Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

Cleanthony "who shot ya" Anthony
Cleanthony "Dont call me Jae Crowder" Early 
ohwell.gif

Found this interesting...

Rick Carlisle, Dwane Casey, Terry Stotts Interviewed As Package Deal In 2008

APR 22, 2017 1:30 PM

Casey_Dwane_tor_120103.jpg

Rick Carlisle, Dwane Casey and Terry Stotts each were fired as head coach of the Indiana Pacers, Minnesota Timberwolves and Milwaukee Bucks around the same time in 2007.

The trio sat out the 07-08 season and interviewed with a number of teams as a package deal before settling on the Dallas Mavericks.

“Rick and I joked about this,” Casey says. “If he got a head coaching job, he would hire me as an assistant. And if I got a head coaching job, I was going to hire him as an assistant. We kind of bonded together on this. We got Terry with us and we kind of interviewed as a staff.

We met with the Knicks. We interviewed in Chicago. We met with Donnie Nelson at Rick’s house. The next morning, Mark Cuban flew into Indy and we interviewed again. We were a package deal. Rick was the head coach. I was in charge of the defence. Terry was in charge of the offence.”

The Mavericks went on to win the title in 2011. Casey was then hired by the Toronto Raptors and Stotts went to the Portland Trail Blazers.
Glad we got Pringles though 
eyes.gif
mean.gif

Last edited:
Stotts & Carlisle are two of the best in the league

MDA is great, too but we didn't have the right roster for him

Eddy "Clean my cum towels" Curry

https://www.google.com/amp/deadspin...turbing-big-gay-sexual-harassment-lawsuit/amp

Eddy Curry And The Disturbing, Big Gay Sexual Harassment Lawsuit

1/12/09 11:37pm

So, Knicks center Eddy Curry may have some bigger problems facing him than finding playing time. In a lengthy lawsuit filed in Manhattan federal court by his former chauffeur, David Kuchinsky, we find out that Curry may be a super-aggressive anti-Semitic closet homosexual with a penchant for gun play. Whee. Read on.

Now, let's preface by saying this: Kuchinsky is a convicted felon who has supposedly been wrangling with the Knicks center over some unpaid wages when he was working as a full-time chauffeur from 2005-2008. Curry had no comment on the suit (really!), but his attorney hints that this could be a shakedown tactic by a desperate man. So here's a summary of Kuchinsky's allegations:

• Curry repeatedly approached him in the nude allegedly telling him, "Look at me, Dave, look" and "Come and touch it, Dave."

• Kuchinsky claims Curry made him perform "humiliating tasks outside the scope of his employment" such as cleaning up and removing ejaculate-filled towels so that Curry's wife would not see them.

• When Kuchinsky balked at some of these tasks, he claims he was verbally assaulted by Curry, including being called, "******* Jew," "cracker," "white slave," "white devil" and "grandmaster of the KKK."

• Curry also pointed a "fully loaded" gun at the chauffeur on two separate occasions to stop him from whining about his treatment, allegedly telling Kuchisnky, "Look, I have one in the chamber."

I have a hunch that Kuchisnky will get some of his bills paid after this. Also? This has to be Isiah's fault.

Update: Curry tells the NY Times the allegations were "absolutely false; just incredible" and "I guess it's just a prime example of you just got to watch who you have around you," Curry said, "because this is a guy who I really thought he was my friend."

:x

Last edited:
Stotts & Carlisle are two of the best in the league

MDA is great, too but we didn't have the right roster for him
Pringles is only great when he can ride the coat tails of a great PG. He's always only as good as his PG.

Dude doesnt run plays outside of pick and rolls, doesnt design an actual offense, just puts the ball in his PGs hands, spreads the floor with 3 point shooters and a roll man and tells them to go crazy. Sure it was innovative at the time in Phoenix with Nash running the show, and it still works in this day and age with Harden running the point, and it will always inflate stats, but the man is considered by most to be an "offensive genius" yet cant make it work when he coaches great offensive players who arent PGs or 3 point shooters/athletic roll men like Melo, Kobe, and Pau.

And dont even get me started on his defensive acumen. 
laugh.gif

EDIT: Having said all that though, if we had only drafted Curry to play in his system in 09 
sick.gif

While he was head coach we missed out on Rose, Westbrook, Curry, and Harden because we refused to tank back then (I mean, whats the point in tanking when Lebron was coming to save us in 2010?) so we were stuck with Chris ******* Duhon until we signed Felton part 1 (who, to his credit, was balling out before he was traded that year) 
mean.gif

Last edited:
You know your franchise is pathetic when part of our recent history was Raymond Felton being sad in Portland before returning to never be the player he used to be.

It's like if our team doesn't get players past their prime when they're washed up or on the verge of getting injured, we ship them out and **** them up so we can bring them back washed up.

AYO @ Come and touch it, Dave :rofl:

Found this interesting...

Rick Carlisle, Dwane Casey, Terry Stotts Interviewed As Package Deal In 2008

APR 22, 2017 1:30 PM

Casey_Dwane_tor_120103.jpg

Rick Carlisle, Dwane Casey and Terry Stotts each were fired as head coach of the Indiana Pacers, Minnesota Timberwolves and Milwaukee Bucks around the same time in 2007.

The trio sat out the 07-08 season and interviewed with a number of teams as a package deal before settling on the Dallas Mavericks.

“Rick and I joked about this,” Casey says. “If he got a head coaching job, he would hire me as an assistant. And if I got a head coaching job, I was going to hire him as an assistant. We kind of bonded together on this. We got Terry with us and we kind of interviewed as a staff.

We met with the Knicks. We interviewed in Chicago. We met with Donnie Nelson at Rick’s house. The next morning, Mark Cuban flew into Indy and we interviewed again. We were a package deal. Rick was the head coach. I was in charge of the defence. Terry was in charge of the offence.”

The Mavericks went on to win the title in 2011. Casey was then hired by the Toronto Raptors and Stotts went to the Portland Trail Blazers.

Glad we got Pringles though :rolleyes :smh:
Pringles sucked but I'm not sure hiring that package coaching staff would've changed much.

Pringles inherited a mess and was a worse coach for it refusing to adapt or evolve and then agreed upon the tank and FA sweepstakes of 2010.

As we know now, that coaching team wouldn't have convinced LeBron either.

So the question is do they make that squad better before Dolan forces the inevitable Melo trade? Attract different/better players leading to 2010? Maybe make a deep playoff run? Doubtful.

Anyway, it was Donnie "clooms too old and decrepit" Walsh that passed in them for Pringles and he gets fired like 2 years later after STAT and Melo and up on the team. So even after that it's like do are seeds change? Do we not lose to His in the 1st round? Or Mia? Does STAT still punch that fire extinguisher?

Last edited:
You know your franchise is pathetic when part of our recent history was Raymond Felton being sad in Portland before returning to never be the player he used to be.

It's like if our team doesn't get players past their prime when they're washed up or on the verge of getting injured, we ship them out and **** them up so we can bring them back washed up.
laugh.gif
 Pretty funny when you put it like that but to Felton's credit he was very solid in 2013 when paired with JKidd/Pablo in the backcourt. IMO refusing to overpay Lin and bringing Ray back instead was one of the few smart moves this team has made in the past 5 years or so (even though the REAL smart move which I was saying at the time would have been making a run at lesser known Lowry or Dragic who both left the Rockets that summer when they signed Lin). That team did much better with Felton in 2013 than they ever would have done with Lin and his ball dominant style and big time ego. Him and Shump actually balled in the playoffs also. If it wasnt for dumb *** JR getting drunk every ******* night and shooting like 20% and also headbutting Jason Terry and extending the Celtics series costing Tyson valuable rest time and KG ripping Melo's shoulder from its socket, we could have beaten Indiana and even given Miami a run for their money. 2014 was a ******* disaster though for every player not named Melo. 
mean.gif

And the way I see it is that Carlisle is one of the 3-4 NBA coaches MAX who are actually legitimate game changers. Who knows what could have happened with Carlisle spearheading the Knicks rebuild if we hired him with those assistants and granted him the freedom we gave Pringles at the time and also had them running player development.

Last edited:
At the least we probably don't trade away some picks and don't draft Fields, Shumpert, Jorts, etc.

Linsanity never happens.

Last edited:
This franchise has become so comical. I can't take anything they do serious and I actually didn't even care that we lost out on those extra ping pong balls. I detached emotionally from them.

Back
Top Bottom