OFFICIAL 2015-2016 College Football Season Thread

Honestly, if the goal is to help kids become better students first, then athletes, I don't see why colleges reaching out TO THEM, bringing the coaches out there, getting a sense of their teaching style up front - when 99% of these kids would never get the chance to visit that school without an official visit invite - is a bad thing.

You don't want to let them leave when it's a bad fit, but you won't give them every opportunity to figure out what the best fit is.

The school i root for doesn't even do satellite camps and I think the NCAA is a ******* joke for this.

Mike Leach summed it up best...“It appears that the selfish interests of a few schools and conferences prevailed over the best interests of future potential student-athletes,” WSU coach Mike Leach said in a text message to the Seattle Times. “The mission of universities and athletic programs should be to provide future student-athletes with exposure to opportunities, not to limit them. It appears to me that some universities and conferences are willing to sacrifice the interests of potential student-athletes for no better reasons than to selfishly monopolize their recruiting bases.

“I will be fascinated to hear any legitimate reasoning behind this ruling.”

Harbaugh probably already has something else in the works

The Pirate 
pimp.gif

Why are you fans of tier 2 schools soooo mad, like kids aren't in your back yards yearning for scholarships. Miss me with that lame *** excuse about the rule denying kids opportunities, that's the biggest crock of sh*t I've read in this thread. No one's stopping your program from hiring a great coach to coach those kids in your state up. Worry about your own youth football and HS athletics instead of trying to poach from the South cus the South gon hold it diine

1sYMV4k.gif

:rofl:

------

Seriously if Michigan, Pennsylvania and **** had great talent, you guys would not want sec & ACC schools setting up shop there.

Last edited:
Why are you fans of tier 2 schools soooo mad, like kids aren't in your back yards yearning for scholarships. Miss me with that lame *** excuse about the rule denying kids opportunities, that's the biggest crock of sh*t I've read in this thread. No one's stopping your program from hiring a great coach to coach those kids in your state up. Worry about your own youth football and HS athletics instead of trying to poach from the South cus the South gon hold it diine
this
not my fault Rusty McCornfed not getting any separation on a post route

Last edited:
This still isn't stopping the Harbaugh train. 
laugh.gif
 But SEC cried, so they had to change the rule. 

I can't argue with you if you believe that you should only get to have players from your own state.

That's not how college works.

Anyone can go anywhere.

I can't argue with you if you believe that you should only get to have players from your own state.

That's not how college works.

Anyone can go anywhere.

You're making up stuff as you go along. Who said that? Nobody. Urban has no problem pulling top notch kids from the south without setting up shop at IMG. Just like Richt pulled top QBs from the state of Washington and Texas. Recruiting is about building relationships with the HS coaches, the kids and their families. Tell your staff to step their efforts up. Didn't y'all just buy a well known SoFla coach and still can't pull any top talent besides his son? Hmph. Nobody wanna go practice/play in that icebox dawg.

LMAO @ Rusty McCornfed not getting separation

Last edited:
You're making up stuff as you go along. Who said that? Nobody. Urban has no problem pulling top notch kids from the south without setting up shop at IMG. Just like Richt pulled top QBs from the state of Washington and Texas. Recruiting is about building relationships with the HS coaches, the kids and their families. Tell your staff to step their efforts up. Didn't y'all just buy a well known SoFla coach and still can't pull any top talent besides his son? Hmph. Nobody wanna go practice/play in that icebox dawg.

LMAO @ Rusty McCornfed not getting separation

-The rule was basically passed because other staffs (SEC) didn't want to step their efforts up to compete with Michigan.

-The satellite camps helped build relationships with HS coaches, kids, which would lead to their families.

-Urban coached in Florida for 5 years. He has plenty of connections already.

-Devin Bush has been on the staff for 7 weeks. He'll deliver players in time.

These camps last year were only 1 day stops. Is 1 day really gonna topple the SEC empire?

Last edited:
Yelling @ "Rusty McCornfed"

:lol: :lol:

Bush Jr. gonna start for UM this yr :pimp:

Granted it was just a spring game and Mac was going 1s vs 2s (smart move btw) but Del Rio looked good for uf last night

Last edited:
I think the people who keep talking about recruiting and talent are missing the point of where, at the least, I and other people who don't care about the football aspect are coming from.

College athletics is the exploitation of the poor and black. Most of these kids would not be going to college let alone private school if it were not for athletic scholarships. So many of these kids talk about how they had never left their county or state before being recruited. They're not taking the trips themselves to familiarize themselves with various campuses, schools, programs and coaching staffs. Hell a lot of them don't even have Internet to do the research online. What they know is what they can see. The schools around them. The teachers and education right there.

If we REALLY care about the kids and really believe the bull **** we spew about college sports opening up a world of opportunity - that's why we refuse to pay the players right? Because the education and opportunities are already priceless - and we truly believe the education comes first, then why is the NCAA going out of its way to block avenues for these kids to access information about the schools and specifically the teachers and coaches they'll be, let's keep it real, working for for 60 hours a week over 3-4 years.

The NCAA already makes it near impossible for kids to transfer if a school or program is a bad fit. Then why the **** are we making it so hard for kids to find the right fit?

It's *** backwards. They claim one thing, then do the other. What they're worried about is essentially Jim Harbaugh "tampering" with Alabama's recruiting base but they don't want to use the word tampering because that would expose this for what it really is.

Do what's in the best interest of the kids first. We shouldn't give a **** about school's protecting their recruiting base advantage. I can't wait til the NCAA topples.

Last edited:
Its not JUST going to the south... The Pac-12 and Big12 were just as vocal about it... The smaller conf coaches are hurt more than Michigan... They get to host these camps that have 400+ kids at it and only 1% would be Power 5 caliber but many more that could get some more FaceTime with smaller schools and get a look at a full ride... They were sold a handshake agreement from the Power 5 schools that if they voted to get rid of these, those big name schools would steer recruits to their schools... Not hard to see that

Looks like Davis Webb (texas tech grad transfer) is looking to transfer to Auburn and would play immediately.

He just committed to Colorado in January...

I don't know what fpi is but most of those teams probably play Rutgers, so that can't help.

Back
Top Bottom