Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Between the blazers nuggets and kings man it should be an entertaining ish show to see who gets in

I see Malone just went in his teams defense calling it the worst in the league. Yikes

They have *clears throat* ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTY FOUR MILLION on the books next year.

Paying 54 million for Crabbe, Turner, Leonard and Ezeli. :x

Crabbe is -2 BPM.

Turner is -2.8 BPM.

Leonard is -5.3 BPM.

Ezeli knees are made of dollar bills.

Imagine paying damn near half your cap space to actively make your team worse and having 45 million per wrapped up in your two best players who are one way players.

Poor Dame.

Stuck with a bunch of bozo's

I imagine they have to move CJ at some point right? He's the only one with value outside of Dame.

I just was listening to the podcast.

"what should the bulls do with Rajon Rondo"

:rofl:

BYEEEEEE.

That was so obvious man. I could even see that before the season.

they should just buy him out right now. It's safe to say this may be Rajon's last contract.

His Celtics days will always be appreciated.

I imagine they have to move CJ at some point right? He's the only one with value outside of Dame.

I remember peeps saying they shouldn't move CJ because....offense only matters.

That small *** backcourt going to continue to put up 50 points a night and fail in any meaningful games. They would be smart to move off CJ, but they not doing it. #prayforrimprotection

I still don't understand the Turner signing to this day. Doesn't fit with that team at all and doesn't offer anything they needed. It was a desperate signing after losing out on CP.

Last edited:
I remember peeps saying they shouldn't move CJ because....offense only matters.

That small *** backcourt going to continue to put up 50 points a night and fail in any meaningful games. They would be smart to move off CJ, but they not doing it.

I still don't understand the Turner signing to this day. Doesn't fit with that team at all and doesn't offer anything they needed. It was a desperate signing after losing out on CP.

I remember some people were saying Portland was trying to replicate GS backcourt.

Blazers can still move Leonard, Crabbe and Turner if needed. Advanced stats prove they're mediocre players, but they can still be on teams and have a positive contribution.

I remember some people were saying Portland was trying to replicate GS backcourt.

Blazers can still move Leonard, Crabbe and Turner if needed. Advanced stats prove they're mediocre players, but they can still be on teams and have a positive contribution.

I can almost guarantee you a team is willing to give up a good amount for CJ too.

If you're going to give CJ all that money, why keep Crabbe as well and then go get Turner? :lol: It just never made sense

Last edited:
Absolutely. CJ is a good player. He's just an awful fit next to Dame. How did they even win last year?

Absolutely. CJ is a good player. He's just an awful fit next to Dame. How did they even win last year?

They started out 15-24. Then, went on an 18-4 run midway through the season to basically put them in the playoffs. They went 11-10 after that stretch :lol:

26-34 through 60 games. Had an 18-4 stretch in 22 games to make the playoffs. Ended up having themselves believe they were legit.

Last edited:
I can almost guarantee you a team is willing to give up a good amount for CJ too.

If you're going to give CJ all that money, why keep Crabbe as well and then go get Turner? :lol: It just never made sense

I agree getting all those guys collectively wasn't the best idea. But Portland lost LMA, and practically their entire starting line up,made it to the playoffs and basically "overachieved" thus resulting drinking their own kool-aid. They panicked and didn't really think things through.

They're not in awful shape though. Those players mentioned can all be moved and the front office can yield somewhat favorable returns. But they need to make some move quickly before teams lose interest and they're left holing the bag. The Knicks are notorious for this :lol:

Last edited:
CJ to Philly for Noel + Ersan makes a lot of sense but their cap is so ****** it still wouldn't work.

i wouldn't deal CJ unless your bringing in a big that's going to rebound and defend.

Would Utah be interested in some sort of CJ for Favors package?

If his bodies checks out, I like it. But Utah will probably cash out George Hill

But just saying Portland sucks cause Dame/ CJ don't mesh isn't the problem to me. They had bad signings, bad defense, and they don't rebound. Might as well wait out this year and hit something in the late lottery

CJ to Philly for Noel + Ersan makes a lot of sense but their cap is so ****** it still wouldn't work.

I've been saying Noel for CJ makes a lot of sense for Portland. But at the same time, Philly will most likely get a PG in the draft. I wouldn't make that trade if I were Philly.

If his bodies checks out, I like it. But Utah will probably cash out George Hill

But just saying Portland sucks cause Dame/ CJ don't mesh isn't the problem to me. They had bad signings, bad defense, and they don't rebound. Might as well wait out this year and hit something in the late lottery

I just don't feel like its needed. I also think in order for them to balance out their team, moving the lesser of the two can make them much better overall. How many times do you see a defenseless scoring backcourt render success in the league?

What about CJ for Aaron Gordon + Fillers? I think Gordon needs to get out of there to shine.

I've been saying Noel for CJ makes a lot of sense for Portland. But at the same time, Philly will most likely get a PG in the draft. I wouldn't make that trade if I were Philly.

I thought Ben is the PG?

Or is he a Point Forward and they need a spot up point?

While we are talking trades...

Who has the cap room to take on Millsap and his 20 milley??? :nerd:

I think he can change someone to a contender.

I thought Ben is the PG?

Or is he a Point Forward and they need a spot up point?

They will experiment with him at both positions. But if we get the chance to nab Fultz, no way we let that go. And a lineup of Fultz, Simmons can work.

I just don't feel like its needed. I also think in order for them to balance out their team, moving the lesser of the two can make them much better overall. How many times do you see a defenseless scoring backcourt render success in the league?

i think the whole too small guards is overblown consider the lack of real 2s in the league. Fact of the matter is your PG is going to get put in PNR which means you gotta have great help and/or great rim protection. Plums is one of the 5th most athletic bigs in the league and he's barely rebounding or blocking shots. Who even plays the 4 for Portland? Aminu, who isn't stretching the floor or rebounding. Harkless isn't a world beater on the glass either.

No rebounds = more possessions for the other team = flammable guards = flammable team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom