OFFICIAL 2014 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD

In yahoo are you allowed to drop a player after they played? For example, I just dropped D. Hopkins for Ingram. I was originally putting in a claim for next week, but the transaction went through. I thought players get locked after they play.

Buddy of mine put DeMarco on the trade block... My team is in decent shape but he wants high WR1 and RB2 or RB1 and WR2 for Demarco/someone... Any of yall guru's see some trades here?  I have some ideas but wanna get some opinions on whether i should just leave it alone and not go chasing.

My team:      His team: 

Pulled the trigger and traded pierre garcon and joqui bell for zac stacy and ronnie hillman

thoughts?

My team right with the trade

Jay Cutler

Lamar Miller

Matt Asiata

Julio Jones

Antonio Brown

Greg Olsen

Zac Stacy (Flex)

Pats D

Cody Parkey

BN:

Steven Jackson

Trent Richardson

Ronnie Hillman

Terrence West

AP

Markus Wheaton

Sammy Watkins

give: emmanuel sanders & shane vereen
get: marshawn lynch

1PPR

i have stacked WR's (megatron, julio jones, sanders, andre johnson, reggie wayne), but with megatron injured i don't know if i should give up my strength. we play 3WR's and a WR/TE flex.

my RB's are pretty weak (vereen, joquie bell, brendan oliver, crowell, rainey), but we only play 2 RB spots..

it seems like a no brainer, but my worries are that marshawn has a tough schedule at the end of the season (SF, Arizona, StL in playoff weeks), and i don't have the depth to cover my WR spots when people start going on their bye weeks. i'm 4-1 FWIW.

help me see the pros and cons of this trade.

1PPR

i have stacked WR's (megatron, julio jones, sanders, andre johnson, reggie wayne), but with megatron injured i don't know if i should give up my strength. we play 3WR's and a WR/TE flex.

my RB's are pretty weak (vereen, joquie bell, brendan oliver, crowell, rainey), but we only play 2 RB spots..

it seems like a no brainer, but my worries are that marshawn has a tough schedule at the end of the season (SF, Arizona, StL in playoff weeks), and i don't have the depth to cover my WR spots when people start going on their bye weeks. i'm 4-1 FWIW.

I'd do that. Your WR's would get a lil weaker, but your RB's would get 10x better.

But you're 4-1. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

1PPR

Do it. Sanders is playin a lil above where i think hell settle too and yea gettin beastmode does WONDERS for that RB crew... Gotta lotta ? Marks there. I think u gotta trust Megatron will get healthy.

Actually i jus read that format... Hmmmm id prob counter with dre or wayne and vereen

Last edited:
Do you guys think Ryan Matthews is worth a stash until he gets back? I'm in desperate need of a RB and trying to think of anything. :lol:

My RBs

Morris
Joique bell
Ball
Bush
West
Crowell
Storm Johnson

Do you guys think Ryan Matthews is worth a stash until he gets back? I'm in desperate need of a RB and trying to think of anything. :lol:

My RBs

Morris
Joique bell
Ball
Bush
West
Crowell
Storm Johnson

Definitely. I'd drop Crowell probably for him. Oliver could end up getting a lot of touches even when he comes back but I'm sure he'll still get a good amount of work.

So it's basically 3 for 2 I'm i correct? What's your record btw?
I'm 3-2... Highest scoring team in the league currently by about 25 pts.

Its my main league though $100 buy in.

^^ maybe like Ellington and Hilton? or Lacy/Fitz? I like your team already to be honest
Yea sounds like those combo's are the kind hes looking for.

I'm not sure if its worth it for me but demarco's been a monster.  If I had more trust in Roddy/Fitz I'd likely go with the Ellington/Hilton offer.

Maybe I'll just throw out Ellington/Roddy and see if he bites.

Currently rolling this lineup tomorrow:

Dalton (Brees on bye)
B. Tate
B. Oliver
Cruz
M. Wallace
Delanie (Graham on bye)
Sanu
Chargers D
Crosby

Bench:
J. Bell
Sproles
Welker
Crowell
D. Hopkins (already played)

Should I stick with this lineup? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thinking of playing Bell since Roto says he'll get a big workload tomorrow, but I don't know who to switch him out with.

If you had to choose between Jordy vs Miami (#1 WR's go off on them x high targets) or Gio vs Carolina (multi faceted RB's have dominated them x plus no aj means more catches) who would you pick?

My RBs

Morris
Joique bell
Ball
Bush
West
Crowell
Storm Johnson
Yes, Ry is worth a stash. Not expected back until Week 8 at earliest. Add him for Crowell or Storm Johnson.

1-4 , PPR league, need some type of boost.
Was offered 2 different deals :
Alshon and Asiata for Edelman and Boldin
Alshon for Rivers and Welker
View media item 1214892
No to the first offer. I'd give some pause to the second trade because of the MVP-type season Rivers is having. Brady and Cousins is surviving at the QB position, and Welker has received 9 targets in each of the two weeks he's been back from suspension.

anyone bite on Ronnie Hillman??
He's a top-25 RB in Week 6. Flex play.

Currently rolling this lineup tomorrow:

Dalton (Brees on bye)
B. Tate
B. Oliver
Cruz
M. Wallace
Delanie (Graham on bye)
Sanu
Chargers D
Crosby

Bench:
J. Bell
Sproles
Welker
Crowell
D. Hopkins (already played)

Should I stick with this lineup? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thinking of playing Bell since Roto says he'll get a big workload tomorrow, but I don't know who to switch him out with.
Bell starts for Sanu. Reggie likely can't go.

Jeremy Hill or Storm Johnson at FLEX?
Hill.

If you had to choose between Jordy vs Miami (#1 WR's go off on them x high targets) or Gio vs Carolina (multi faceted RB's have dominated them x plus no aj means more catches) who would you pick?
Nelson, if you're forced to pick. Both should ideally start.

any thoughts if I should trade Lamar Miller now or wait till after tomorrow game
After Week 6. Miller's last game vs. Raiders, 2 rush TD. Green Bay is worst in rush YPG this season, 163 YPG. That's bad run D.

Thin on RB with Charles on a bye week. Ridley or Jeremy Hill?
Ridley, comfortably.

Ellington or forsett for Flex
Ellington.

Jeremy Hill or Storm Johnson at FLEX?
Hill. Last time Green missed a game, Hill got more carries than he did in all of his other games combined.
Nelson. Hill could potentially end up poaching some of Gio's value as stated above.

any thoughts if I should trade Lamar Miller now or wait till after tomorrow game
I would shop him around now. They'll likely ease Moreno back in but I wouldn't get rid of Miller for anything less than a WR2/RB2.
Thin on RB with Charles on a bye week. Ridley or Jeremy Hill?
Roll with Ridley. May not mean much but BB was singing his praises this week.
Ellington or forsett for Flex
Cards should look to lean heavily on Ellington for the next few weeks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom