Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's definitely an unspoken code among athletes about how much they actually care about winning. Lebron broke kayfabe when he told the world 'I'm a loser but at least I got bread tho. Yall just losers'. Fans are way more invested emotionally than players

And make no mistake I'm not suggesting in any way it's defining who these guys are or it's all they care about, but it does have some impact on them. I mean Chuck, Patrick, Malone etc. have been asked over and over about this. Winning a ring does change life and perception for some guys even though they're already great HOF players which Melo is going to be. But I'm saying Melo has had opportunities to change the narrative or at the very least put him in a better position to do that but has chosen the money. KD did the oppsite even though he took it to an extreme level.

Last edited:
Melo is going to break 250 million EASY just in salary by the time he hangs em up. He literally will have more money than he'll ever be able to do anything with.

Shoe you think CP is going to be satisfied with his career if say he never gets out of the 2nd rd but has all this money?

It won't eat at him that's for sure. It is what it is. The fan wants it that way. They want players to have that burning fire or passion for the game that bleeds into their real lives but it's not like that. CP has exercised every ounce of talent out of his body, and if he can't break through then it is what it is. It would be different if someone like cp doesn't work hard towards this but he does

CP said it himself "basketball is what I do, but it doesn't define me." I'm sure he wants to win, but if he doesn't, I doubt it'll eat away at him. It sucks, but that's life and that's the reality of this basketball ****. In the end, making the league and being one of the greatest to do it while making your bread in the process >>>

Didn't know he said that, I stand corrected. Maybe that's why he'll never get out :tongue:.

And also I don't think fans want every player to think that way. Just don't tell them you're all about winning and then every subsequent action when a clear choice presents itself to maximize that potential you do the opposite.

Last edited:
But he isn't the only one who feels that way, most NBA players feel like Chris Paul. It doesn't define them. CP "not being satisfied" with his career because he didn't win a ring is for the fan, the sports writer. He damn sure will be satisfied and proud of what he's accomplished I'm sure.

They put their best foot forward, and leave it at that. It's the sports fan, writer, columnist, etc. that create this culture where your career is a failure or devalued if you don't reach certain mythologized points within said career.

Last edited:
But he isn't the only one who feels that way, most NBA players feel like Chris Paul. It doesn't define them.

They put their best foot forward, and leave it at that. It's the sports fan, writer, columnist, etc. that create this culture where your career is a failure or devalued if you don't reach certain mythologized points within said career.

I know that there's players that are there only to collect a check, but there are players whose talents or their own statements tell a different story. Melo has been one of those guys at least in the past. Now if he's resigned to that now and has had a change of heart cool, but there are the MJs, Kobes, Magics, that take it with them off the floor and it does mean that much to them.

Last edited:
Melo said in '06.....when Bron/Wade/Bosh took the shorter extension.

"I'm from Baltimore......we don't leave money on the table."

If y'all know how dudes from my city act.....that's in line with Melo.

The irony is he could've made more in his career if he took shorter contracts, and went to winning teams.

Everything that's happening with Melo is a result of him taking that extra year....and not being a free agent in 2010.

No such thing as "more money than you know what to do with"
Well my dad took a little less money to coach a team he feels that Will give him more flexibility and make him happier by all means he is really well off but he isn't really getting NBA player money but he picked flexibility working with people who he feels has the same philosophy as him. He coaches professionally overseas btw

I know that there's players that are there only to collect a check, but there are players whose talents or their own statements tell a different story. Melo has been one of those guys at least in the past. Now if he's resigned to that now and has had a change of heart cool, but there are the MJs, Kobes, Magics, that take it with them off the floor and it does mean that much to them.

I mean that's fine and guys like Kobe who were maniacal about it are rare but their mindset or approach to the sport isn't a prerequisite for having a satisfactory career. Most guys don't think about the NBA like him and imo that's okay like it's just basketball and imo it should stay that way.

The Skinny Jeans and "one leg at a time Chuck" needs to stop.

Does he forget he says that 10 times per Thursday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom