Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't tell if Dario is the goods or if he is Ilyasova 2.0

Um...Dario is better than Ilyasova right now at every single thing in basketball besides drawing charges. He makes it so hard to tank cause he's so good at everything, makes everyone better when he's on the floor and he just goes all out all the time. He's just a winning type of player. Perfect Philly player.

As long as LMA is on the team, they're not gonna flourish when it really counts

I feel like every time I see the SAS play on national TV LMA is always missing that midrange jumper. How has he panned out for the Spurs these past few years?

LMA is just extremely one dimensional. Never thought he was a great fit for SAS because he hates the paint so much, thought they should've chased Millsap that same offseason over him.

C6ECdSYWAAARDvj.jpg

ATL is such a joke.
Cavs though, man they have some real issues on defense.

While I do think it's hard to turn defense off and on when you want, I feel like Cavs can tighten up with sheer want to.

I also think their defensive issues right now come from Lue.
He has to be able to take Lebron out of the game when he wants not when Lebron wants.

Rotations aren't above Lebron but somehow I believe Lebron chooses when he comes out and goes in, and when he needs a break and doesn't come out, it's detrimental to Cavs overall defense.

ATL should have been sitting their players the entire 4th like they normally do when down 20 going into the 4th but instead, you have Lebron over 30min going into the 4th and a resurgent Hawks team on their way back into the game.

No way they should have been in that game.

Last edited:
Wow. I didn't realize til now that in the draft day trade of Elfrid Peyton for Dario Saric that the other pieces were a 2015 2nd round pick that turned into Richaun Holmes and our 2017 1st rounder back that we traded to the Magic in the Bynum deal. We wouldn't even have a 1st round pick in this draft if it wasn't for that trade.

Hinkie = Nostradamus

Nothing can be done. There are two obvious answers to make the ASG more competitive both of which would anger people.

Make it decide Finals Home Court? Anger people.

Huge cash bonus for the winning team (1-2MM per player coaching staff)? Anger people.

It's a nonsense basketball game. One day the players were going to wake up and realize that.

Nothing can be done. There are two obvious answers to make the ASG more competitive both of which would anger people.

Huge cash bonus for the winning team (1-2MM per player coaching staff)? Anger people.

It's a nonsense basketball game. One day the players were going to wake up and realize that.
It's not just the players though. It's the casual fan that they are trying to attract and keep.

it's disappointing. it's supposed to be a showcase for the fans.

my pickup games are more competitive and more well-played than the ASG.

how about option 3: force every contract to have an ASG clause. if selected, you must play. 10% of your salary is dependent on your performance in the ASG. there will be a panel of judges who will rate you based on effort, including paying D, hustling after loose balls, moving on offense without the ball, etc.

of course this would never happen but it's sad that these are actual solutions we're restoring to.

It's not just the players though. It's the casual fan that they are trying to attract and keep.
True. I've stopped caring about them, they know nothing. Just like last week when I said I heard someone say that "Porzingis is leaving NY soon". I know it's the reality that they're the demographic that matters the most though.

it's disappointing. it's supposed to be a showcase for the fans.

my pickup games are more competitive and more well-played than the ASG.

how about option 3: force every contract to have an ASG clause. if selected, you must play. 10% of your salary is dependent on your performance in the ASG. there will be a panel of judges who will rate you based on effort, including paying D, hustling after loose balls, moving on offense without the ball, etc.

of course this would never happen but it's sad that these are actual solutions we're restoring to.
I like this idea but then people will cry bias for grades. What if someone has an off night? Etc etc.

I think it's also another reason why the NBA has invested into fantasy. A number of people who could care less about Basketball are into it now cause of fantasy purposes and have gone beyond watching it just for fantasy to actually watching games for entertainment.

I think it's also another reason why the NBA has invested into fantasy. A number of people who could care less about Basketball are into it now cause of fantasy purposes and have gone beyond watching it just for fantasy to actually watching games for entertainment.

Absolutely.

This happens with every sport but NBA in particular is different because the amount of math/frequency is only rivaled by MLB.

that's a freak accident bro...
I don't recall anyone ever getting seriously injured in an all-star game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom