Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

no 'mo, but i love Jennings, man.

he deserves it, but he probably wont win 6th Man because the scoring avgs wont be there compared to Lou Will, Eric Gordon or Jamal.

Jennings was def. happy to be back home in LA last night. Held us down in the 4th. Great games by KP & Rose. Let's get it, these are the games we lose in the past seasons. Very satisfied right now

Jennings so hype to be a Knick that I thought he was from here. At least from the east coast.

Knicks win, G-men win. Rangers doin' thangs too.

I'm expecting this season to be up and down for Melo, just as it's been thus far. The awesome thing about last night was though he was struggling, he found other ways to contribute.

I [emoji]10084[/emoji] [emoji]127801[/emoji]

Last edited:
Brandon was in a baby zone to end the game. Hitting those 3s and getting past defenders at will at one point.

Phil really put together a solid team. I heard recently the Knicks had just hired a new scout with a lot of knowledge of the European game. Kuz, Willy and KP all money.

Would love to see what the Knicks look like with all three of their stars on. That hasn't happened once all season.

Major room for improvement, but we have done an awesome job bouncing back from the start of the season.

This! When all 3 of our stars click at the same time....

View media item 2259468

Watching them closely, I think it's still a chemistry thing.

Carmelo is used to having the ball in his hands more. Particularly when leading the break. Seasons past he would often inbound the ball and bring it down, then pass it off before getting back into the offense. Now Derrick leads the breaks, giving him less early touches and he often gets the ball in more places that he has to try and force tough 1 on 1 shots, without being in rhythm. This is why he started off so hot against The Kings when Rose was out. When Carmelo gets more comfortable with handling the ball less and just works to get into better positions to catch and shoot in the halfcourt, his scoring average and efficiency is going to skyrocket. From the glimpses we've been seeing, he has a change to have a really good season (27/7/4 on 48% shooting) if he learns how to find C&S opportunities from within the offense.

KP is still trying to figure it all out. He has so much potential and so many ways to be effective...he's just trying to find out the best version of his game right now. He's learning to play through the contact, how to be a more effective defender, how much energy to exert on both sides of the ball. He has so many weapons and he's learning to fine tune the best one's into a potent arsenal.

And D. Rose is learning both of their tendencies and how to get it to them in the best spots. He's also learning how to manage Hornacek's offense, which has a lot of triangle looks but is also fastbreak heavy, which plays right into Derrick's strong points. D. Rose has looked special to me. He's showing flashes of brilliance and blistering athleticism still. If he can just remain healthy, he can also have a helluva season. Don't know about long term contracts and all that and right now, I don't care. He is playing amazing basketball and I hope he keeps it up.

Once these 3 all get comfortable in their roles and continue to gel with the rest of our deep and talented roster, it could get spooky for the rest of the league. This road trip is really where we need to lock in. Go into Phoenix and take care of the Suns, then come out and compete against the Warriors. We can't allow GS to do us the same way Cleveland did. The December 20th game against the Pacers in the Garden will be huge for us, that's gonna be a real statement game.

I like where we're heading, looking forward to the upcoming schedule and most importantly, I'm happy watching Knicks basketball again...it's been a minute since I can say that.

2016-1017 KNICKS ARE HERE AND THEY'RE JUST GETTING STARTED.

View media item 2259510

Last edited:
Not saying that the Knicks are going to win on Thurs, but I think match up wise the Knicks should be more comfortable playing gs than the Cavs. Cavs are great at penetrating with Kyrie and LeBron in there and have bigs that force the Knicks to play more conventional basketball.

The warriors are a jump shooting, small ball team just like the Knicks. But obviously much better.

Point is, warriors are likely to win but at least the Knicks can play the kind of ball they like to play. Hopefully they can keep it competitive.

Last edited:
Team has to come out inspired and get Horny a win against PHX, play a competitive game against the beta boys, and kick Indiana's *** at home.

Road wins are always good.

Good to see KP play well last night.

In terms of having our "big three" all on at the same time...kind of hard to do that when this team relies on isolation as much as it does. Rose has been definitely an upgrade this year but he he still just doesn't do anything to really initiate the offense.

The Knicks are tied w/the Mavs for #1 in isolation offensive plays (265) and have a 17.2 percentile points/possession vs NBA (Mavs 51.7)

Melo is currently third in the NBA behind Harden/Russ in isolation plays.

Real plus minus can be a noisy stat but but offensively, Melo is #34, KP is #37, and Rose is #110... #25 among point guards.

Last two wins are good but neither of those teams will be in the playoffs. This is still a middle-of-the-pack team.

Rose is improving. He started out in the bottom 5 of ALL nba players in terms of +/- this season

I'm not worried about that kind of stuff lol

Road wins are always good.

Good to see KP play well last night.

In terms of having our "big three" all on at the same time...kind of hard to do that when this team relies on isolation as much as it does. Rose has been definitely an upgrade this year but he he still just doesn't do anything to really initiate the offense.

The Knicks are tied w/the Mavs for #1 in isolation offensive plays (265) and have a 17.2 percentile points/possession vs NBA (Mavs 51.7)

Melo is currently third in the NBA behind Harden/Russ in isolation plays.

Real plus minus can be a noisy stat but but offensively, Melo is #34, KP is #37, and Rose is #110... #25 among point guards.

Last two wins are good but neither of those teams will be in the playoffs. This is still a middle-of-the-pack team.

We were bottom of the NBA a season ago. I'll take middle of the pack as we continue to improve & mesh.

Matt Moore's hatin' *** has us 12th in his latest power rankings. Also has this to say:

Don't worry for a heartbeat that this team only beats bad teams (9-1 against below .500 teams, 5-9 against .500 teams and above.) That's a much more sustainable path to consistent success than beating a superstar team one night, falling apart vs. a lottery squad the next.

You got the right quote, papa?

That right there ain't hatin'. Basically saying we're on the path to success by beating the teams we're "supposed" to beat.

Last edited:
My bad, the wording was off. :lol:

He criticized every offseason move & had us missing the playoffs. Now he's acknowledging we might be a good team.

Good win last night

Rose is def proving me wrong, i knew he still had a little juice in him, but he has a lot left in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom