OFFICIAL 2013 FANTASY FOOTBALL TALK

Did my 12 player money league last night.
I know my RBs are weak lol. But hoping to bank on Rodgers, Graham, and Megatron. Had the 6th overall pick. Any tips?

QB: Rodgers
RB: Murray
RB: Bradshaw
WR: Dwayne Bowe
WR: Calvin Johnson
WR: Steve smith
TE: Jimmy Graham
W/R: Greg Jennings
Def: St. Louis
K: Josh Brown

BN: Chris Ivory
BN: Danny Woodhead
BN: Heyward-Bey
BN: Sam Bradford
BN: Gio Bernard
BN: Justin Blackmon
You def have some solid talent but your RBs will cost you. You don't wanna start two RBs who are laying goose eggs every week and blowing matchups for you. You gotta have at least ONE starting quality RB.

The thing is, there are a lot of fairly consistent QBs in the league but not a lot of consistent RBs. Someone like Rodgers doesn't have significantly more fantasy value than a lesser QB like say, Matt Ryan or Romo. Rodgers may have the best numbers but all three will probably throw for 4000+ and around 30 TDs, which you can work with.

So if I were you, I'd try to package Rodgers + another starter for a decent #1 QB + elite, every-week start RB.

By decent QB, I mean on the level of Stafford (will have a ton of fantasy points this year), Ryan, Romo, Newton, RG3, etc. Find someone who has one of those guys and an elite RB, if you include Rodgers in the package they might bite.

10 team non ppr, 9th pick:

QB: Matt Ryan
RB1: Jamaal Charles
RB2: Steven Jackson
WR1:Calvin Johnson
WR2: Hakeem Nicks
TE: Owen Daniels
Flex: Matt Forte
DEF: ARI

BN: Sam Bradford
BN: Darren Sproles
BN: David Wilson
BN: Eric Decker
BN: Jared Cook

i feel its pretty good but i don't feel to comfortable at WR. Should I try to get another receiver or just hoard RB's?
That's a good team bro

Last edited:
I really want to start Michael Floyd over Stevie Johnson week 1, dude has been progressing nice from some of the preseason games I've seen. I think he's in store for a big year

I really want to start Michael Floyd over Stevie Johnson week 1, dude has been progressing nice from some of the preseason games I've seen. I think he's in store for a big year

I can' start TY Hilton over Victor Cruz this week right?

I don't know what to expect from Victor Cruz this year

I was forced to take him really -__-

Well, my team is either boom or bust.  Took a couple risks that could pay off.  Banking on Cobb to be a STUD, and Jackson to get a ton of goal line carries.  

10 team PPR, let me know your thoughts!  reps till I run out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think my team is pretty well balanced, top to bottom. I could use some help at RB but I feel like Shady could have a HUGE year under Chip Kelly. Remember, Kelly's spread offense ran the ball something like 60% of the time in college (that won't be the case in the NFL) but still, I expect him to be the top back this year.

Let me know what you guys think:

QB: Peyton Manning
RB: LeSean McCoy
RB: Rashard Mendenhall
WR: Larry Fitzgerald
WR: Marques Colston
TE: Tony Gonzalez
FLEX: Greg Jennings
D/ST: San Fran 49ers
K: Justin Tucker

Bench:
QB: Jay Cutler
RB: Giovanni Bernard (May start)
RB: Jonathan Franklin
RB: Isaac Redman
WR: DeSean Jackson
TE: Antonio Gates

[h1]"Coach Mike Tomlin said Le'Veon Bell (foot) could get a partial practice in this week.  The Steelers continue to express extreme optimism on Bell's sprain. He's out of his boot and tentatively aiming for a Week 2 return. An ability to get even a limited practice in this week would be big. Once 100 percent and back in game shape, Bell is going to seize control of Pittsburgh's backfield."[/h1]
glad i scooped him up off waivers this weekend

I think my team is pretty well balanced, top to bottom. I could use some help at RB but I feel like Shady could have a HUGE year under Chip Kelly. Remember, Kelly's spread offense ran the ball something like 60% of the time in college (that won't be the case in the NFL) but still, I expect him to be the top back this year.

Let me know what you guys think:

QB: Peyton Manning
RB: LeSean McCoy
RB: Rashard Mendenhall
WR: Larry Fitzgerald
WR: Marques Colston
TE: Tony Gonzalez
FLEX: Greg Jennings
D/ST: San Fran 49ers
K: Justin Tucker

Bench:
QB: Jay Cutler
RB: Giovanni Bernard (May start)
RB: Jonathan Franklin
RB: Isaac Redman
WR: DeSean Jackson
TE: Antonio Gates

It really depends on the number of teams...your team is ok, but you have to feel confident with Mendy (which I do not), as I was thinkin you could bump Gio up...but then I see th flex of Jennings

I like the ceilings of McCoy and Manning as you mentioned, just a little heavy on Offes I'm not a fan of and messy backfields Ariz and Pitt). But if you have a good feeling, all that matters, you should be competitive most weeks

That would be foolish until you see how Andre Roberts fits into the offensive...his quarterback was singin his praises before preseason, so that may be Carsons 2.

As bad as the QB situation in Buffalo is...they are playing New England, who is going to try to come out and prove a point bc of the Herdanzez situation. I can see the Bills being down 2 scores going into the 2nd and having to throw...Stevie is there only and beat option in that case....additionally NEs secondary is much weaker then it's front 7, so there may be less room for Spiller to wiggle then other weeks. I do think he gets his though as he will get 25 touches

Am I the only one that thinks Mendenhall and Bradshaw will end up barely playing this year? You dudes drafting them as your RB2 are gonna be severly disappointed.

I have two choices I'm not sure of this week.

Andrew Luck facing a bad Oakland Defense, or RG3 facing a questionably Philly D. I'm thinking I should give RG3 a week so see how he looks before I go with him.

Then I have David Wilson vs Cowboys, or Reggie Bush vs Minny in PPR?

What do you guys think.

Andrew Luck facing a bad Oakland Defense, or RG3 facing a questionably Philly D. I'm thinking I should give RG3 a week so see how he looks before I go with him.

What do you guys think.

RG3 and Wilson

Phillys def is bad, should be a shoot out.

I'd pump the breaks on Luck this week, if they get up early, why would you not just run it against Oakland to avoid luck taking hits? Remember Arians is not his Off cord this year

What do you guys think.

RG3 and Wilson

Phillys def is bad, should be a shoot out.

I'd pump the breaks on Luck this week, if they get up early, why would you not just run it against Oakland to avoid luck taking hits? Remember Arians is not his Off cord this year

12 tm PPR, FLEX rosters (basically, Must start 1 Qb, def, and k and i don't necessarily have to start a tight end)

QB: Cam Newton
RB: Ray Rice
RB: Darren Sproles
WR: Randall Cobb
WR: Reggie Wayne
WR: Cecil Shorts
RB/WR/TE: Shane Vereen
K: Randy Bullock
DEF: Packers

Bench:
RB: Ahmad Bradshaw
RB: Bernard Pierce
WR: Emmanuel Sanders
WR: Ryan Broyles
TE: Zach Sudfeld
QB: Ben Roethlisberger

I like this team for PPR but any advice is appreciated, especially for week 1

I have Arian Foster and Ben Tate.

Since Foster is getting acclimated back into the line-up I just wanted to make sure I should still start him over Tate?

12 tm PPR, FLEX rosters (basically, Must start 1 Qb, def, and k and i don't necessarily have to start a tight end)

QB: Cam Newton
RB: Ray Rice
RB: Darren Sproles
WR: Randall Cobb
WR: Reggie Wayne
WR: Cecil Shorts
RB/WR/TE: Shane Vereen
K: Randy Bullock
DEF: Packers

Bench:
RB: Ahmad Bradshaw
RB: Bernard Pierce
WR: Emmanuel Sanders
WR: Ryan Broyles
TE: Zach Sudfeld
QB: Ben Roethlisberger

I like this team for PPR but any advice is appreciated, especially for week 1

So can you start 2 qbs then?

I have Arian Foster and Ben Tate.

Since Foster is getting acclimated back into the line-up I just wanted to make sure I should still start him over Tate?

I mean it's more of a toss up this week then it would be later in the season. I think you have to start Foster since he said he was going to be out there. It's only week 1, no time to get cute, you used a top 10 pick on him and by all accounts, according to him, he's getting his normal workload...don't know how you can sit the more talented guy in this case

Why do people keep drafting Greg Jennings

Dude hasn't had 1000 yards in the last season, with the best QB in the NFL.

Now he goes to a run first team, not just a run first team, one of the greatest running backs ever. They will NEVER throw the ball, especially Mr. Ponder the thought.

:smh:

Was on bleacher report on my phone and Gregg Rosenthal tweeted that Ivory was listed as a backup on the Week 1 depth chart. Don't know if its totally true but hoping it is cuz I scooped up Powell in my 16 team league

^ He was out like 9 games last year so you can't really blame him for not getting 1000 yards. I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm not too high on Jennings either. Just saying he still does have some talent.

Last edited:
^ He was out like 9 games last year so you can't really blame him for not getting 1000 yards. I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm not too high on Jennings either. Just saying he still does have talent.

His QB's have been Brett Farve and Aaron Rodgers.....

I love Jennings, have his jersey and all.

But I'm a better QB than Ponder...

Back
Top Bottom