Official 2017-2018 Knicks season thread

Knicks have too many PGs who all do the same ****, more or less.

Frank is the future, Jack is his mentor/the starter, Baker is worthless but has a NTC, Sessions is just worthless extra weight on this team. He shouldn't be the guy the Knicks are forced to replace Jack with when Frank plays like **** like he did last night.

Cut Sessions' no pill taking ***, send Baker to the G-League and call up Trey Burke as our 3rd PG. At least he's a change of pace from what we currently have on this roster, and I still believe in his potential to at least be a decent rotational player in this League... Alot more than I believe in Baker.

Honestly Trey Burke is younger than McDermott and he has done nothing to really deserve being out of the League while Doug is a rotation player up until this point in their careers, and Doug has been a pleasant surprise for us obviously.

He's had some shooting issues sure, but many young PGs do. Last year he had his worst overall numbers in his NBA career in his lowest amount of minutes but he shot the ball 46% and 44% from 3. You combine that with his 13 PPG, 6 APG numbers from when he was a rookie and you have a guy who could be a solid role player entering the prime years of his career.

IMO he can be decent when given minutes and is quick/shifty enough to provide this team with a much needed change of pace when called upon, unlike Sessions or Baker.

Hey, if Shane Larkin can find a decent role on the Celtics :lol:

Last edited:
I don't think you want to see Trey Burke on the big stage, man. He is REAL bad. It takes a lot to be out of the league this fast when you get drafted in the top 10. I am not a fan of his game at all, beyond the stats even (which are not good).

We're lucky that Jack has stepped up his game so much this year.

Dead ***, I think we won that Melo trade.

And not by a little.

Kanter isn't the turnstile defensively as advertised. And McBuckets is hungry.

KP & Frank gotta step it up again.

We essentially gave up an inconsistent, sometimes inefficient 25 a night for a fairly consistent, efficient 30+ a night combined. Neither is much threat to go off like Melo was on any given night, but I agree. They're not bums. They came ready to play and something about those MSG lights brings out the fire in some guys

I don't think you want to see Trey Burke on the big stage, man. He is REAL bad. It takes a lot to be out of the league this fast when you get drafted in the top 10. I am not a fan of his game at all, beyond the stats even (which are not good).

We're lucky that Jack has stepped up his game so much this year.
We would be asking him to be our 3rd string PG. There have been many other cases of high draft picks not living up to the hype but settling into smaller roles pretty nicely. He just turned 25.

We would be asking him to be our 3rd string PG. There have been many other cases of high draft picks not living up to the hype but settling into smaller roles pretty nicely. He just turned 25.

You aren't wrong in general but dude is so small though... Like what's his main skill that will make him worth putting on the floor? Because you know he isn't going to be able to check anybody.

You aren't wrong in general but dude is so small though... Like what's his main skill that will make him worth putting on the floor? Because you know he isn't going to be able to check anybody.
Being a quick, shifty guard who can change the pace up and penetrate unlike Sessions.

Being a quick, shifty guard who can change the pace up and penetrate unlike Sessions.

Well Sessions is the lowest common denominator. But being a small guard who isn't a good playmaker, isn't a good shooter, can't defend, but can sometimes score inside is IMO not a recipe for success in the NBA. Just not a Burke fan.

Maybe you're right that if we need a third guard they should try him over Sessions but I am not too optimistic.

Well Sessions is the lowest common denominator. But being a small guard who isn't a good playmaker, isn't a good shooter, can't defend, but can sometimes score inside is IMO not a recipe for success in the NBA. Just not a Burke fan.

Maybe you're right that if we need a third guard they should try him over Sessions but I am not too optimistic.
Yeah I dont love Burke either, just think he is a better option for our 3rd string PG than Sessions/Baker.... Not saying much :lol:

You right my g. Firsts with potential talent > fully actualized talent and winning.

You're probably right though, i'm just being purposely obtuse sports fan.

Last edited:
You right my g. Firsts with potential talent > fully actualized talent and winning.

A team with Kyrie and Porzingis and literally nothing else is not winning anything. Didn't we just do this?

You do realize Boston built their team by stockpiling assets and high draft picks, right?

You sound like James Dolan.

A team with Kyrie and Porzingis and literally nothing else is not winning anything. Didn't we just do this?

You do realize Boston built their team by stockpiling assets and high draft picks, right?

You sound like James Dolan.

i have to agree. as cool as it would be with Kyrie here, Boston is a much better team overall. they also have a great coach with a system that has been in place for a few years now. Jaylen Brown and Tatum are future all-stars. Smart and Baynes are good defenders and they play tough. Al is Al. Morris is solid, and they also have Rozier. i'm not saying we wouldn't win more games with Kyrie, but we damn sure wouldn't be the best team in the league.

i'd rather have Jennings back than Burke or Sessions

I always expected more out of Jennings than he gave on the Knicks. Really thought he would be an ok starter. Very disappointing. He might be better than Sessions though.

I think he wanted out by the end anyways.

I always expected more out of Jennings than he gave on the Knicks. Really thought he would be an ok starter. Very disappointing. He might be better than Sessions though.

I think he wanted out by the end anyways.

I feel like Jennings could be better in this change of offense that we run now instead of the full on forcing of the triangle.

Back
Top Bottom