OFFICIAL 2017 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD - Spring Game schedule on first page

Who is going to win the Pac 12 this season?

• USC

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Stanford

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Washington

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Oregon

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • UCLA

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Wazzu

• Utah

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Colorado

• Oregon St

• Cal

• Arizona St

• Arizona

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The more I read up on FAU "fans" selling the program and the direction administration wants to go, the more I like it for Lane.

Big commuter school that wants to transform into more of a traditional university. Has new facilities and sees football as the key to building an on-campus culture. Zero expectations beyond getting people excited and making the team "cool" and free reign to do whatever you want with the program/build it in your image. Pay could end up equaling more than the pay you got at Bama and it's a little bit of a lifestyle upgrade.

If you assume that the knock on him is that ADs want to see him coach and build a smaller low profile program for a few years, could be a good move. Get them to 6 wins and he looks great.

Also no more Saban.

tl;dr: No more Saban. Win.

Has Urban ever had NFL interest, whether it's from him or the league? It seems like his name never gets brought up but he's clearly one of the best coaches in football.

Shaw isn't going anywhere until his kids graduate high school which isn't for another 8 years. He loves it here.

If your a SFLHS coach why would you send your kids to FAU with Lane when Butch Davis is at FIU?

That's keeping me from buying that this is going to work out for Joey. He should have went to the NFL.

Last edited:
Has Urban ever had NFL interest, whether it's from him or the league? It seems like his name never gets brought up but he's clearly one of the best coaches in football.

Supposedly Cleveland was trying to get him before they hired their most recent coach, who knows if true though

So a Buckeye appears to be the source for the latest harbaugh to NFL rumor? Can they get any more pathetic?

And then he walks it back after getting ravaged on Twitter by Michigan fans.

So a Buckeye appears to be the source for the latest harbaugh to NFL rumor? Can they get any more pathetic?

And then he walks it back after getting ravaged on Twitter by Michigan fans.

Harbaugh will always be a part of any NFL rumors when a job opens up and owner has deep pockets.

The timing isn't right this time around, but it will be. You don't possibly think he stays at UM forever, right?

Harbaugh will always be a part of any NFL rumors when a job opens up and owner has deep pockets.

The timing isn't right this time around, but it will be. You don't possibly think he stays at UM forever, right?

But what has he accomplished so?

Coached to a Super Bowl and lost.

Has made Michigan not suck.

- Made stanford relevant again in CFB
- Took over a pathetic SF team, and instantly made them contenders (see kaepernick's current QB output, and also look how many people retired rather than play for the next coach)
- Took over an extremely high pressure job of Michigan, and instantly turned around that program

... but, I suppose he hasn't done much.

i don't know what to say to this if you don't think Harbaugh isn't a very good coach. How's SF doing now? Right when he left, what happened to them?

How did he do at Stanford?

I'll say his resume is very good.

Last edited:
I mean I'm not guaranteeing anything but I think it is possible. Why not?

Everyone but the Michigan faithful thought it was crazy to consider harbaugh leaving the NFL for Michigan in the first place. now those same people insist that he's heading back. What makes them so sure?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom