Official 2017-2018 Knicks season thread

I'm telling y'all man, we'd be in the playoff race with DS Jr or Donovan Mitchell.

Neither are without flaw but they're both averaging 10 points more than Frank and can take pressure off of KP right now, instead of adding it.

They're closing games right now and have a way better feel for the game.

He's coaching for wins in all the wrong ways.

-rotations are absolutely terrible
-no one ever knows when they'll play
-zero development of Frank all season long
-none stop ISOs all 4th quarter

goldenchild9 goldenchild9 bro who gives af at this point. We're damn near halfway past the season and you still talking about DSJ and Mitchell. They are not on this team and most likely never will be. Who cares.

This was a Phil pick. Everyone past on Mitchell. DSJ was supposed to come in as the most NBA ready player.

real talk i’m giving frank a pass this season. he’s only 19 and getting used to the nba. everyone else besides kp and timb is replaceable.

Full tank would be ideal, but its impossible to tell a team to go full tank mode. Especially when you have players like KP/Kanter/Tim who are capable of giving you 15-20+ on a given night. They're not gonna go out there and lose on purpose.

We're still gonna compete and try to win as many games as possible. This team is gunning for the playoffs. Either make a trade or fire the coach. Only thing that'll spark them.

Frank needs to start and play 30 minutes a game. And live with the result

This. Not only will it help his development and free up KP from the picks, but he just fits with the starters much better. Let Jack run the bench since its none stop ISO from them anyway.

It's frustrating seeing Frank bc we missed on a 8 pick in a strong draft. I'm really rooting for Frank bc he's here, but we have a player who doesn't have the handle or athleticism to play PG. And I get that draft picks take time or even bust, but outside of being an aggressive defender (TJ McConell torched him on christmas on and off the ball, so he still has a long ways to go), and good shooting form, I don't really see what skills he has that we should be excited about. We ended up using one of our highest draft picks in a good draft in years on a player who's not special. There are a ton of long defenders in the NBA who try on defense, and can occasionally hit a jumper, we had a much more athletic one w/ Shump, but he only cost us a 20something pick in a weaker draft. You can sign a guy like that pretty easily and not expend scarce assets. I think he can, best case (this will sound like hate, but i mean it as a complement) become Chris Duhon that plays defense at a much higher level. A guy that can walk it up, shoot well coming off screens or when open, and hopefully he'll be able to take care of the ball as a pass-first guard who can also guard the other team's best player.

I think what makes some of us more frustrated w/ Frank though is that he's the opposite of a NY guard. He has no ball handling moves, he's slow, I've never seen him penetrate - I'm not sure I've seen him try more than 2-3 times this entire season, and in the rare cases he's made it to the rim he can't finish. With time he can become more aggressive, maybe even learn to get to the hoop off a pick if he doesn't pick up any moves off the dribble, but when we see DSJ attacking the rim or Donovan dropping 30 while also playing lockdown defense, its tough. I do hope he can learn to be more aggressive and actually try to get to the basket, but I don't think he has the athleticism or speed. He's going to have to be a guy who relies on his jumper. I just hope we don't pass up on drafting or signing PGs bc we used a high pick on him. Already saw the Giants do that w/ Ereck Flowers.

hqg-2426.gif

But in reality Frank really didn’t do **** in Europe either. He played 18 minutes a game and averaged 5 points and 1 assist.
You’d think with that level of knowledge and perception, you’d be working as a talent scout for an NBA team :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom