Official 2017-2018 Knicks season thread

Lmao. This is hilarious to me. This is what happens when you have a coach that's tryna save his job by winning as many games as possible by playing the vets. Meanwhile you have an entire young roster whose not developing the proper way, and a front office that's pushing a youth movement.

I don't believe Frank is ready to start either. But if the team trades away some veterans at the deadline, he should definitely be starting. This team needs to tank. Getting to the playoffs and losing in the first round will not benefit anyone. What experience are you really getting from getting swept? Porz needs to sit down with this playoff talk.

Nets just got Rashad Vaughn & a 2nd rounder for Tyler Zeller

Probably comparable to what we'd get for Hernangomez or O'Quinn

Both KOQ and Willy are significantly better than Zeller. Hope we can get more value than that if we move them tbh.

**** Jarret Jack.

I don’t get sticking with a veteran PG when we clearly arent winning anything this year.

I get trying to protect his confidence, but if anything you’re hurting it when you go about it this was. Saying he’s still grasping going out and playing everyday was borderline disrespectful.

I’d rather lose every game than waste time we could be using to develop our young guys. Jack won’t be here past his contract.

Apparently half the league called us when word of Willy wanting out got out

So he’s not allowed to complain at all?

You act like there’s nothing to complain about

Get a grip, man

I didn’t say he can’t complain at all. There you go insinuating again. Saying things like he’s tired isn’t common among players. That’s making excuses. It’s not like this dude is drop 40 point games and willing us to win, regardless of how bad Jeff’s coaching is. Y’all glorifying a guy far too much for someone that hasn’t accomplished anything.

Too many people in this thread fall in love with players and not the team. We’ve had so called “talent experts” in this thread that wanted to keep Melo, Draft Mudiay, Sign Batum to a near Max Deal and throw a Chunk at Bazemore but we get criticized for speaking real ****! KP hasn’t earned the right to be the Diva that he is right now and Frank hasn’t earned the right to be starting. You just don’t start someone because they need “experience”, they need to earn that **** and show why they need to be on the court.

Willy should def get us a first round pick. Would be nice to have a top 10 pick and another late first round for once.

That can also be packaged for lets say a Lillard?

Willy should def get us a first round pick. Would be nice to have a top 10 pick and another late first round for once.

That can also be packaged for lets say a Lillard?
tenor.gif

I wouldn’t give away both picks for Dame, but I would take Dame over any guard we have right now.

If the Knicks dont trade Willy when there seems to be considerable interest around the L and we are stuck with a thousand centers in addition to KP, it would be ******* moronic.

Should have looked to deal him in the offseason, was saying so at the time. Nice player but not a good fit here right now.

This team desperately needs to balance their roster right now more than anything IMO. I don't really even care if we don't get a "match" for Willy's value or whatever. If we end up with a draft pick and/or a young swingman to help balance the roster, that would be all good by me.

Just sell him to the highest bidder and consider this team's needs for once, unlike with the Melo trade when we decided we needed another low post center as the marquee return. Willy's value will only continue to fall if we don't deal him now. Kanter isn't going anywhere any time soon and Willy is essentially worthless with a more talented version of himself already on the roster.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom