Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kantner really fractured his forearm punching a padded chair and is about to miss 2 months? Was hoping to trade him for Wes Matthews or something (pipe dream I know)

Kantner really fractured his forearm punching a padded chair and is about to miss 2 months? Was hoping to trade him for Wes Matthews or something (pipe dream I know)

a_friend gonna be pissed, but also probably not surprised lol.

Wilt averaging 50?

The problem with breaking NBA records is that so many records have such extreme outliers and will never be duplicated because of the circumstances surrounding them (mostly, pace of the game and lack of defensive and offensive philosophies).

It makes perfect sense that the three-point records would start falling in the last few seasons, because of when the shot was introduced, how long it took to catch on (a decade), how inefficiently it was used for 15-20 years, etc.

Meanwhile, Scott Skiles' 30 assists in a single game happened because it was against the 1991 Nuggets, who never played defense and gave up 135 points per game. It was basically a 1960s-style team plugged into the early '90s. Hence, why so many "unbreakable" records are from the 1960s.

I don't think either record will be broken, but at least Steph's seems feasible. Skiles? Nope.

Well, he fractured his forearm because he missed the chair with his fist. Makes it a little bit funnier.

nope
pimp.gif

a_friend gonna be pissed
nope
pimp.gif

He'll be getting nursed during that Trade Deadline 

lakers looking better with no d'lo or julius.

against the #1 d in the L

conincidence? nope.

I need a Thunder fan to explain to why I'm not allowed to buy a ticket to a regular season game at Chesapeake unless I live in a neighboring state (or Oklahoma).

Having no Kanter for 2 months is going to kill the 2nd unit's production.

Billy will probably let Dipo and Payne run the offense though them more to try to replace Kanter's scoring.

Billy will probably let Dipo and Payne run the offense though them more to try to replace Kanter's scoring.

Need bench scoring? Y'all can have Lou Williams.

Time for Carl/Cameron Payne to shine

I go back and forth with Brandon Ingram

On one hand, he does show "flashes" at times, and he obviously has tools to be a player on both sides of the ball.

On the other hand, he has a PER of 7.5, and is on track to be one of the worst shooters ever from deep, like not just as a rookie, period. And he gets a ton of run. (Worst plus / minus in the entire league) I don't know if there's ever been a "star" player / cornerstone of a franchise who's rookie season statistically, has been this bad. 

I legit don't know what to make of BI 50 games in.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom