the undercard for a reason. Only way Canelo fights Jacobs in 2019 is if GGG signs with ESPN, which is doubtful IMO.

A significant chunk of the middleweight division is at DAZN now, and DAZN needs a lot GGG-Canelo III more than ESPN needs GGG. All that's over there for GGG is Zurdo, and maybe Mungia even though I think he's at least 2-3 years away from being ready for that.

Looks like they're going to try to set up Spence vs Porter at Cowboys Stadium later next year with this move

Great interview with the Gypsy King, his impressions of wilder and joshua's boxing stances and punches were absolutely spot on, it was like a comedian doing impressions of people, that just goes to show how much he has an amazing understanding of his opponents movement patterns. High boxing IQ

So fighting Canelo twice, and Jacobs in his last four fights isn't challenging himself? You must think GGG washed the red head then?
He keeps chasing Canelo. I get it, it’s his best paycheck especially at his age but he’s called our fighters from lower divisions in the past but never once cotemplated moving up to fight someone. Not only that, there are other fighters at 160 he can fight. If anything I’d rather see Canelo fight Jacobs, GGG fight Charlo, then the winners fight each other.

Edit - Just remembered the WBC mandated Charlo/GGG but GGGs people already said that ain’t happening. Dudes duckin

He keeps chasing Canelo. I get it, it’s his best paycheck especially at his age but he’s called our fighters from lower divisions in the past but never once cotemplated moving up to fight someone. Not only that, there are other fighters at 160 he can fight. If anything I’d rather see Canelo fight Jacobs, GGG fight Charlo, then the winners fight each other.

Edit - Just remembered the WBC mandated Charlo/GGG but GGGs people already said that ain’t happening. Dudes duckin

There's not a boxer south of HW who hasn't called out bigger names in smaller divisions, and Canelo literally just called out Floyd :lol:

Also are we penalizing guys for fighting in their natural weight class now?

That fight was more of a "suggestion" by the WBC's part rather than a mandate. What is the point of fighting Charlo for an interim belt when Canelo has the real one? And if anyone should have been mandated that fight it should have been Canelo to consolidate the titles, but the WBC didn't go that route because they didn't want to piss him off again.

Back
Top Bottom