Official 2018 Boxing Thread: 12/30 - Ito vs. Chuprakov, Shiro vs. Juarez ESPN+

Who will be the winner of Canelo vs. GGG II?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

So they're about to flood the market with PPV's like the UFC suppousedly? So much for "but it's on free TV" :lol:

Spence garcia is a money grab. Mikey gonna make enough $ from this fight to retire whenever he wants.

Both dudes have potential mega fights in their divisions that are going to waste. It's pretty much a lock that lomachenko vs mikey never happens now

It's hilarious now thinking back on yesterday's pod with Mannix and Dibella about Lou questioning about fans paying DAZN $120 bucks a year while the PBC is expecting fans to pay AT LEAST $200 a year on top of subscriptions to SHO and FS1 either through cable or an app to see all their content :lol:

What happened to NY boxing talent pool?

My guess is this:

NYC, especially the "outer boroughs" - Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx & SI - have gentrified so much over the last 25 yrs that the rising costs have pushed most of the demographic that traditionally fed the boxing scene (lower-class Black & Hispanic) upstate to cities like Newburgh, Albany & Schenectady, where it's cheaper to live. The rising property costs (esp. rents) and redevelopment have probably also pushed out most of the gyms in the city.

If a trainer was smart, they'd open a gym in Newburgh, about 90 mins north of the city. I assure you there would be a deep pool of talent to draw from there.

So tonight is the final HBO broadcast, right? Makes me really sad.... my grandpa used to tape the Tyson fights on Saturday night and bring the VHSs over to our house Sunday morning. I'll never forget the feeling when he handed me the Douglas fight tape as he walked through the door and said "you need to watch this right now!"

So tonight is the final HBO broadcast, right? Makes me really sad.... my grandpa used to tape the Tyson fights on Saturday night and bring the VHSs over to our house Sunday morning. I'll never forget the feeling when he handed me the Douglas fight tape as he walked through the door and said "you need to watch this right now!"

HBO has a fight lined up right now for Bivol-Pascal in November, and I think Cecilia Braekhus might be headlining a card in December.

HBO has a fight lined up right now for Bivol-Pascal in November, and I think Cecilia Braekhus might be headlining a card in December.

Ah, good to know. Their broadcasts have been so damn sporadic the last couple of years, while SHO has been non-stop. I know a lotta people here hate on HBO's commentating team, but I like them all infinitely more than Mauro Ranallo.

"He hit him like Drake hits a rhyme!"

"He's out like he's in the sunken place!"

Enough with the damn pop culture similes already...

Ah, good to know. Their broadcasts have been so damn sporadic the last couple of years, while SHO has been non-stop. I know a lotta people here hate on HBO's commentating team, but I like them all infinitely more than Mauro Ranallo.

"He hit him like Drake hits a rhyme!"

"He's out like he's in the sunken place!"

Enough with the damn pop culture similes already...

:lol::lol::lol:

Yeah Mauro is definitely cheesy as hell but I'm not mad at him. I like the ShoBox team.

Lampley on the other hand is just comes off like a shill. Hopefully it's the end of the line as far as fight announcing goes for that guy

:lol::lol::lol:

Yeah Mauro is definitely cheesy as hell but I'm not mad at him. I like the ShoBox team.

Lampley on the other hand is just comes off like a shill. Hopefully it's the end of the line as far as fight announcing goes for that guy

Lampley has definitely gotten worse over the years but I feel that way about Max honestly.

I really wish dude would stop trying to find/push a narrative and just call the fight. Bernstein >>> Max as the third member of a crew.

Ranallo's Schick from wrestling just doesn't translate. Paulie has gotten better tho, dude used to talk way too much.

Yeah, I like Paulie a lot. But I'm a total Max stan. Always liked him. When he started out on ESPN's Friday Night Fights, seeing someone so young and close to my age talking about the sport every week helped draw me into the sport even more.

As for Lampley, I'm torn. I always liked him as a broadcaster, but when I had the opportunity to speak with him directly and tell him how much I appreciated his talents about 10 yrs ago at a small book release party my firm hosted he totally blew me off and kind of acted like a total d**k. So while I do still respect him on-air, he's a knob IRL :lol:

Attended one of Floyd Mayweather's Promotional events yesterday. For $15 and sitting close ringside behind him, hell of a deal, and hell of a night. All fights ended by knock out.

IMG_2281.jpg
IMG_2252.jpg
IMG_2258.jpg

I know he's short but he looked slightly taller in person. His Dad Senior is way taller than his 5'8 ft tall height according to websites.

Back
Top Bottom