Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

Past 6 games,

Rose have been averaging 20.0 points on above 55% FG. 

That improvement tho. 

BNYKE

Playoffs
smokin.gif

Tied for 3rd seed in the East? 

Even Knicks fan couldn't see this coming. 

I need to see Playoff Rose again.... ECF if everything clicks. 

Shoot he might be the tallest person in the league he better be. Just learn how to contest shots while going straight up consistently

Just noticed that Kristaps Porzingis is the league's No. 1 rim protector: on.nba.com/2gPRq4g

Which is why the Noah signing was so stupid. He is a 5.

Kid is revoultionizing the game. Stretch five, who can literally open up the game for all his guards allowing them to get to the hoop without a protector in the paint. He'll make the game so much easier for all his teammates.

^ Exactly.

He shouldn't be guarding guys like Luol Deng or Channing Frye on the perimeter.

Last edited:
Just noticed that Kristaps Porzingis is the league's No. 1 rim protector: on.nba.com/2gPRq4g

Kid is revoultionizing the game. Stretch five, who can literally open up the game for all his guards allowing them to get to the hoop without a protector in the paint. He'll make the game so much easier for all his teammates.

He really has potential to be the best overall player in the NBA in another 3-5 years. Name a player that has a higher ceiling than him

He really has potential to be the best overall player in the NBA in another 3-5 years. Name a player that has a higher ceiling than him

According to many he's not on the same level as Towns which isn't true. Defensively KP is so much better than him so the slight edge Towns has offensively is mitigated

I think KP will settle as a 5 but I'm good with him not having that pressure as a full time C just yet. I don't think his body was built to endure it from start to finish at this age just yet. That Noah contract is still the worst tho.

I don't want to get ahead but KP will certainly be a superstar in a few years barring injury.

Which is why I wanted to Melo and try surrounding KP on guys who have a similar career arc in terms of age/ability.

We don't have anybody yet besides KP that is probably going to be here in four years.

And KP needs to bulk but it will happen. He's never going to be Shaq or even Marc Gasol but he'll fill out and have grown man strength eventually.

In today's NBA, he'll be a perfect five.

Been saying this since before we drafted him!! Just saying... I remember arguing this **** in here with yall for hours on hours, being called a crazy person because I wanted Porzingis more than Okafor and saw him as a franchise center. 
laugh.gif

Noah was definitely my least favorite free agent signing this summer for these exact reasons. I have been advocating for KP to start at the 5 for years and I even wanted the Knicks to move Lopez last season for those reasons, even when he was productive. I thought that he was expendable as a center and would be better served being traded to enhance our backcourt, where we had a much greater need, obviously that looks like it was a smart move right now.

But in a way, I do sort of like Noah on this team more than RoLo for a variety of reasons. Despite the fact that at this point RoLo is probably the better center head-to-head, I actually think that Noah is the better fit for this team because I think Noah brings alot to the table that this team still badly needs. **** that shows up in productive ways we dont even recognize.  He is obviously a great influence on Porzingis and the younger players and for years he has been a player I wished was on the Knicks. Ever since the Bulls drafted him with our selection we traded for his basketball opposite, Eddy Curry. So I get what Phil Jackson was thinking and trying to accomplish by going after him when he was available and we had the money. This is a guy who basically belongs in NYC and there was some need there after moving Lopez. It just made even more sense factoring Rose into the equation.

But like I was saying, I like Noah on this team more than RoLo not only because of the intangibles, but because RoLo is a guy who will consistently need 30+ MPG. It might be weird for me to say that a player's injury/durability concerns are a positive for one player over another, but strangely I think that way when I am thinking about RoLo vs Noah. Im cool with starting a center next to KP. Especially as he keeps growing into his body. There will definitely be nights it is helpful to have KP play the 4 more. But I dont want a starting center who needs to play 30+ minutes a night. RoLo needs that though. He is a true center in the prime of his career. I didnt think that was ideal next to Porzingis.

Think of it this way, we have a log jam at the 5 as is and thats with Noah being hurt and playing limited minutes. Sure having RoLo play 30+ mpg might sound nice but at the end of the day he isnt good enough where I think it would warrant him getting those extra minutes we are currently using with KP at the 5, Willy, or KOQ. Noah doesnt need those extra minutes and the result has been a lot of good results experimenting with KP, Willy, and KOQ in the frontcourt... Also I am just very glad we didnt resign Seraphin. 
laugh.gif

Noah we can play 20-25 mpg, even less than 20 on some nights, and he wont ***** about it and it will actually be good for him in the long run as we let him rest up, mentor the other players, and get himself ready for the playoffs. With Noah we can start him next to Porzingis to start the game and the second half and let the flow of the game and the matchup dictate how much more we want to use him. Some nights he might not need to play any more than that. Some nights he might come out and play 30-35 mins and have a big night for us. Credit to Hornacek for handling this very well thus far.

But I like having a center next to Porzingis who can be effective when called upon, a good mentor, and not demand big minutes at the 5. That is Noah in a nut shell. **** when you forget about the money for a second, Noah can easily move to a bench role in a season or 2 and be a highly effective 15-20 mpg off the bench veteran.

So I mean despite the negativity directed at Noah in the media this season, I definitely dont think it has been all that bad (despite that OKC game 
sick.gif
). Most of the negativity is stirred up by these media types who need to create a story about Phil's "$72 million man" being a colossal failure because he is injured and not playing big minutes while in reality that might be exactly what we need for him to be doing. How can you quantify that? 

I like the role we have him in next to Porzingis and for every bad game you get a story like the one I read in the Post the other day. In between binging the local papers and wondering why I continue to put up with all this ******** between the Phil drama here, Isola stirring **** up there, Melo getting involved, etc, etc. there was this article in the Post that I absolutely LOVED reading...

http://nypost.com/2016/12/10/behind-the-rollicking-spectacle-that-is-now-the-knicks-bench/

I love to read **** like this and I wish we got more of this and less drama on a team that is 14-10, playing good ball, and generally seems pretty likable, fond of each other, and full of good vibes. Again, this all starts with Noah. He has a major effect on this team.

And I cant write about Noah without mentioning the Cleveland effect. He is Cleveland/Lebron antagonist #1 still in the NBA. Lebron and his boys are still the team to beat in the East and that isnt going to change for the foreseeable future. We are likely to ever beat the Cavs on talent alone as long as Lebron is still in his prime. That doesnt mean they cant be beat though. I think Noah will be a HUGE factor in a hypothetical Knicks/Cavs playoff series. As long as Lebron is still the top dog, you need a player like Noah who isnt afraid to tell Lebron to go **** himself. That swagger is huge and gets picked up by the rest of the team. It makes them mortal and it makes them beatable. It gives us the swagger we need to get the job done. Just look at how much better we have been closing out games compared to season's past. Thats because we have players who know how to get the job done and they also know how to win in the playoffs but are hungry for so much more.

Just give me one ******* ECF vs Lebron and I honestly think we will beat them just like I felt the ******* 2013 Knicks would have beaten the Heat. Give me that one series and this team will do what it is constructed to do. Noah will troll Lebron and that entire ******* city while Melo will deliver one completely out of his mind playoffs in a similar way to what Dirk did in 2011 or sort of like Spree in 1999. Just give me that series and Melo will get it done. It will be glorious.

It's his destiNY. 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
Holy wall of text man :wow:

Haven't had the chance to read the whole post but I get the gist that you're overrating Noah a bit. Most of his value is off the court these days. Locker room presence. Good for camaraderie. Inspires the younger guys at his position, etc.

Off the court he's been really bad for a long time. Against the Lakers was a decent game for him.

20-25 minutes a game? No way, sir.

Last edited:
GR8 must feel like you do when you get some good new yambz after a drought. He's been waiting to bless this thread with a novel for some time now

Back
Top Bottom