Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

When you have nothing to say, just post a dumb gif for lolz
laugh.gif
My man, ain't no one in here ever say we're expecting to D. Rose to be a better PG than he ever was before but that doesn't mean his tendencies can't change and he can't learn to develop a different role than what he's used to. That's what we're saying. He obviously is developing a new role and getting better at it

D Rose may never be as good as his mvp yr but that still doesn't mean that he can't get a lot better. I think he's averaging 18 and 5 for the season. If he can average 20 and 7, with higher efficiency, I'd be happy.

20 and 7 is very reasonable and attainable. Anything better than that is a blessing.

Last edited:
I like what DRose has done so far, but keep in mind the pgs we've had the last few years. Hell people salivating over B Jennings :rofl: There's no way you can come up with a worth for DRose at this point. If he has a good healthy year you resign him if not, experiment failed. It's 20 games into the season be easy.

How does everyone in here feel about the "posse" thing? I personally think Phil was trying to insult lebrons crew as implying they are where they are because of him. I wonder if lecry would have been offended of Phil referred to them as yes men, cronies, handlers, ect..

How does everyone in here feel about the "posse" thing? I personally think Phil was trying to insult lebrons crew as implying they are where they are because of him. I wonder if lecry would have been offended of Phil referred to them as yes men, cronies, handlers, ect..
Phil is just an ahole with no filter. He knew damn well what he was saying and how it would look in the press when he said it. He chose that word premeditated 

Phil is just an ahole with no filter. He knew damn well what he was saying and how it would look in the press when he said it. He chose that word premeditated 

Do you think it was racial or just a slap in the face to his cling ons?

And "cling ons" ain't insulting? These are his well established business partners. Yes they are successful because of LeBron, but so would have anyone. If he went with the typical big firms to do these things for him they wouldn't have been referred to as a posse. Props to LeBron for overcoming what the typical criticism of young athletes with a crew is, not get dragged down. They uplifted each other and in turn became successful business men. Yet the tone didn't change, they're still a "posse". If you don't see the issue or racial motivation behind that you're a part of the problem. Call it exaggeration if you want to.

"Still a ****** in a Benz".

Do you think it was racial or just a slap in the face to his cling ons?
it wasn't a slap in the face to his people , it was a shot at lebron for being a premadonna... it's like your dad yelling at you in front your friends telling you , your friends aint **** and they ain't never gonna be ****.... also he's implying that LeBron needs his circle around him to make him who he is... basically called him a little ***** who is mentally weak

So basically Phil pissed him off LeBron on purpose a couple nights before they're scheduled to play him. That's, smart.

Phil ain't got no kids. He knew posse was a way to describe young black men in a derogatory manner. I think its cool he didn't abandon his friends...

Posse, Boys, Fam, Crew, Homies....it really wouldn't have mattered what Phil said, the media and Lebron would've interpreted it as "racist"

Posse has been slang for black thugs since sir mix a lot took his to Broadway, unless you think the Jamaican posse's were seen as positive role models. People say effed up **** sometimes and he gotta wear that one. Like Bron an nem be fighting in the club and ish smh..

Last edited:
it wasn't a slap in the face to his people , it was a shot at lebron for being a premadonna... it's like your dad yelling at you in front your friends telling you , your friends aint **** and they ain't never gonna be ****.... also he's implying that LeBron needs his circle around him to make him who he is... basically called him a little ***** who is mentally weak

Never thought of it that way...interesting.

If Rose is a score first point guard, what is Lowry and Stephen curry?

Ya know pass first point guards dont help win nba titles anymore.

Curry, Irving.....

Back
Top Bottom