Official 2017-2018 Knicks season thread

Serious question, can Frank become a 3 and D player? His best shots have been 3 pointers when he is open. If he played more of as a wing on offense while guarding the other teams best player, could that be his role? His handle needs much improvement to be the primary ball handler. Is he out of position as a PG? He's 6'5 so it' not like he would be too small to be a wing. I think Frank can be a good player, but I'm not sure PG is where he will see the most success.

Serious question, can Frank become a 3 and D player? His best shots have been 3 pointers when he is open. If he played more of as a wing on offense while guarding the other teams best player, could that be his role? His handle needs much improvement to be the primary ball handler. Is he out of position as a PG? He's 6'5 so it' not like he would be too small to be a wing. I think Frank can be a good player, but I'm not sure PG is where he will see the most success.

Ive said this multiple times. They not tryna hear that in here.

Serious question, can Frank become a 3 and D player? His best shots have been 3 pointers when he is open. If he played more of as a wing on offense while guarding the other teams best player, could that be his role? His handle needs much improvement to be the primary ball handler. Is he out of position as a PG?
That's why I am personally high on him because he can be more versatile depending on his physical development and growth as a player. I am a bit concerned about his growth this season so far.

we still watching the knicks or nah? if we didnt inch out NO or DAL ( both games where we gave up wide open 3s in the final seconds and only won by the grace of god himself) we'd be on a 11 game losing streak dating back to DEC 22 against the pistons.

Hornys obviously lost the team. The vets feel like theyre more important than they are. Young dudes lost all their confidence.

What we watching the rest of this month for?

EDIT - Trey Burke.

Last edited:
I also think Horny lost the team. Things would have to get real bad for him to get fired mid season imo.

Worst case scenario we got the draft pick to look forward too. Just hope it's a top 10 pick. Timmy being out for 6 weeks really hurt this team. And him being back will help but it's too late since we are 4 games under .500 and the whole month pretty much on the road. This team looked promising in the beginning and I really thought we would be different compared to last year. I was wrong smh

Na y'all giving up too fast. We'll keep winning games. Just some minor tweaks need to be made.

Everyone here was talking 20-25 wins max for this team once the Melo trade happened. We're still gonna crack the 35 win mark.

Is that a good thing? Probably not.

We’re def gonna go on a year at some point this season and win 5 straight I think to break even

Right now I see 35-42 wins

6A4FB4FC-8D06-4EA8-A3F9-DEA3B5FD3C76.png

It's gonna take a lot of Michael Beasley minutes but I think we could catch the Nets

Last edited:
Been preaching before we drafted Frank that I don't think he's a PG. More of a 3 and D guy once he adds muscle and gets stronger. He'll replace Courtney once he's traded.

Strengths: Elite size for a point guard with very good athleticism and quickness … Impressive wingspan (close to 7 ft)… Very mature for his age with a good basketball IQ … He has a thin frame, but his body structure suggests that he can add weight and increase his muscle tone nicely … A true point guard with a “pass first” mentality … He can control the pace of the game nicely … Excellent passer with great court vision … He is always looking to find the open teammate … He can pass on the move and also while penetrating … Excels on the open court and loves to run the break … Great ball handler … He has a nice hesitation dribble and he has also an improving crossover dribble on his repertoire … Possesses an explosive first step … Really good on ISO situations thanks to his athleticism, length and excellent ball handling … He can create his own shoot and score off the dribble from mid-range and has also a floater as a counter move … When he has time to gather he can finish strong at the rim… Improving 3-point shooter… He is already very good on Pick and Roll situations as the ball handler, because he shows patience and is always looking for the right choice … His body and physical tools are his biggest weapons on Defense … He has great lateral quickness which helps him stay in front of his man … When he is motivated on Defense he can be a lockdown defender … His length and athleticism help him make a lot of steals … Versatile defender with the potential to guard multiple positions in the future … He has a high upside…

Weaknesses:
He really needs to add some muscle to his body or else he could have problems at the next level … He hasn’t been tested at a senior level yet … His shooting release looks a little odd at times and that’s the main reason he isn’t a consistent shooter from long range yet … He needs to become more vocal and learn when he has to take over a game … At times he is too unselfish and too keen to pass the ball and as a result he looks passive … He must add some aggressiveness to his game … He has problems finishing through contact at the rim due to his thin body and at times he looks like he is even avoiding contact, settling for a mid-range shot … He has problems against physical game … He isn’t always focused on defense … At times he forgets to keep a low stance when he is guarding his opponent and as a result he can be crossed easily … He relies too much on his length to make steals when he gets crossed, which leads to bad fouls … He has problems defending the Pick and Roll, looking lost at times … Stronger players can post him up

Overall: Ntilikina is undoubtedly one of the best International players of his generation. His elite physical tools and feel for the game, combined with his high upside makes him a really intriguing prospect ... He is not NBA ready just yet, but he has all the tools to become a very good player in the future ...

This is off years of scouting his European play and showcases against players his own age, not off half a NBA season as a 19 year-old rookie. If you notice, not one of his weaknesses has anything to do with potentially not being able to play point at the next level.

Give Frank time before you write him off. We didn't draft Frank to be a 3 and D wing. We drafted him to be a PG and that's what he is. But it was never supposed to happen over night. He is a project with extremely high upside, nothing has changed in that regard. I keep saying it but give him time. And by time I don't mean another week or month I mean at least next season.

Back
Top Bottom