Official 2017-2018 Knicks season thread

Na he wont be the scapegoat, atleast not yet. Fans know not to have high expectations for this team the way it's currently constructed.

If we're not a playoff team in 2 years with him as the #1 option thats when fans will turn on him.

Wait, we gotta 0 and 00?!?! These dumb ****s, let's add another 0 and make it 0-82 this season.

Feels great to have a defensive minded PG with a 3pt shot.

Just looking at our previous PGs (felton, calderon, larkin, rose, etc) no wonder we sucked ***. Its laughable that outside a 40 year old Kidd and Prigioni, Jeremy Lin was our best PG in the last 10 years.

This team is pretty balanced in terms of overall positions. We have guys who can address some needs but of course we're missing that one star. Even if Kristaps improves on a similar level to what Giannis did last year, one guy won't cut it in today's NBA. Bucks at least have Jabari who's a great player.

I can see Timmy being a real solid part of the team but even with the team growing together over the next few seasons, they won't be contenders unless we get some help for Kristaps.

I’m sure KP will develop. Seems like all the focus is on his growth. More concerned with Billy and Little Bill.

There was one thing that happened last season that I’ll never forget: Remember when we were in L.A., and after the game, we were sitting at the back of the team bus cracking jokes? One of our young players — I won’t even put him on blast by giving his name — called you out. He said he could take you one-on-one.

You just nodded with a smile, and you told him, “Alright. If that’s what you want, that’s what you gonna get.”

So the next day, we have a good practice, and at the end I start hyping things up saying, “Alright Mel, what’s up? Watchu gonna do? He called you out!” And you look at me and say, “Come here and watch what I do to this boy.”

Now all the guys kind of line up around the court in anticipation. Everybody’s getting into it and we’re all pretty hyped.

You guys start playing, and from the jump you just put on a clinic. Like you’re pulling out all these unbelievable moves and making shots from wherever you want on the court. It was Hoodie Melo times 10. And the whole time, you had that same grin on your face.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/lance-thomas-carmelo-anthony-thank-you-letter/

That was a good read. Players respecting him was never out of the question. Except I remember Amare and Tyson had some words once.

I'll bet it was Black Ron that called Melo out. Story woulda been better if pookie named names tho. My first guess was Jennings but he ain't young :lol:

Back
Top Bottom