Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

It's great to see KP red hot and not get the ball.

That's the winning culture and environment that we need to surround him with so we can grow.

No way, you could have watched that game last night and not seen that. Especially down the stretch.

Only reason KP hasn't hit 40 yet in a game is cause we haven't fed him enough.

Hornacek like I thought is a good coach. Understands rotations and where the game is at in the modern NBA. Just got to hope Phil continues to let him run the ship without interfering.

This dude worldbeefreeg won't be happy until KP averages 45 ppg on 30 shots [emoji]128557[/emoji]

Last edited:
Rose has been playing terrific defense as of late. 

Completely locking up Schorder 

Gave Lillard some of the toughest sight to score the basket with 8-18 

It was Rose’s first jumper of the game, and the biggest bucket of his short Knicks career.

“I finally shot the ball up. It’s all legs, man. That’s what I mean. Like your whole life you’re used to a 1-2 rhythm. You have one injury, and that kind of resets everything. Let alone you have three, and you’ve got to find your 1-2, how high you want you jump on your shot, how high you want to jump on your threes,” said a reflective Rose. “I missed preseason. All those little things count. Like, this entire time, these three or four years, I’m playing catch-up.”

Rose’s play down the stretch– which included eight points and four assists in the final 11 minutes – punctuated an offensive explosion Tuesday from Kristaps Porzingis, who continued his ascension to stardom with 31 points and nine boards.

“That vintage (Rose) is gone, man. I told you the question should be: Can I hoop? I can hoop,” he said. “It shouldn’t be like he’s playing like his old self. Like, if I can hoop, I can hoop, no matter if I did that when I was younger or now. I can play the game of basketball.”

ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo · 9h9 hours ago
Kristaps Porzingis has averaged over 25 points and 8 rebounds per game in wins but just 16.6 and 6.6 in losses

Last edited:

It's great to see KP red hot and not get the ball.

That's the winning culture and environment that we need to surround him with so we can grow.

You really got to be trolling at this point lol
he ain't lying though. kp didn't get the ball in like the last handful of mins or some dumb stat like that

he was a little tired, but i don't disagree that he shoulda kept getting the ball down the stretch

Melo took 3 shots in the 4th and got booed, none within the last 4 minutes. At this point idk what the fans want

Last edited:
Lol KP dropped 31 and 9

Melo only took 3 shots in the 4th and put his energy towards hustling

Rose got KP the ball the last possession and then KP gave it back to Rose.

Most importantly, Knicks got the win.

Ppl finding really weird things to be unhappy about.

Last edited:
Lol KP dropped 31 and 9

Melo only took 3 shots in the 4th and put his energy towards hustling

Rose got KP the ball the last possession and then KP gave it back to Rose.

Most importantly, Knicks got the win.

Ppl finding really weird things to be unhappy about.

When you don't want the team to win and are the leader of #teamtank and prefer KP to put up 25 plus shots and average 30 none of those other things matter.

Remember, Rose and Melo are supposed to be hindering KP's development not helping him grow so there's always gonna be a negative regardless if we win or lose.

Porzingis ain't a loser, dude is enjoying winning games and from what I've seen so far possesses the clutch gene. He ain't trying to lose

Last edited:
LOVED Porzingis missing a few shots in the 4th then coming down & hitting a clutch 3 with no hesitation.

kuzminskas also came up clutch near the end of the fourth. gotta recognize him as an increasingly valuable part of this team

Can't wait til we get our players clicking at the end of games :pimp:

Kuz with the shot of the night (aside from Rose sealing it thought that one was huge.)

Worldbefalling wants a tank squad around KP, so if he's hot other teams can double and get the ball out of his hands and force KP into decisions like "force/chuck on the double or move the ball to my Smush Parker/Jared Jefferies equivalents?" And develop terrible habits. But wait KP is from a middle class family so that wouldn't happen. If anything, KP's development getting so good so quickly while playing the right way with freedom and space should shut critics up and serve as evidence of why this is working for him.

I'm done replying to dude though son is convinced he knows the game better than he does.

Dude comes here after a night where KP had a long stretch where he kept getting fed the ball (a big improvement already 14 games in from when we weren't looking for him in the beginning) and got a W.

Son is like Donald Trump. Criticizing anything from Hillary's track record but since his is all hypothetical there are no concrete facts to prove him wrong. Dude will come in now and say since KP is from a middle class family he's guaranteed to develop anyways, and that he'll play the right way even in a tank squad.

This team is a work in progress. They progressing.

Last edited:
He's a extremely intelligent kid who grew up upper-middle class and has been on his own since he was 15 years old. He's not Marbury :rofl:

To support his argument of why KP hypothetically wouldn't feel any pressure without these guys here in NY with him btw

Last edited:
One thing I am legitimately concerned about though is KP and Melo seem to like the same spots at the end of games.

From what we're seeing so far these dudes will get it figured out though. It's an adjustment too for Melo and you know it's gotta be a bit weird going from the best player, franchise player, guy who's guaranteed the ball at the end of games to no longer any of these things in the span of 1 year. Dudes gunna have to learn how to adjust and he and Rose and KP gunna have to learn to feel each other out at the end of games and knows who's been hot. Imo either KP/Melo will have to know to get out of the way and camp on the perimeter depending on who's feeling it, instead of both congesting the mid post while Rose looks to get to the basket possibly, creating a ton of clutter. Gotta keep the floor spread. Melo is so used to being in that spot in the 4th though for years.

I have no reason to not believe they'll get much more on the same wavelength with time.

Last edited:
It kinda looks like they're using KP as a floor spacer in the 4th.

Melo and Rose playing pick and roll with each other while KP waiting at the 3 pt line. KP's man was staying at home with KP. Not a coincidence that Rose was going to the basket.

Now if KP's man was to not stay at home and help out on Rose's drives,best believe that he would've found KP. It's not necessarily 'play keep away from KP in the closing minutes' like a few of you seem to think. Just the Knicks working with what the defense is giving them.

Last edited:
Final thought, KP will be an ASG starter and teamNYK will do our part to get him in there :pimp:

Middle class = leaders, intelligent, and supremely talented

Lower class = followers, not that bright, and role players

Amirite ? [emoji]129300[/emoji]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom