OFFICIAL 2017 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD - Spring Game schedule on first page

Who is going to win the Pac 12 this season?

• USC

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Stanford

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Washington

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Oregon

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • UCLA

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Wazzu

• Utah

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Colorado

• Oregon St

• Cal

• Arizona St

• Arizona

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wanted to see Miami add another elite crooter with that 10th spot so that push back would suck

laugh.gif

"Barring the fake-screen TD pass to wide-open OJ Howard, Jalen Hurts was 12/30 for 63 yards and 0 TDs in the National Championship..."

"Jalen Hurts vs. Clemson: All 31 passes"

"Barring the fake-screen TD pass to wide-open OJ Howard, Jalen Hurts was 12/30 for 63 yards and 0 TDs in the National Championship..."

"Jalen Hurts vs. Clemson: All 31 passes"

He was trash downfield passing all year long... He didnt have to win that game for them... Their D and ST had to and they didnt.

College football targeting penalties, ejections may see reductions in 2017
If adjusted rules are passed, targeting calls may be more fair for all involved

College football targeting penalties may become more lenient through a proposed rule change that could result in fewer player ejections.

As targeting ejections have doubled over three years, the NCAA Football Rules Committee is looking at changing the replay standards so a targeting ejection only occurs if the penalty is confirmed. Currently, if replay doesn't have enough evidence to confirm targeting but can't rule it's not targeting, the call on the field stands and the player gets ejected.

NCAA associate director Ty Halpin, the liaison for the rules committee, said ejecting a player is "a pretty expensive deal" if targeting isn't certain. Halpin said the "vast majority" of targeting flags thrown on the field should be confirmed, but there's a fairness issue to consider for players.

"We still want to the official to throw the flag there," Halpin said. "But if replay says there's a little bit of contact on the shoulder and it's more because the player adjusted and it wasn't a dangerous attempt by the player delivering the contact, then maybe that player deserves to stay in the game. It's a reasonable thing to go with."

http://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...nalties-ejections-may-see-sizable-reductions/

Georgia, Penn State on list of college football teams in 'win now' mode for 2017
The window could be closed for these teams to win big after 2017

Georgia and Auburn are among the big-time college football programs entering 2017 with a heightened sense of urgency. For the Bulldogs, Tigers and these other “win now” teams, there is no particular win total that will determine a successful season, but you can bet fans want to see these five teams in the mix for conference titles and, potentially, a spot in the College Football Playoff.

In the NFL, “win now” is a concern for head coaches and general managers entering free agency and the NFL Draft. In college football, “win now” is also personnel-related as it ties to the limited eligibility of the game’s biggest stars. College football coaches recruit tirelessly to string together multiple classes of top talent but usually only get a 1-2 year window where it all comes together and the program can peak. There are exceptions, obviously, but not everyone can be Alabama.

By this definition, Tennessee was a “win now” team in 2016. Butch Jones had assembled a talented roster with a couple good recruiting classes and much of the team’s core had at least a year or two of experience on the field in SEC play. With quarterback Joshua Dobbs and many key contributors gone, the Vols are not likely to be the media’s pick to win the SEC East in 2017.

These are my four “win now” teams to watch in 2017.

http://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...lege-football-teams-in-win-now-mode-for-2017/

Dan Murphy ‏@DanMurphyESPN  7h7 hours ago
 Police seek arrest warrants in connection with a sexual assault investigation involving 3 Mich St. football players:
 Dan Murphy ‏@DanMurphyESPN  2h2 hours ago
Brief update: Police requested four warrants -- three for sexual assault and one for a non-sexual crime related to the investigation.

Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN  1h1 hour ago
 Liberty will become FBS independent in 2019, after two seasons transitioning from FCS
This is where Briles is going to end up next season. They hired former Baylor AD Ian McCaw in November. 

Matt Corral to LB Poly?
WOW.

What a get. Not their prototypical QB. Very surprising.

Antonio Pierce crootin
I thought the word was mission for him?

Pierce coachs poly now?
Pierce coaches Poly. 

And people in his town were saying Poly, then he tweeted out "new home" and apparently immediately followed 8-10 Poly players. I haven't seen any official confirmation, but the SC board writers on Scout seem to agree it looks like that's where he's headed.

True, nothing official said yet.

Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN  1h1 hour ago
 Liberty will become FBS independent in 2019, after two seasons transitioning from FCS
This is where Briles is going to end up next season. They hired former Baylor AD Ian McCaw in November. 
Is the current HC on the outs?
Turner Gil is their current HC who has been 35-25 since 2012. 

You know if that POS Falwell Jr didn't have any qualms with hiring McCaw, he isn't going to blink twice about Briles leading them into the FBS. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/03/...aylor-liberty-university-sexual-assaults.html

Coach Harbaugh ‏@CoachJim4UM  2h2 hours ago
 Pete Finebaum, the unabashed SEC water carrier, really needs to get his facts straight. #AlternativeFacts
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

The $21 million project calls for a 32,000-square-foot performance center to be built within the 78,000 square-foot field house, which will be used for strength and conditioning training for the football program. The project also calls for the addition of a 5,000-square-foot mezzanine level.
http://record.umich.edu/articles/regents-ok-football-performance-center-oosterbaan-field-house

pimp.gif

Coach Harbaugh ‏@CoachJim4UM  2h2 hours ago
 Pete Finebaum, the unabashed SEC water carrier, really needs to get his facts straight. #AlternativeFacts
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

The $21 million project calls for a 32,000-square-foot performance center to be built within the 78,000 square-foot field house, which will be used for strength and conditioning training for the football program. The project also calls for the addition of a 5,000-square-foot mezzanine level.
http://record.umich.edu/articles/regents-ok-football-performance-center-oosterbaan-field-house

pimp.gif
Back to back flag champs on that field 
pimp.gif

2019 quarterback Taulia Tagovailoa, the younger brother of Alabama quarterback signee Tua Tagovailoa, is expected to transfer from Kapolei (Hawaii) to a high school in Alabama to finish his high school career, according to a report from Hawaii Prep World.
--------------------------------

The football coach from Lousiana that "Banned" Alabama from recruiting players at his school 2 days ago just got fired due to those remarks.

http://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...loses-job-after-publicly-going-after-alabama/
"Most people are going to say 'Fester just ran his mouth,' but (Parkway) made it clear to me why they fired me," Feaster told The Times. "They can say what they want to about Alabama, but (Bates) cited me for insubordination. He said, 'You should have checked with me before you banned Alabama.'

"I said, 'That was four years ago, you weren’t even the principal here.' But he said I brought so much negative publicity to the school I had to go."

Feaster, who tops Parkway’s all-time wins list at 59-17, felt Alabama head football coach Nick Saban and his assistants mishandled the recruiting of former Parkway and LSU quarterback Brandon Harris.

“I will never allow Alabama in our field house ever again,” Fester told The Tim Fletcher Show in November of 2015.

The Alabama dust-up came to light again this week when Feaster reiterated his thoughts about Alabama with Fletcher and called Alabama football “unethical” on a Baton Rouge radio station (104.5 FM ESPN).

The current Parkway administration didn’t take kindly to the attention and felt Fester was “undermining” school officials and potentially hurting other Panthers athletes who could be recruited by Alabama.
LSU flipped one of the La kids that committed to Kansas, Nelson Jenkins.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom