Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The amount of respect the Cavs and Spurs have for each other vs the Warriors is
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Spurs respect the Warriors, it's the Cavs that act like *******.
Nah he's saying Cavs respecting Spurs but they don't have the same Love for GSW. 

Man this debate is a back and forth for me, and I still end up giving the Crown back to Lebron.

Lebron doesn't have the skillset that KD does, but KD doesn't have the knowledge, composure or Leadership that Lebron has. Lebron is still #1. 
I think KD just lacks the fire and intensity. He can get focused as hell, but I think mentally he doesn't go into "killer instinct" mode. He will reach that state though in the playoffs since he has a good cast to support him. Even Lebron needed people to back him.

Cousins, on the controversial whistle:

"They made the absolute right call. Incredible job by the referee crew tonight. I don't have a complaint in the world. I think they should get more recognition for how well they ref these gms. I don't think they get the credit they deserve. Kudos to them. I applaud. [The refs] controlled the game perfectly tonight. Did a great job. I don't have a complaint."

:lol: :lol:

Last edited:

And I started out the Season giving GObert the best Center title, but ........

It's not too soon already, Embiid is the best Center in the League. 
In another year it won't be debatable, but I don't need to wait a year, it's very clear right now, to me.

Embiid > Everyone Else
Yup. People will have a hard time admitting this right now, but I don't know how the hell somebody can actually say that Gobert is better than Embiid. Like...at what? Having a longer wingspan?
Even with Gobert, it wasn't until game 6 or 7 of the Season that I was backing him as the best C "right now" in the NBA.

Now keep in mind, this was with Favors out and Gobert was working not only the Defensive end but he was and IS very polished on the Offensive end as well.

He's not just defense, and even with Favors back and them not really NEEDING his offense, man he is still eating and getting his shots.

He's definitely more than just Defense but..........he's not the same kind of Center that Embiid is.

Phila is literally a formidable opponent and can beat or play with ANY team, with Embiid on the floor, without him they are awful all around. 

It's not even close to me when I have to chose between Embiid and anybody, much less just Embiiid and Gobert.

Last edited:
Well when you compare Kat and Embiid, Embiid does everything Kat does except run the floor with the ball (though he could probably make a go at that too) but what Embiid does on the defensive end far outweighs Kat being able to lead a break, because to be quite frank, Kat can't guard at anyone.

Last edited:
Well when you compare Kat and Embiid, Embiid does everything Kat does except run the floor with the ball (though he could probably make a go at that too) but what Embiid does on the defensive end far outweighs Kat being able to lead a break, because to be quite frank, Kat can't guard at anyone.
Yup Deandre went off on him

I can agree with this
I feel like everyone turned on KAT this year though :lol:

My Spurs came through.  Although some of their defensive lapses, especially on the PnR was appalling.  Seriously just frustrating.. you damn right yell at your teammate and communicate how y'all gonna defend it.  

Y'all can debate about MVP's, elite scorers etc.. IDGAF  I'm just happy Kawhi's taking over and starting to carry the team.  It's just another sweet evolution in his game.

Murray announcing his potential.. dude's going to be a great back-up towards the end of the season and next year too! As long as he's focused he's going to be great. 

Anderson with so many intangibles, as with Lee and well, hate it or love it, Ginobili is a 39yr old who's smarter than 97% of people in the league.  

Spurs basketball.. hate it or love.  No one cares who scores 20-30-40 points, it's all about team execution and checking your ego at the door for the betterment of the team.  

pimp.gif

My Spurs came through.  Although some of their defensive lapses, especially on the PnR was appalling.  Seriously just frustrating.. you damn right yell at your teammate and communicate how y'all gonna defend it.  

Y'all can debate about MVP's, elite scorers etc.. IDGAF  I'm just happy Kawhi's taking over and starting to carry the team.  It's just another sweet evolution in his game.

Murray announcing his potential.. dude's going to be a great back-up towards the end of the season and next year too! As long as he's focused he's going to be great. 

Anderson with so many intangibles, as with Lee and well, hate it or love it, Ginobili is a 39yr old who's smarter than 97% of people in the league.  

Spurs basketball.. hate it or love.  No one cares who scores 20-30-40 points, it's all about team execution and checking your ego at the door for the betterment of the team.  

:pimp:
97% huh? :rofl:

Any LeBron fans (like me) ready to give KD the torch? **** just looks effortless for him and his all around game is on display playing in GS..

Gonna try not to hold on too long like Kobe fans did when it was LeBrons time :lol:
Nah he too beta

Left Westbrook 1 possession from the finals to the historically great team that beat him

I can agree with this
I feel like everyone turned on KAT this year though :lol:
That they have :lol:

Gonna be sad when they start turning on jojo :smh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom