Official 2017 Boxing Thread: 12/16 - Billy Joe Saunders vs. David Lemieux HBO

Who will be the winner of Terence Crawford vs. Julius Indongo fight?

• Crawford

Votes: 16 88.9%
  • Indongo

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Fight looked competitive to me, of the 10 rounds I saw. I don't know where the reaction from the commentators came from, unless there were multiple KD's in the first 2 rounds.

No KD’s. Just a fighter who outclassed his opponent for the majority of the fight.

The reaction is not just from the commentators.

No KD’s. Just a fighter who outclassed his opponent for the majority of the fight.

The reaction is not just from the commentators.
I'll be sure to re-watch the entire fight. I don't see how this was be a "robbery". Assuming Farmer won the first two rounds handily, it would've been 7-5 Farmer. It was a fight with many swing rounds. I went in with the expectation that Farmer would dominate, because I've never heard of the other guy. But that is not what happened.

In all honesty, thought R2 was a tad early for "Hi-Tech" to be clowning and showboating on Rigo. It was age and weight, but most importantly skill difference. I've been telling you guys from the onset that nobody is seeing Lomachenko technically. Rembrandt of boxing. The footwork is ridiculous to watch. I want the Salido rematch sooner than later to avenge all those dirty and blatant low blows. And my man took that bout in his second professional fight.

Disappointed with "El Chacal." He was looking for a way out from the jump. At least guys like Sosa showed some heart and pride. The constant ducked head and clinching obviously turns off the casual viewer, but Rigo was barely throwing on top of that.

In all honesty, thought R2 was a tad early for "Hi-Tech" to be clowning and showboating on Rigo. It was age and weight, but most importantly skill difference. I've been telling you guys from the onset that nobody is seeing Lomachenko technically. Rembrandt of boxing. The footwork is ridiculous to watch. I want the Salido rematch sooner than later to avenge all those dirty and blatant low blows. And my man took that bout in his second professional fight.

Disappointed with "El Chacal." He was looking for a way out from the jump. At least guys like Sosa showed some heart and pride. The constant ducked head and clinching obviously turns off the casual viewer, but Rigo was barely throwing on top of that.
Salido said he's done after tonight. oh btw, good to see you back. :lol: I remember when you put what was it 12 stacks? on Loma over Russell Jr

How did ESPN have those 2 major rounds of cleaning house and these 2 idiots remain.

The sports equivalent of nails down the blackboard I had to mute it b4 my head exploded smh

Rigo's a clown. Talked all that **** just to get clowned and quit. One of the more overrated fighters in recent history.

Salute to Siri tho on a great career :pimp:

Easter, Linares, and Berchelt could be good fights for Loma. He wins all those but they should at least put up some kind of resistance. I'd love to see him against Garica, but Mikey is Mikey.

Last edited:
According to Dan Rafael, Rigo didn’t break his hand according to his promoter it was a severe contusion aka bruise.

Gotta love the keyboard warriors

Attachments

• B8DDB295-9871-4619-8D60-42E3C6C877F9.jpeg
    B8DDB295-9871-4619-8D60-42E3C6C877F9.jpeg
    69.8 KB · Views: 536
Sad part is while Rigo quit, Loma didnt really do much to impress me in that fight. Yes he made the older smaller man lose confidence and quit but lets be clear Rigo could've easily made it through the next 5 rounds. He also may have stunned in once in those 7 rounds. Crawford is going up so I dont see that being possible in the near future but I'd be happy to see him step up to Jr Welter to see what kindve work he can do with the top guys left in that division.

If that fight goes the distance people are still going to look down on Rigo, but they also wont look at Loma as this unbeatable force.

Don't get me wrong he won convincingly but not in outstanding fashion.

I think Loma will be a great champ but still waiting for him to fight someone notable as a pro not amatuer, he's got skills but id actually like to see them on display

Yeah that fight was ******* terrible. Loma landed 16% and Rigo landed 8%. Being able to frustrate even Rigo did answer some questions though, the guy is a talent. I used to think Mikey Garcia would give him serious problems, not so sure about that anymore though.

Wonder if anybody can pull off a gameplan like Salido did against him at this point, or has he gotten that much better that he can keep a brawler from making the fight dirty.

Last edited:
The gameplan Salido used was become overweight, punch low, and fight dirty. But I see a different Loma then do I see now.

Hope Lemieux comes up with a win vs Saunders.

Salido had every advantage in that fight. Laurence Cole, the ref for the fight is known to be shady. He let Salido get away with everything and even though Lomachenko lost he did not get whitewashed. Loma actually adapted and was coming on stronger towards the end.

The key was Lomachenko's inexperience. He did not require a rehydration clause and he didn't have the answers when Salido was physical and dirty.

Back
Top Bottom