Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

Monk is like a combo guard. He can definitely dish but likes to shoot first. He's like Westbrook plays like a 2 but is a pg. Obviously not as good as Russ just saying he likes to score first

If Monk can be a playmaker on the level of CJ McCollum that raises his ceiling significantly.

If not, he's Lou Williams.

Ok I take it back what I said. He's prally like a Lou Williams but has the potential to be better imo. I think he will pass more though

Last edited:
I've watched probably 10-15 Kentucky games this year. Monk def has the ability to make the right pass and set others up. I just cant view him as a full-time starting PG. He needs to play off the ball, dude is one of the best college players at moving without the ball.

Last edited:
Draft Monk. Trade Lee for Rubio :nerd:

Pretty sure Monk doesn't make it past Orlando, though.

At this point, idc who we draft, as long as it's a guard. If we draft any other position, Phil is resigning Rose. If THAT happens, I'm never coming back in here again.

I've kinda cooled on Dennis Smith. I still like him but he probably has the lowest floor of the top prospects. Also has one of the highest ceilings, tho.

For a team that's trying to accumulate young talent you can't miss on a top 10 pick. Ntilikina doesn't have the star power of Smith but he's safer imo.

I dont know enough about the players in the draft to say anything insightful about who to pick. Whatever happens, happens.

the only thing we are good at is drafting and signing europeans... but still i have a bad feeling about frank... but maybe he will be good... i feel if monk, smith jr and frank are on the table phil will pick frank :smh:

Last edited:
We really need to trade KOQ to Portland for one of their picks.

Diallo, Kennard, Hart :nerd:

Frank worries me. He's got the tools to be a very good NBA player, but he can also be a complete bust.

He's also very young, and if he came to the Knicks would be in a system that doesn't foster growth of young players well. I will say our Euro scouting is among the best in the league, but too bad the talent is wasted here.

I've kinda cooled on Dennis Smith. I still like him but he probably has the lowest floor of the top prospects. Also has one of the highest ceilings, tho.

For a team that's trying to accumulate young talent you can't miss on a top 10 pick. Ntilikina doesn't have the star power of Smith but he's safer imo.

The 2 knee surgeries already is what worries me about Smith. Would only happen to the Knicks that we draft him and he goes down again.

Back
Top Bottom