Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cousins is a good rim protector and excellent man post defender due to his size, strength, arm length and instincts. This much is known since he's gotten a horrible rap since SAC. Problem is that not what's exploited here.

It doesn't matter much when GS is going to try and consistently put him in the blender in high pnr and switches.

Kinda how Shaq was seen in the same light, but really pnr defense is pretty much the biggest part of the game now so if you a big dude who can't move your feet as fast as Mike Bibby/Steph Curry you're a "horrible defender".

Even with all that I don't care. If you have a chance to get him, you get a generational big man talent. Bron has chosen his "stretch 4s" ever since late CLE first stint cause it makes his game easier. But that ain't gonna work anymore. Time to change and formulate a new strategy against one of the best lineups ever created.

You can't guard them? Make them guard you.

Last edited:
Wolves confused me for going after Crawford instead of CJ Miles and Patton over Anunoby or wing like Ojeleye or Bolden... And Taj over PPatt... But I like the 3 of Butler/Kat/Teague and the choice of Teague over G.Hill

If that means Iso'n Draymond and letting him attack more. FINE by me.

the example guys gave like an Avery Bradley does absolutely nothing. Nobody is effectively stopping that Pick & Roll, so give me the guy who's gonna terrorize your entire defensive gameplan instead.

Wolves confused me for going after Crawford instead of CJ Miles and Patton over Anunoby or wing like Ojeleye or Bolden... And Taj over PPatt... But I like the 3 of Butler/Kat/Teague and the choice of Teague over G.Hill

Why do you prefer Teague over Hill?

IMG_0005.JPG

41 days until tip off

OG can't shoot and might not ever be able to. Patton allows for you to go big and play KAT at the 4 if you want

Cousins is a good rim protector and excellent man post defender due to his size, strength, arm length and instincts. This much is known since he's gotten a horrible rap since SAC. Problem is that not what's exploited here.

It doesn't matter much when GS is going to try and consistently put him in the blender in high pnr and switches.

Kinda how Shaq was seen in the same light, but really pnr defense is pretty much the biggest part of the game now so if you a big dude who can't move your feet as fast as Mike Bibby/Steph Curry your a "horrible defender".

Even with all that I don't care. If you have a chance to get him, you get a generational big man talent. Bron has chosen his "stretch 4s" ever since late CLE first stint cause it makes his game easier. But that ain't gonna work anymore. Time to change and formulate a new strategy against one of the best lineups ever created.

You can't guard them? Make them guard you.

This pretty much my views on it... a Draymond/Steph pick & roll is never being neutralized. you gotta bite that bullet

but whether it was Bradley, PG, Butler etc etc ... GS has enough to effectively guard them........ As good as Draymond is they CAN'T have him guarding Boogie the majority of the night. & anyone else they have is toast. Boogie presents advantages that no wing could bring to GS. Issue is that i don't think Lebron is willing to get out of his comfort zone to really make it work.

Not sure you win a chip by pounding the paint anymore.

If you're GS...you let Boogie eat up the shot clock trying to bang in the post for 2 pointers. Won't make a difference when GS is sniping you on the other end early in the shot clock.

OG can't shoot and might not ever be able to. Patton allows for you to go big and play KAT at the 4 if you want

Patton can't play a lick of defense either tho, he might grow into a decent rim protector when he grows into his body but if you watched him get bullied last year, it's hard to be hopeful.

OG gives them length, athleticism and some interior defense (I know he's still got some ways to go as an offball defender). OG is still a good prospect even if he never learns to shoot over 30%

If you're GS...you let Boogie eat up the shot clock trying to bang in the post for 2 pointers. Won't make a difference when GS is sniping you on the other end early in the shot clock.

Especially when he's not really efficient at posting up. You should let him do that every time up the floor if you could.

Nobody's giving Boogie single coverage in the paint, if you double him in the paint on a team with Bron + shooters then you're in some trouble

Bron/Boogie would get teams in foul trouble quick

I hear you but outside of putting together a roster Full of AS your not gonna find wings who can cover the perimeter well enough along with Shoot the ball well enough to keep up with GS. Hell i'm not too sure if even using hypothetical AS combos that you can put together a Roster that's gonna beat GS at small ball :lol:

With Boogie & Love you have two players who can score well in the paint but are also great all around offensive players. It's not like Boogie can only operate out of the post. He can knock down threes, can put the ball on the floor, and is a more than willing passer. I think a Love/Cousins frountcourt puts EXTREME pressure on Dray to not only defend, but blockout & stay out of foul trouble.

I look at it similar to how LBJ had no other option but to be active on defense this year & it wore him out. When TT, Frye, Jefferson on the floor it's easy for him to get some rest because none of these dudes are having plays ran for them like that. He would almost have to be guarding either Love or Cousins at ALL times. He's the heart of that defense, if he tires out then things get very interesting.

Zaza trolls levels will be on 1000 for those 12 minutes he gets to guard Cousins. We already know how mentally unstable dude is

Demarcus Cousins is a superstar center who can barely average a block per game. Tristan Kardashian is about as good of a rim protector as that fool.
The Carmelo Anthony of centers ain't going to do a damn thing about all those open layups/dunks the Warriors constantly get.

The Cavs managment saw what LeBron did with Kyrie and Love and now they think he can make any playoff virgin who can put up empty stats on a lottery team into a champion. They're forgetting they're going against the most stacked team in NBA history. They don't have time to experiment with someone who has this attitude:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom