Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

We're sticking with Rose long term guys just accept it. No one better than him is going to willingly come play in NYK unfortunately. That being said, D. Rose has blown me away at times this year and the good thing is he seems to only be improving. He's learning to be more of a facilitator than a scorer. His good has definitely outweighed the bad 
happy.gif

We're sticking with Rose long term guys just accept it. No one better than him is going to willingly come play in NYK unfortunately. That being said, D. Rose has blown me away at times this year and the good thing is he seems to only be improving. He's learning to be more of a facilitator than a scorer. His good has definitely outweighed the bad :D

And I'm absolutely okay with that. CP3 stays in LA most likely so no one should have a issue with Rose. Already most impactful PG we've had since Marbury. I tell to you one thing though him AND Jennings need to both be back for our PG position to be solidified long term

We're sticking with Rose long term guys just accept it. No one better than him is going to willingly come play in NYK unfortunately. That being said, D. Rose has blown me away at times this year and the good thing is he seems to only be improving. He's learning to be more of a facilitator than a scorer. His good has definitely outweighed the bad :D

Derrick is not done improving. He can stand to get a lot better. He just needs his health and continuity. Just pray for his health, and everything else will follow.

Last edited:
I will say this. Jennings has been balling. Derrick has been balling. And if both keeps it up they should be on the team going forward. On the court together at the same time? I'm not sure you're getting the best of either one when they're on the court together. They both play the best when they have the ball.

If Hornacek continues to insist to play them together, hopefully they will develop chemistry.

Last edited:
At this point, just hope he continues to help KOQ improve. They seem to be boys already with Noah in his ear a lot.

Bron likes showing out in MSG regardless

I just hope they don't pour down 3s on us since our perimeter D is so bad

I'm going to be at dinner the same time as the Knicks Cavs game tomorrow night. At the time I scheduled my dinner, I didn't realize it was the same night as the game.

:frown:

RealGm said it's expected that Otto Porter will receive a max contract offer this off season lolol

:lol: @ Derrick Rose, getting better, dude is almost 30 and has had multiple knee surgeries, he is who he is at this point.

Rose has a true shooting percentage of .516 while league average is 54% so yea, that isn't very good. He is not an inefficient volume scorer, he doesn't actually do much in terms of ball distribution and his defense has never been good by any eye test or metric. He is still electric going to the hoop but with the knee surgeries and how athleticism declines, investing in him would be a really, really bad idea.

There would be a novel idea of trying to draft a PG in a draft that is going to be filled with a lot of them but I know how much everyone here dislikes actually drafting young guys like KP.

Funny that people laugh at Otto Porter but that is a young guy who is actually really good. His numbers get better every year, he's a plus rebounder, plus defender, shoots 40 percent from deep this year and minimum 200 possessions this season, Otto Porter has the fourth-highest points per possession mark in the entire league.

Derrick is 28. If he shows out this yr, it is not outrageous to offer him a 2 or 3 yr contract. No need to worry about athleticism decline unless something disastrous happens. *knocks on wood
*pours salt over shoulder

Just wait and see what he's going to do this yr, fam :lol: If he doesn't show out then the Knicks can move on to someone else. Simple. I'm betting on him though.

Last edited:
laugh.gif
@ Derrick Rose, getting better, dude is almost 30 and has had multiple knee surgeries, he is who he is at this point.

Rose has a true shooting percentage of .516 while league average is 54% so yea, that isn't very good. He is not an inefficient volume scorer, he doesn't actually do much in terms of ball distribution and his defense has never been good by any eye test or metric. He is still electric going to the hoop but with the knee surgeries and how athleticism declines, investing in him would be a really, really bad idea.

There would be a novel idea of trying to draft a PG in a draft that is going to be filled with a lot of them but I know how much everyone here dislikes actually drafting young guys like KP.

Funny that people laugh at Otto Porter but that is a young guy who is actually really good. His numbers get better every year, he's a plus rebounder, plus defender, shoots 40 percent from deep this year and minimum 200 possessions this season, Otto Porter has the fourth-highest points per possession mark in the entire league.

Last edited:
I partially agree with worldbeefreeg worldbeefreeg

Rose is who he is at this point. A score first PG whose been troubled with injuries in the past. I'm really not sure if he makes anyone around him better yet. You never know when the next injury will be with how fragile his body is. I wouldn't extend Rose until we actually strike out on CP3. I also would give him a 3 year offer with the 3rd year being a team option. Anything more than that is a pass.

Last edited:
So basically, Penny. Your thought process is to let Rose go and just draft a PG. Is that what you're implying?

Just tryna see your rationale in all of this. You're literally unhappy with everything.

Quite sure if CP3 become a free agent Knicks will try and offer him everything he wants. When that doesn't happen you have to reel both D.Rose and Jennings back in. Money discussion is pointless since we aren't in the offseason yet.

Back
Top Bottom