Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It all depends on the pace the Sixers end up playing at once Simmons gets integrated. Embiid could very well have the same numbers and a higher efficiency.

I want to know how much Embiid's extension will be if he gets ROY and All-Star spot this year. :lol:

I'm not well versed in analytics but to me ts% just means you're a good free throw shooter. Take away the formula and he's shooting below 40% from all over the floor. But with a ti-83 and free throws that's considered good

man embiid just embracing it all in

we live in a social media era which hes capitalizing off of. Clowns around but yet still puts his heart and soul out there on the court at all times.

maybe cause im a homer but i don't consider him doing anything cheesy. As long as he continues showing up every night on the court, keep doing you fam 

Exactly.

How you going to hate on a kid who's obviously enjoying his path to superstardom in a genuine way?

There's enough cookie cutter boring *** players in the league and in professional sports in general, I appreciate guys with more personality like him.

8. The Enes Kanter predatory double test

Some double-teams are panicked -- the emergency response to a post-up brute measuring a mismatch. Some are predatory. Smart teams send doubles at bad passers just to force them into passing under pressure, with cutters and defenders flying around a shifting floor. It's a fun little bet: We'll risk leaving someone open, because we think you'll probably pass to the wrong guy -- or throw the ball into the crowd.

Kanter has long been among the league's favorite bits of double-team prey. He has never averaged even one assist per game. He has often spotted an open cutter a beat too late, just as the defense closed a passing lane. Fans sitting across the floor from Kanter have risked beer-in-the-face embarrassment if they checked their phones during a Kanter post-up. But little by little, Kanter is starting to get it. He's on pace for a (modest) career high in assists, and he whipped some snazzy passes out of double-teams against both Chicago and Memphis this week.

He dished three dimes in each of those games. That doesn't sound like much, but Kanter has hit that mark only 19 times in six seasons. Three of those games have come in the past three weeks. Kanter has never recorded more than four assists in any NBA game. Could that be the next baby step?
Kanter welcomes the double teams. And he gets so deep in the post and makes the second defender 100% commit and then he kicks it out with a smile.

He's excelled at that this year.

Hassan mad Embiid gave him the work :lol:

This. Dudes in the league seem extra salty about embiid being talented. I remember earlier in the season when the twolves played the sixers, Towns was saying something to the effect of Joel being overrated and he couldn't wait to embarrass him. Could have been the usual sporty trash talk but it seems like dudes are going extra hard to throw shade at embiid
Would shock me if he said this tbh
Yes me too. I need to see proof of said comment and even then I might not believe it. Kat doesn't get down like that. He just plays. He cooked Embiid rd1 but it was more so Embiid minute restrictions that anything, by the time he was warm he had to sit (Embiid did). Rd2 Kat got cooked though.

In regards to Whiteside comments, I think he's more so talking about the Zaza's of the World than Embiid. He has to know Embiids ASG push is skill first Charisma second.

Embiid be coming off cheesy a lot of times doh..:nerd:
Freeze man, now your being an Hassan. Embiids posts are always on point. He has been tweeting since getting drafted, not one embarrassment. Not one misstep. He's the Greatest social media'er in the United States of America.

Side note: Wtf are you guys doing. I've made 3 b2b posts in 16minutes? Say something god damn it.

Last edited:
I've heard Hassan posts on nt under the sn BIG LEEMELONE BIG LEEMELONE

But yea embiid is kinda corny at times. He's good but I actually see his numbers going down moving forward. Usage will drop big time but his fg% should increase running with Simmons. He reminds me of kat last year in that he's a guy that starts off very close to his ceiling and will just add polish.

You been low key hating on embiid all season. I peeped :nerd:

I'm sure you think Julius Randle is better/more talented. I remember you talking slick about Joel and his FG% if I remember correctly :nerd:

Yea I said his fg% would come down to earth and it has. Not hating just taking a closer look at his numbers. Randle is his own beast and does not influence my view of embiid

@JCameratoCSN Embiid on his Twitter: "In the back of my head I think, ‘This is going to backfire at some point.’" Says he'll keep going until it happens.
He's just like one of us!

he hates on every center that's better than him...

Honestly, Whiteside sounds like a whiny *****. Always has something to say about his contemporaries and never applauds their accolades. The man is heavily insecure and has a feeble mentality.

Last edited:
I just seen a David Wesley comparison for D'angelo Russell just now in the Laker thread

That whiplash dude man :lol:

I'm not well versed in analytics but to me ts% just means you're a good free throw shooter. Take away the formula and he's shooting below 40% from all over the floor. But with a ti-83 and free throws that's considered good
It takes into the value of a three point shot too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom