Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
  So during the meeting, Curry argues to Durant that joining forces and winning big would be good for both shoe companies. Then Thompson, who some in the meeting think might have been on the verge of dozing off, pipes up with a question about his lesser-known Chinese shoe sponsor: "Is it good for Anta?"
roll.gif

how many bhzgrizzlies references were made last night? :lol:

grizz so damn predictable with these let down games.

as for parsons, i was hoping to see him get right by the time this road trip hit. he looked better mobile-wise in the kings game, but looked worse in the lakers game. i'll give him another week, but if he doesn't have a break out game soon, sit his *** down. with how ennis is playing, we don't necessarily need him in the lineup being a net-negative this year. just get him right for next year if he's not putting it togther within a week.

how many bhzgrizzlies references were made last night? :lol:

grizz so damn predictable with these let down games.

as for parsons, i was hoping to see him get right by the time this road trip hit. he looked better mobile-wise in the kings game, but looked worse in the lakers game. i'll give him another week, but if he doesn't have a break out game soon, sit his *** down. with how ennis is playing, we don't necessarily need him in the lineup being a net-negative this year. just get him right for next year if he's not putting it togther within a week.

Conley came back to life too. He's looking like he's outside the top 10 PGs again

Conley came back to life too. He's looking like he's outside the top 10 PGs again

I feel like he's still doing well since he returned toe injury. B2b 20+ point games and 6-11 from 3. I think he's actually getting back into the groove he was in prior to the injury. If you count the two games before the two injury, he's scored 20+ in 3 out of his last 4 with a big win over HOU.

I'm not worried about Conley returning the form, he's on pace to do what he needs to do. I'm more so worried about this Parsons issue. We're starting him and he's probably hurting us more than helping right now. We've been better with Ennis in the lineup at SF. I'm okay with bringing Parsons along slowly, but do that off the bench.

Conley
16/5/4 43% fg 34% 3pfg. -13 plus minus in December

Lil Zeke
30/6/2 48/39. Higher TS

[emoji]129300[/emoji]

Last edited:

Lil Zeke
30/6/2 48/39. Higher TS

[emoji]129300[/emoji]

Conley only played 7 games in December and spent most of that month trying to get back into form after his injury. Don't be so dense :lol:

Even after that big stretch of games Lil Zeke had, his defense is even worse than what it was earlier in the year. He and Conley still cancel out when factoring in both sides of the ball and this is after Conley's injured December month. Luckily, he's really the only negative defensive starter on the Celtics. Put him on that Portland team and people will criticize him just like they do Dame.

Last edited:

Lil Zeke
30/6/2 48/39. Higher TS

[emoji]129300[/emoji]

Conley only played 7 games in December and spent most of that month trying to get back into form after his injury. Don't be so dense :lol:

Even after that big stretch of games Lil Zeke had, his defense is even worse than what it was earlier in the year. He and Conley still cancel out when factoring in both sides of the ball and this is after Conley's injured December month. Luckily, he's really the only negative defensive starter on the Celtics. Put him on that Portland team and people will criticize him just like they do Dame.

I mean you have these high hopes for Conley but just isn't that guy. If he's coming of injury too soon, tell him to sit down. Conley out here looking like a rich mans Jeff Teague

Harden
Westbrook
Curry
Wall
CP3
Zeke
Lowry
Wall
Kemba
Dame
Myrie

>>Conley

I mean you have these high hopes for Conley but just isn't that guy. If he's coming of injury too soon, tell him to sit down. Conley out here looking like a rich mans Jeff Teague

Harden
Westbrook
Curry
Wall
CP3
Zeke
Lowry
Wall
Kemba
Dame
Myrie

>>Conley

What high hopes? :lol: His numbers took a slight deep due to injury and you talking like he fell off the face of the earth. His numbers over the last 4 games have been right on par with what he's been doing for the season as a whole. The first 4 games coming back from injury definitely helped his numbers take a hit and he's back to playing better. Where is this coming from b? :lol:

Embiid 23.2 PER in his rookie year is third in the modern era behind some guys named David Robinson and Michael Jordan.

KAT is 7th with 22.5.

Blake is 10th with 21.9

AD is 11th with 21.7

Jokic is 14th with 21.5

Demise of big men has been greatly exaggerated.

Last edited:
Embiid 23.2 PER in his rookie year is third in the modern era behind some guys named David Robinson and Michael Jordan.

Sample size is too small IMO.

Let's revisit this once the season ends. I hope he can stay healthy though. Being a big guy that can move, history isn't on his side. I may be in the minority in this, but he'll probably have to lose some weight if he want's to sustain a long NBA career.

You means those great value KD numbers in comparison to what KD did the year he won MVP with less talent and Scott brooks?

No, I mean we were comparing KD and Kawhi's 30% usage rate and YOU saying Kawhi's numbers were going to take a huge dip.

Stop trying to compare it to KD's MVP season because that wasn't the discussion b.

Its funny how you keep trying to make KD's MVP season the outlier, when he has yet to put up a season close to that since. KD's numbers outside of the one year align with Kawhi's numbers this year.

Last edited:
You means those great value KD numbers in comparison to what KD did the year he won MVP with less talent and Scott brooks?

No, I mean we were comparing KD and Kawhi's 30% usage rate and YOU saying Kawhi's numbers were going to take a huge dip.

Stop trying to compare it to KD's MVP season because that wasn't the discussion b.

I'm comparing KD at 25 to kiwi at 25

Sample size is too small IMO.

Let's revisit this once the season ends. I hope he can stay healthy though. Being a big guy that can move, history isn't on his side. I may be in the minority in this, but he'll probably have to lose some weight if he want's to sustain a long NBA career.
bigs dont really lose weight going forward

I'm comparing KD at 25 to kiwi at 25

So, now you're changing your approach?

I remember you wanted to compare usage rate at first, now you want to compare it by age? :lol:

KD had a 33.8% usage rate that season. As I mentioned, you make KD's one season the outlier like he's been doing that every single year of his career. I'm comparing KD's season prior to the MVP year (24 years old with a 29.8% usage rate) to Kawhi's 2016-17 season (29.8% usage rate).

According to you, we shouldn't even be having the discussion because Kawhi's FT rate, FT% and everything else was suppose to drop off. Even when looking at the minutes they played during those years, KD played 5 more minutes than Kawhi. I'll pull the old posts if you want me to, then I'll pull out the numbers if you don't believe me.

I ain't forgot when Kawhi had that little 3 game bad stretch you were boasting about him falling off cliff b

Last edited:
Also a fun stat, Giannis currently has the 7th best BPM of any player in the modern era under age 25.

Only guys above him are Lebron 3 times :smile:x), MJ twice and CP3.

Last edited:
And if Houston falls off, its going to probably be between KD and Kawhi for MVP this year due to best record. That'll be fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom