Official 2017-2018 Knicks season thread

Get Pookie out. Please.

Almost had me rooting for him when he hit a buzzer beater for me in 2k. :smh:

This is why I defend Melo, bc of all the ignorant "fans" and media sources that don't know him for ****, but will trash his name. FOH.

Yeah man they’ve painted such a ****** picture of him over the years and ppl just eat that **** up. Smh

Our #1 goal should be to move Noah. Package him, KOQ, and that 2nd rounder we just got for damn near anyone else.

Noah's contract is impossible to move unless we include a pick. He's pretty much our only legit veteran and can guide the younger bigs so he'll be a knick.

The plan is to build around KP, THJ, Frank, and Willy. Then have a **** ton of cap space in 2020.

Lineup prediction

Willy - Kanter / Noah
KP - KOQ / Kornet
THJR - Kuz / Mcdermott
CLee - Beasley / Baker / Dotson
FrankNT - JJack / Sessions

Jeff Hornacek says associate head coach Kurt Rambis won’t run Knicks defense this season
knicks-magic-basketball.jpg

(PHELAN M. EBENHACK/AP)
STEFAN BONDY
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Wednesday, September 27, 2017, 3:10 PM
Kurt Rambis is no longer the lone voice of the defense.

After his defense devolved into shameful last season, Jeff Hornacek said the coaching staff will teach as a group this time around, rather than Rambis serving as the "one voice," as he was described.

"We've worked all summer — all of us — on how we want to do things. And we want to tell guys, 'Hey, if you have a question on defense, ask these three guys or ask me,'" Hornacek said. "Offensively, it's a couple of guys or ask me. We've got a good balance of guys that are working with different positions too. So it's kind of everybody."

The Knicks were jumbled defensively at the start of last season and, as a result, Hornacek promoted Rambis to defensive coordinator after just six games. In other words, players and assistant coaches reported to Rambis about any defensive concerns.

It was not a successful reign, as New York's defense tumbled to 24th in the NBA by allowing 108 points per game.

Hornacek brought back the same coaching staff as last season, minus assistant Josh Longstaff. Rambis still holds title of associate head coach, but apparently will not take over the defense.

"We, I, put him in that position last year. We started the season that way, a certain way and then we tried to change and it was too difficult," Hornacek said, acknowledging it as an issue for the first time. "But we had a summer of working on it and talking and meetings so we're not changing midseason any more."

I'm surprised Darrell is such a bad defensive coach considering that defense primarily defined his career...

Send Rambis, Pookie, Noah, and Mills outta here. I’ll take the rights to whoever for that deal.

Frank Ntilikina looks like a ‘young Kyrie Irving’: Knicks mentor
Knicks veteran point guard Ramon Sessions is here as rookie Frank Ntilikina’s mentor and is already raising the stakes on the 19-year-old’s potential.

Sessions already sees some Kyrie Irving in Ntilikina, the 6-5 point guard from France whom the Knicks drafted with the No. 8 pick in the 2017 draft.

Signed for the $2.3 million veteran’s minimum in August, Sessions, 32, played with Irving when he was a Cavaliers rookie. He also played with a young Johnny Flynn in Minnesota. Flynn turned into a bust.

“It’s funny,’’ Sessions said in his first remarks since signing with the Knicks. “It’s one of those things. I played with Johnny when he was younger. Kyrie when he was young. He’s got a lot of Kyrie tendencies. Not the most athletic guy but can handle the ball in tight spots. It’s still early on, but he definitely gives me that Kyrie feel when Kyrie was a rookie. “

Ntilikina was thrilled to hear Sessions’ comment. A lot of his peers have overlooked the European because they haven’t seen him play in the French League, where he made the Finals for Strasbourg. In the poll of NBA rookies, he didn’t garner one vote for any category. Ntilikina also missed the summer league with a knee injury sustained in the French finals.

“Kyrie is Kyrie,’’ Ntilikina told The Post. “That’s something. He’s an All-Star, has done crazy things. Hearing that is a blessing. Ramon is here for me. Giving me a lot of advice. I’m learning a lot from him.”

SEE ALSO
upload_2017-9-27_17-45-29.gif
Frank Ntilikina knows weakness: 'I've been working on my body'

Sessions missed a lot of the voluntary workouts and is joined by Jarrett Jack to share the mentor role. Any of the trio could wind up starting opening night Oct. 19 against Carmelo Anthony’s Thunder.

“It’s great for the young fella to take all the experience around him,’’ Sessions said.

Hornacek likes how Ntilikina is accessing the knowledge of the two veteran point guards.

“Frank’s like a sponge,’’ Hornacek said. “He’s asking these guys constantly. I even talked to him today about, hey, when you’re going through stuff don’t just look at it from the point guard spot, look at it from the two or the three spot. He says, “oh I’ve already been doing that. So he’s a very smart player but any veteran leadership that they give to him, he’s soaking it all in.’’

Sessions had his career-worst season in 2016-17 with Charlotte, his play dipping and then ending with knee surgery. He played in just 50 games and has been a backup much of his career. However, at least at the beginning, Sessions could wind up as the starter.

“The opportunity is there,’’ Sessions said.

We finally sign Ramon ‘Mutual Interest’ Sessions & he goes off the rails during his first interview :smh::smh:

Back
Top Bottom