Official 2017-2018 Knicks season thread

Dude just had his mind made up from the jump

It all makes sense now

As long at DSJr. is hovering around 20/5/5 on 40% and 30% from 3 that'll be his man crush

Kyrie & Kemba are the protypical 'NYC PG's'

I don't know why it's so important to have a flashy guard, though. To sell tickets?

Last edited:
You don't understand what a NYC style PG is? Makes perfect sense.

Love how you go silent when you boy tallies 2 point 5 assists and 6 TOs in 2 games btw.
Frank been bad these past couple games
I ain't afraid to say it :lol:

Horny obviously ain't the coach for this team's development though

While in Dallas for example for have one of the best coaches in the league maximizing DSJr, we have a coach that's playing a 34 year old PG 30-40 minutes a night while giving a rookie who needs to develop 15-20 minutes

So ya know, different situations. Can't get better if he ain't in the game

I don't know why it's so important to have a flash guard, though. To sell tickets?
My point exactly

Dudes so enamored with our PG being on the Top 10 plays every night that it clouds them from what's needed

NYC Style PGs only work situationally. They never carry teams and that style never translates to wins

Kyrie by himself, no success
Kemba his whole career, no success
IT before the Celtics, no success

The only time I've ever seen a PG carry a subpar team to minimal success was Rose's MVP year

For success to be had with the NYC style PG you need so much more going on with the team

I don't know why it's so important to have a flash guard, though. To sell tickets?

Yes, they are.

And no...I just want to see a team that represents the city right for once.

A team that embodies the culture of the city, the mecca of basketball, that has always been known as a PG factory.

The same way Texas centers their football around their quarterback culture.

Grit, style and intelligence. A player that knows when to score and when to pass instinctively, cause they grew up playing pickup ball. Certain things you just can't teach or learn on the fly. That's what I've been trying to tell y'all. You can go on any court and watch teenagers play and be like "oh yea, he's got it. He's got that PG gene". Other players have the raw talent and physical potential to be great and can get better with time but certain intangible elements are just part of a players makeup since adolescence. It's about how you came up.

In this PG golden era especially, I wanted to see a dynamic guard paired with KP to run and gun with our run and gun coach.

This is the Steph Curry, Westbrook, Harden, Kyrie era. We had a good pick in a draft full of dynamic guards and picked a 1992 throwback Ron Harper style guard.

Last edited:
My point exactly

Dudes so enamored with our PG being on the Top 10 plays every night that it clouds them from what's needed

NYC Style PGs only work situationally. They never carry teams and that style never translates to wins

Kyrie by himself, no success
Kemba his whole career, no success
IT before the Celtics, no success

The only time I've ever seen a PG carry a subpar team to minimal success was Rose's MVP year

For success to be had with the NYC style PG you need so much more going on with the team

What do these hypotheticals have to do with this convo?

We're talking about a Knicks team that already had Porzingis.

He flourishes paired next to scoring perimeter players that can free him up to dominate offensively.

What do these hypotheticals have to do with this convo?

We're talking about a Knicks team that already have Porzingis.

He flourishes paired next to scoring perimeter players that can free him up to dominate offensively.
My point is, what makes you think a score first, pass second NYC style PG is going to maximize KP?

My point is, what makes you think a score first, pass second NYC style PG is going to maximize KP?

All this maximize KP talk.

How's that working out now?

How about when he keeps carrying the team on his back and starts breaking down mentally and physically, like we're already seeing signs of?

The numbers show that his talent is maximized when he has another scoring threat or decoy next to him to keep defenses honest. He's 7'3" he gets position wherever he wants on the floor. It's about other threats opening up the spacing for him and preventing double teams.

Y'all have been applauding that Frank is not that good, so he won't take away from KP's growth and touches, which is insane :lol:

This is the superteam, PG era. You need the best players at each position possible. It's a team game. It's not all about KP.

NO has AD and Boogie and still stink with no competent PG.

Took Butler on the perimeter to help round out KAT's contributions. etc

GSW, Boston, Houston. Stacked with dynamic athletic talent and they revolve around guard play. Coincidence they're the best teams in the league? Kyrie leaves the Cavs and even with the best player of his generation there, they fall off a cliff. Coincidence?

Y'all are just diehard Knicks fan, which is cool. I'm a student of the game and don't like what I see.

Last edited:
All this maximize KP talk.

How's that working out now?

How about when he keeps carrying the team on his back and starts breaking down mentally and physically, like we're already seeing signs of?

The numbers show that his talent is maximized when he has another scoring threat or decoy next to him to keep defenses honest. He's 7'3" he gets position wherever he wants on the floor. It's about other threats opening up the spacing for him and preventing double teams.

Y'all have been applauding that Frank is not that good, so he won't take away from KP's growth and touches, which is insane :lol:

This is the superteam, PG era. You need the best players at each position possible. It's a team game. It's not all about KP.

NO has AD and Boogie and still stink with no competent PG.

Took Butler on the perimeter to help round out KAT's contributions. etc

GSW, Boston, Houston. Stacked with dynamic athletic talent and they revolve around guard play.
I get what you're saying and maybe down the road it'll become clear that KP shouldn't be a #1 but for the time being, in this rebuild, he is
There are no young or above average PGs on the market now or the future that I anticipate coming here and we don't have the draft position to draft an apparent difference maker

I'm high on Frank because I think he was exactly what we need now and down the road with KP as our 1
An excellent defender with a pass first mindset that has what seems to be a really smooth jumper when he decides to take it
Him shooting more is an issue that I think will be fixed
He's shown flashes of penetration skills but lacks either the confidence or situational IQ to know when to do so

Both of those issues are very fixable in a 19 year old

You claim you're a student of the game but you're giving up on a kid whose 19. Guess what Franks a student too. Let him be, if he's still trash in 3 years bash him all you want. That's the problem with fans like you, zero patience.

And we do have a team that embodies NYC. NYC not the rugged thug life 90s **** we grew up on. We have a French, a Latvian, some a Spaniards, a guy from Jamaica Queens. This team represents the city perfectly. Just needs more talent.

You used New Orleans as an example. They have a washed Rondo and a respectable Jrue Holiday. Their PG play is much better than ours. Yet they're still trash.

Plus you're comparing DSJ or whoever you wanted us to draft to the likes of CP3, Curry, Kyrie, the list goes on. These are all time great players, premature comparisons.

Serious question, are you a fan of the Knicks? Or do you only plan on becoming a fan once we're actually good?

yall only mention dsj like we aint pass on donovan mitchell too :rolleyes honestly think frank gon be alright (george hill type ceiling?) but when we had a chance to draft a dynamic scoring guard to pair with KP (mitchell, monk, dsj) its kinda hard to look past that. On top of the fact it was a PJAX pick who ended up getting fired a week later. Yall really think perry would've picked frank?

KP clearly needs scorers around him to be successful, he isnt the type to create his own shot every possession.

**i know malik monk hasnt done much, but i think he woulda been a good fit here. His ability to score + the garden + our need for people to SHOOT. Just seemed ideal

horny sucks as a coach but the players are just not playing well period... KP missed both free throws twice in the bulls game... that alone cost us the game

Beasley may go back to the occasional DNP which kinda sounds strange now. I pegged him as out of the rotation by December and that could have been the case if Jr didn't get hurt, but now idk how you give him the same sporadic minutes as before.
You don't.

Stop playing Jack, limit Lee's minutes.

Back
Top Bottom