Official 2016 Boxing Thread: 11/5/2016 - Vargas/Pacquiao Top Rank PPV.

Unless you're 60+ or something, how can you really have that?

Lol
And the Tarver fights are greatly appreciated

RJJ in his prime would outpoint GGG. No way he risks a KO. I don't know that RJJ was the best boxer ever, but he's among the most athletic ever.

BoxingScene.com ‏@boxingscene  10h10 hours ago
Golovkin-Jacobs A Realistic Possibility For December 10 On HBO http://dlvr.it/MJht1H  #boxing
HBO's got some extra bread now since Canelita pulled out of his fight in December. 

Chocolatito-Cuadras 2 as the UC would be 
pimp.gif

Alex Iwamatsu ‏@ONEOFJAPAN  5h5 hours ago
WBO & IBF 115lb unification fight!
Naoya Inoue vs.Jerwin Ancajas on Dec 30.
#boxing #boxeo

Last edited:
You think chocolotito can get that W again tho??

How will ggg jacobs work tho if they fight on 2 different networks

Saw that too. Oscar playing the lowball game to put the blame on Golovkin's team while protecting his cash cow.

At least there are negotiations going on, which is a good thing.

I don't know if it was a lowball offer, but it was a flat fee. Loeffler wants a percentage, not flat fee.

Loeffler is quoted saying that flat fees are for fighters who are clearly B sides. Whether GGG is a better fighter is irrelevant, he is clearly the B side promotionally in this fight though, he needs to accept that.

“A flat fee for a fight is usually given to a fighter or contender who’s clearly the ‘B’ side,” Loeffler told The Times. “My offer back to [Golden Boy] was based on a percentage, just like we saw in the Floyd Mayweather-Manny Pacquiao agreement.”

GGG isn't anywhere close to Pac in terms of draw, they're going to price themselves out. Canelo only got 12 for fighting Mayweather, so I think 10 for GGG is fair.

Last edited:
You think chocolotito can get that W again tho??

How will ggg jacobs work tho if they fight on 2 different networks
He said he wants that rematch over the JFE one.  I thought Cuadras had a chance to stop him late if he pressed the issue, so the second fight should be more entertaining if he tries to stop Chocolatito.  I'd still pick Chocolatito by decision, and IMO he won the first fight. 

Jacob's doesn't have a SHO deal, GGG is the only one who has a exclusivity deal with a network.  Jacobs can fight on any network he wants like most if not all Haymon fighters outside of Floyd. 

Lance Pugmire ‏@latimespugmire  41m41 minutes ago
Early returns on satellite trends show the @Canelo @LiamBeefySmith fight is in the 290k-310k range for PPV buys, about 600k less than Cotto.

Lance Pugmire ‏@latimespugmire  16m16 minutes ago
Numbers, interpreted by source, indicate the mainstream/crossover crowd wasn't there for @Canelo.
That teat is starting to run dry.  

Hearn said GGG-Brook did 400k in the UK. 

Last edited:
Figured Kell would do good #'s UK.

I don't know why him and Amir don't just do this already and both get a nice check out of it.

Lance Pugmire ‏@latimespugmire  41m41 minutes ago

Early returns on satellite trends show the @Canelo @LiamBeefySmith fight is in the 290k-310k range for PPV buys, about 600k less than Cotto.

Lance Pugmire ‏@latimespugmire  16m16 minutes ago

Numbers, interpreted by source, indicate the mainstream/crossover crowd wasn't there for @Canelo.

That teat is starting to run dry.  

Hearn said GGG-Brook did 400k in the UK. 

GGG/Lemieux did 90k buys on PPV

That 90k is from Glaser.  If you believe that then you have to believe his other BS numbers. 

While the attendance was more than 51,000, the $64.95 pay-per-view price and disappointment over Alvarez not fighting unbeaten middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin triggered a mass defection.

In November, Alvarez’s unanimous-decision victory over Puerto Rico’s four-division champion Miguel Cotto drew 900,000 buys. Around 500,000 bought Alvarez’s May knockout of British welterweight Amir Khan.

Yet, industry sources claim with satellite figures in and early cable companies reporting, the Alvarez-Smith fight should finish with between 250,000 and 300,000 buys.

The tone from executives at competing promotions Thursday was that Alvarez and his promoter, Oscar De La Hoya, did themselves a great disservice by indicating Alvarez was fighting Golovkin following the Khan triumph.
update

http://www.latimes.com/la-sp-sn-box...-per-view-buys-smith-20160922-snap-story.html

So it did about 275k give or take. 

Last edited:
Their 300k cash cow lmao. It's like I said before there's no point in protecting him. Even if he gets his *** knocked out by GGG, he'll still be bringing in these type of buyrates and he'll probably be more respected by the public too

So de la hoya has more power over canelos decision to vacate or not huh

Last edited:
There is honesty no other fight that would get as many buys right now and De La Joto is still trying to play games.

Back
Top Bottom