Official 2017-2018 Knicks season thread

Bro Giannis couldnt make first team all-rookie in a season where he played for a tanking/worst team in the NBA Bucks and MCW won ROY and even Trey Burke made first-team all-rookie. Trey Burke! The one currently lighting up the Westchester County Center on a nightly basis. :lol:

Dirk was another Euro who sucked in his rookie season in a similar amount of minutes to what Giannis saw and Frank is seeing on another terrible team. Dude shot 20% from 3. We're talking about possibly the greatest outside shooting big man of all time here. He didnt make an all-rookie team that season while dudes like Matt Harpring, Michael Olowakandi, Michael Doleac, and Michael Dickerson did.

And like I said, it's not like Dirk/Giannis were held back behind these guys because they were bench warmers on good teams or something. They both had every opportunity to succeed as rookies on awful teams. They just were not as NBA ready as Trey Burke or Matt Harpring and everybody else that I mentioned.

Look at this list if you want to see just how fluky rookie seasons can be and how much of a crapshoot draft classes are until at least after year 2. Not 20 games into year 1. http://www.nba.com/history/awards/all-rookie-team#/

Again, I dont think Dennis Smith Jr. is the 2nd coming of Trey Burke. And it's totally ok to be skeptical of Frank. But just think about these things before you write him off. After Mavs fans watched Dirk shoot 20% from 3 as a rookie I'm sure many of them thought Dirk had never shot a ball before coming to the League and they traded the well-known Robert "Tractor" Traylor to get him. Worked out pretty well in the long run.

That's where you're goofing

Your comparing Frank's first 20 games to KP's
Not only is it silly because they play 2 completely different positions that require different things, but like nick. nick. said, KP was a huuuuuuggggeeee exception

When's the last time a euro 20 years old or younger has had significant impact? Euros in general come in young and everyone should know the deal with them by now
There's always a learning curve

KP came into his rookie season with literally ZERO expectations so of course when he preformed we were all blown away way more than we would've been if he was a regular american born one and done college kid

Even though Frank might not've came into the year with the highest expectations, Knick fans for whatever reason are expecting way more outta Frank than they ever did from KP his first year and at the hardest position in the game

I'm not comparing him to KP tho, I'm comparing him to every player I've ever seen play or that I've played against before.

I only brought up KP to show that I've been wrong about players but once I've seen what they're capable of, I quickly changed my opinion.

No one is expecting the kid to average a double double and lead the Knicks to the ECF at 19 but you can see what dudes are made of in their rookie year, Euro or not. As reggie as Rubio is he showed flashes of brilliance his rookie year, Dirk was trash early but you still saw a 7 footer that could get his shot off whenever, Giannis was trash but he was a freak of nature. Luca Doncic is an 18 year old Euro and he looks absolutely amazing. Frank is showing flashes of a journeyman, in this current NBA landscape.

I don't see anything that justifies a top 10 pick. He looks like a PJ Tucker, Raja Bell type cheap contract perimeter harasser that you bring off the bench for some stops and take them out once they start becoming a liability on the other end.

That's just my opinion tho.

I'm not comparing him to KP tho, I'm comparing him to every player I've ever seen play or that I've played against before.

I only brought up KP to show that I've been wrong about players but once I've seen what they're capable of, I quickly changed my opinion.

No one is expecting the kid to average a double double and lead the Knicks to the ECF at 19 but you can see what dudes are made of in their rookie year, Euro or not. As reggie as Rubio is he showed flashes of brilliance his rookie year, Dirk was trash early but you still saw a 7 footer that could get his shot off whenever, Giannis was trash but he was a freak of nature. Luca Doncic is an 18 year old Euro and he looks absolutely amazing. Frank is showing flashes of a journeyman, in this current NBA landscape.

I don't see anything that justifies a top 10 pick. He looks like a PJ Tucker, Raja Bell type cheap contract perimeter harasser that you bring off the bench for some stops and take them out once they start becoming a liability on the other end.

That's just my opinion tho.
Agree to disagree

Only time will tell for sure

My thing with Frank is that besides for a couple of bounce passes, he has shown ZERO potential. He has not improved AT ALL since game 1.

With that said, I still wont write him off until he plays a 30+ min game with KP on the floor.

Man it sounds like THJr is going to be out for at least a couple of weeks. KP is probable to come back tonight, but has anyone heard any details about his health status? Might be a good time to start thinking about that surgery...

Damn all food and merchandise 30% off from 6-7pm today at the garden. Perfect time to scoop a hoodie or jersey if you're nearby

Yeah I’m gonna need Dolan to be more involved with Weinstein. Get him the **** outta here. Mills too.

im not even expecting frank to put up big numbers because hes not that guy... 1 thing he got going for him is hes a decent defender... but so was shump but at least he was athletic frank dont even have that... its a problem if you cant dribble up the court and always needing a screen... heck he cant even pass it leads to a turnover majority of the time... he cant even penetrate to the basket... its only like 20 games in the season but frank hasnt shown anything... at least with KP rookie year he got better during the season

No idea that Tyreke Evans putting up 17/4/5 this season

What a steal pickup

Back
Top Bottom