OFFICIAL 2017 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD - Spring Game schedule on first page

Who is going to win the Pac 12 this season?

• USC

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Stanford

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Washington

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Oregon

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • UCLA

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Wazzu

• Utah

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Colorado

• Oregon St

• Cal

• Arizona St

• Arizona

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
[RUMOR] Snyder stepping down as KSU Coach (self.CFB)
submitted 14 hours ago * by Kansas State Wildcats / Pittsburg State GorillasSwipet

Due to health concerns (maybe cancer?) with him, the athletic department will not allow him to coach any longer for his sake even if Bill wants to return (not sure how this works out contract wise since he has 1 year left on his current contract).

Damn 
frown.gif

Matt Corral got jammed up with some **** in HS, rumor is a fight with Gretzky's son, and ended up un-enrolling from high school.

Last edited:
Turns out Snyder was diagnosed w/ Throat Cancer.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...-attend-kansas-state-wildcats-spring-practice

Bill Snyder expected to attend K-State spring practice despite throat cancer diagnosis

Longtime Kansas State coach Bill Snyder has been diagnosed with throat cancer but is expected to be on the field for the start of the Wildcats' spring practice next month.

Snyder announced the diagnosis in a lengthy statement Monday, saying that he has been receiving treatment for three weeks and that doctors have "projected a positive outcome."

"I have been diagnosed with throat cancer and have been receiving outpatient treatment at the KU Medical Center for about three weeks and am getting along very well," Snyder said in his statement. "The doctors and staffs at both KU Med and M.D. Anderson [in Houston] have been great; working so very well together to finalize the overall treatment plan which is being conducted in Kansas City. Both 'teams' have projected a positive outcome and have worked out a schedule that allows me to be in Kansas City for my regular treatments and still be back in the office on a regular basis through the first week of March."

i

Bill Snyder said he has been undergoing treatment for throat cancer for the past three weeks. Scott Sewell/USA TODAY Sports

Snyder, 77, said his son Sean, the Wildcats' associate head coach/special teams coordinator, and the rest of the coaching staff will continue in "carrying out their responsibilities keeping us on track" when he is away from the team.

Snyder also addressed widespread speculation about his health, apologizing for publicly disclosing his diagnosis before having the opportunity to tell some friends and family members.

"Coach Snyder's health is of the utmost importance, and he has our full support during this time," Kansas State athletic director John Currie said. "We will provide all of the necessary accommodations he and his family need to ensure a smooth treatment process. He will remain our head coach during this treatment period, and we look forward to seeing him on the field this spring and in pursuit of career win No. 203 on Sept. 2."

Snyder, who was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame two years ago, won his 200th game with the Wildcats in 2016. Kansas State finished 9-4 last season and defeated Texas A&M in the AdvoCare V100 Texas Bowl.

Ja'Marr Chase de- committed from KU. At least to me, that is no surprise. I didn't think all of those guys would stick, especially the four star guys. Hopefully we can send Beaty back in for the in home visit to reassure 'Ma and 'Pa that we still have their sons be interest in mind.

I mean this in the most 100% sincere way when I say this but if it was up to Coach Synder he would prefer if he died on the sideline, practice or in his office. That man is KSU football all the way. Doesn't surprise me in the least that he is diagnosed with throat cancer and says he will still be there for the start of spring practice. Sometimes gets a bad rap around some KU parts but I like Coach Synder. Humble, stand up guy who always seem to get the most out of the least.

I doubt that Beaty and Hull will be able to keep any of those remaining kids committed through Feb '18, but it would be damn impressive if they were able to do so

They just have to keep them committed through December now.

I don't think you have to sign in December though, you just will have the option to do so. It'll be like basketball w/ 2 signing days.

At any rate, just means they'd decommit in November instead of January if they decided to not stick w/ the Jayhawks lol

They just have to keep them committed through December now.
I don't think you have to sign in December though, you just will have the option to do so. It'll be like basketball w/ 2 signing days.

At any rate, just means they'd decommit in November instead of January if they decided to not stick w/ the Jayhawks lol
You don't but you know coaches at places like KU are going to be heavily pressuring kids to sign so that their classes dont get picked off at the last minute by the power programs in February. 

Perhaps 
laugh.gif

It'll be interesting to see what kind of effect this new rule has on the power programs pursuit of the big time recruits now that their contingency plans are going to be a lot more limited. 

Fiscal year 2015 school distributions (all figures confirmed):

SEC: $32.7 million 
Big Ten: $32.4 million 
Pac-12: $25.1 million

Fiscal year 2016 school distributions

SEC: $40 million (confirmed
Big Ten: $35 million (approximate) 
Pac-12: $27 million (approximate)

That looks bad … that is  bad … but it’s about to get much worse for the Pac-12.

Remember: The Big Ten’s new Tier 1 deal begins in 2017-18, and it’s also a whopper, averaging $440 million per year.

Which brings us to …

Fiscal year 2017-18 school distributions …

Big Ten: $45 million (estimate) 
SEC: $43 million (estimate) 
Pac-12: $31 million (estimate)

The Pac-12’s Tier 1 deal runs through 2023-24. Until then … until it can renegotiate … it’s essentially locked in place. There is no expectation of a major new revenue stream.

In other words, each Pac-12 school could be $12M – $15M behind its SEC/Big Ten peers every year for the next seven years.

THAT’S serious money — more than enough to create a competitive disadvantage. (The ACC and Big 12 will be in similar predicaments.)
 Nick BaumgardnerVerified account ‏@nickbaumgardner  45m45 minutes ago
 HS coach Michael Johnson, NFL coaching vet and father of elite '19 QB, to take job at Michigan 

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2017/02/hs_coach_michael_johnson_fathe.html
pimp.gif

Last edited:
Hire him before the NCAA rule goes into effect. And even if it does go into effect he'll be enrolled in school 2 years after his hiring date.

Smart move Harbaugh.

p03wv8tb.jpg

Bruce Feldman ‏@BruceFeldmanCFB  2h2 hours ago
 SOURCE: Patriots assistant & former NFL OC Brian Daboll is expected to interview for the #Alabama OC job. He GAed for Saban at MSU.
Browns, Dolphins, and Chiefs OC from 09-12. 

More than likely was a product of his father doing it to him... Would not doubt it if Sanduskys dad did t to him.. He did tell his victims they shared a bond that he and his father had... Sad and disgusting all around...

More than likely was a product of his father doing it to him... Would not doubt it if Sanduskys dad did t to him.. He did tell his victims they shared a bond that he and his father had... Sad and disgusting all around...

for sure.

Makes me angry.

Back
Top Bottom