OFFICIAL 2013 FANTASY FOOTBALL TALK

Another quick question....should I drop Greg Olson for Martellus Bennett or drop the Cardinals defense for Bennett and start him at the Flex over Boldin?

Another quick question....should I drop Greg Olson for Martellus Bennett or drop the Cardinals defense for Bennett and start him at the Flex over Boldin?
multiple defenses should not be carried in a 10 team, maybe on a 12 team league. 

bennett should be owned in all leagues, he's cutlers red zone target. lost this past week cause he went off for 26 pts.
mean.gif

Last edited:
multiple defenses should not be carried in a 10 team, maybe on a 12 team league. 
bennett should be owned in all leagues, he's cutlers red zone target. lost this past week cause he went off for 26 pts.:smh:  

Good looking out. So should I Boldin or Bennett?

Steve Smith v. NYG
or
Chris Givens v. DAL

Non PPR, Flex position

I'm leaning towards Steve Smith but I have an inkling feeling Givens will eat this week

I have no clue how to handle the WR/Flex/TE spots. They all seem like good choices haha
you generally play the player who will get the most touches in the flex, ie a rb or a #1 WR. your bench is pretty solid, id rank your flex options : boldin, williams olsen, royal. 

once gronk comes back, you should be rolling

Last edited:
Didn't get Moreno, oh well. I drafted him originally and dropped him before Week 1. I've got a decent team, but would've like that to have had him.

Monte Ball got released, should I take a flyer or keep Michael Floyd?

Last edited:
Didn't get Moreno, oh well. I drafted him originally and dropped him before Week 1. I've got a decent team, but would've like that to have had him.

keep floyd

Ball can't pass protect for Manning hence less snaps for him

Makes sense.

Vernon Davis or Julius Thomas this week? Davis says he'll play Sunday but it doesn't look like he's gonna practice this week.

Also Joique Bell, Andre Roberts or Miles Austin in the flex?

My team PPR:

Cam Newton
Megatron
Jordy Nelson
Alfred Morris
Frank Gore
Vernon Davis
Miles Austin

Michael Floyd
Andre Roberts
Joique Bell
RG3
Percy Harvin
Julius Thomas

Janikowski
49ers

MJD man, dude got me not sleepin at nights thinkin what to do this week :lol:

MJD, DRichardson or Fred Jack this week?
Sit MJD. At Seattle with the 12th man. Foot tendon sprain. No bueno.

I would start Richardson in a standard format, Freddy in a PPR format. Manuel should be checking down a lot if the Jets blanket Stevie.

knowshon moreno or james starks first priority off waivers?

Going to drop fred jackson over rashard mendenhall to make room for moreno or starks.
Moreno over Starks. He came on strong the end of last season. Moreno stealing the carries from Ball. Hillman not in the picture.

Freddy has value even alongside Spiller. I'd hold onto him and drop somebody else.

buffalo @NYJ or MIN vs CLE ?
Divisional games with two rookie QB's is unpredictable.

Minnesota against Hoyer. They should feast.

I'm gonna wait to see how things go before I start MJD...

I'm trying to figure out what to do about Ridley. My RB situation is terrible. And it might hold me back for the title... :smh:

Spiller
Miller
Ridley
MJD
Menndenhall

I don't see any of them giving me 10 a week which is all I really need. :smh:
Spiller will be okay. He needs to show out this weekend against NYJ. I'm talking 15 points on the bright side.

There's a lot of RB2 potential in Ridley, Miller, Mendy, MJD. You figure two out of four will pan out. Looking like Miller and Mendy at the moment.

Lol Bucs "horrible" defense....

#1 rush defense in the league and second least fantasy points given up to receivers this year.
I'm saying though. Their lone bright spot. Defense sold out against New Orleans, gave their hearts. Revis, Goldson, Barron, Foster, David, McCoy, Clayborn.

Brian Hoyer will be starting for the Browns vs the Vikes. Hope he targets Cameron a lot...
TE security blanket on short check-downs. Throws a wrench in my plans for Gordon. Thought he would have a monster W3, with Weeden. Not Hoyer. Chud and Norv will still utilize the TE.

Pick one:

Jordan Cameron vs. Min
Jason Witten vs. StL
Julius Thomas vs. Oak

Pick two:

Nicks vs. Car
Tavon vs. Dal
Royal vs. Ten
Cecil vs. Sea
Roddy vs. Mia
Trade one or two of those TE's. You can get a lot of value for Thomas who is the hottest TE in fantasy through two weeks, or Witten, who is a PPR machine and Romo's sure thing.

You have to start Witten if it's a PPR format. Standard I'm inclined to recommend Cameron, even with Hoyer. He's a big target. Proven his worth through two weeks. Thomas second because of the matchup and everyone on Denver should eat against Oakland. Witten third in standard because I don't think he gets a TD against STL.

Cecil Shorts is a sit at Seattle against a physical, big secondary. Roddy is a sit as well until he gets normal reps. The ankle still hampering him.

Nicks, Royal, Tavon in that order. Carolina's weakness is the secondary. Royal has 5 TD's through two games, he's legitimately Rivers' only target outside of Gates and Brown. I feel Tavon's two touchdowns were out of necessity chasing a large deficit against ATL. Don't see the same against Dallas.

Really? lol

The guys in here say go with Cameron but I'm still up in the air

I don't know anything about Hoyer
I've been hyping Cameron since preseason. I targeted him mid-rounds of every league. Chud and Norv love the TE. He's paid off handsomely in two weeks. Must start every week.

Pick 2

Anquan Boldin
Vincent Jackson
Dez Bryant
Eddie Royal
Good problem to have.

Dezzy is a must start every week, stud receiver. Had a monster opening quarter against KC.

Next, PPR or standard? Either way, I would start V-Jax and Q over Royal. V-Jax is Tampa's number one target in spite of Freeman. New England's corners can be beat, especially if they get a lead and Tampa's chasing a deficit. Q was blanketed by Sherman and WT3, but not many teams have those big, physical corners.

I would start Q as WR2 if it's PPR because I think he gets more receptions than V-Jax. I feel in standard V-Jax is the way to go. Less receptions than Q, but more likely to secure a TD.

So who should I roll with on my flex?

Royal, Boldin or DeAngelo Williams?
Q, Royal, DeAngelo for me. Fewell should wake up the front seven after dismal performances against Dallas and Denver.

yea im debatin on witten and thomas too..... decisions decisions.....

non ppr...
Witten must start in a PPR, but since you're playing standard I would lean in Thomas' favor. Oakland is a very favorable matchup. The entire offense should benefit. 3 TD's in two games.

Spotty at times but I wouldn't completely say basura. Harrison Smith is a beast back there...
I have hope for CC, and maybe AJ too.

RG3 vs DET or Rivers @ Ten
RG3 by a slight margin. Even though RG3 isn't running like he did last year, he still has Morris, Garcon, Hank, Davis. Rivers has no running attack for Tennessee to honor. His weapons are rather limited. Who knows if Rivers' first two weeks of fantasy production are a fluke. If Washington gets down big again like Philly and GB, RG3 will be airing out. Those late fourth-quarter fantasy points, passing TD's.

I give: Julius Thomas, Boldin, McFadden
I get: Jimmy Graham, Steve Smith

PPR league. Even trade?

ChampCruthik, thanks for taking the time out and replying to most inquiries in here. you sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. repped.

12 team ppr and im stacked at rb
charles, mccoy, sproles and matthews.

cam is my qb though...pondering if i should swing a cam and mathews for brees or rodgers,
think i can pull that? 
Maybe the Brees owner, but I doubt it. Definitely not Rodgers.

It would take Cam and Sproles for Rodgers, but I wouldn't dare move Little Tank in PPR.

Keep Olsen if you can drop a secondary defense. I never play two defenses. I don't even care to draft a defense until the last or second to last round. Play the weekly matchups.

I would start Olsen over Martellus in PPR because Cam looks his direction often. Martellus over Olsen in standard for the TD potential. He's got three in two games.

Start Q in the Flex over both. I see SF taking their Seattle frustration out on Indy.

Brady vs Bucaneers
or 
Vick vs Chiefs
I usually say start your studs, but play the risk and hot hand. Brady has no weapons or running game. Tampa's defense is very good, underrated. They fly to the ball and play with heart. Like any Schiano-coached squad.

MV7 faces a good defense as well in KC, but Chip's offense is high octane and Vick always has the scrambling ability that Brady lacks. ESPN has Vick ranked their third best QB for W3.

Steve Smith v. NYG
or
Chris Givens v. DAL

Non PPR, Flex position

I'm leaning towards Steve Smith but I have an inkling feeling Givens will eat this week
Trust your gut, intuition. I would start Smitty with Prince recovering from concussion. I feel Carolina has a more favorable matchup than St. Louis going against Mo and Carr. But you're feeling Givens, go with it.

Not for now. Moreno is the man in Denver's backfield. Hillman an afterthought. Ball needs to protect the football (fumble in the RZ against NYG) and pass protect effectively.

Makes sense.

Vernon Davis or Julius Thomas this week? Davis says he'll play Sunday but it doesn't look like he's gonna practice this week.

Also Joique Bell, Andre Roberts or Miles Austin in the flex?

My team PPR:

Cam Newton
Megatron
Jordy Nelson
Alfred Morris
Frank Gore
Vernon Davis
Miles Austin

Michael Floyd
Andre Roberts
Joique Bell
RG3
Percy Harvin
Julius Thomas

Janikowski
49ers
No matter what VD says, his hammy worries me. I'd start J. Thomas. Favorable matchup, Peyton should expose Oakland's defense.

Bell gets the Flex start easily for me. Goal line carries for TD potential. Numerous check-down receptions.

Miles was a major disappointment W2 with so much attention on Dezzy. Roberts isn't a bad PPR option, but far less point potential than J. Bell.

Thoughts on sending Trent Richardson and D Wilson away for Doug Martin? PPR
Way too much, Fraij. I know you have depth but the separation between Trent and Dougie is minimal. That's a potential RB1 and RB2 for just a RB1. Many feel Dougie won't replicate last season's success. Cleveland has promised to give Trent an abundance of touches since preseason.

I give: Julius Thomas, Boldin, McFadden
I get: Jimmy Graham, Steve Smith

PPR league. Even trade?
Accept. Jimmy is the best TE in the league, real life or fantasy. PPR machine that still gets a healthy amount of touchdowns. He's a top-20 to 25 fantasy PPR producer.

Thomas is a waiver wire pickup. Two good weeks. We don't know what he'll produce the remaining 14 games. He won't keep up this TD pace, 3 in two games. He certainly won't get as many receptions as Jimmy weekly.

Let's say Smitty is a push with Q, which I still give Smitty a slight edge over because of ADP and past fantasy track record.

I assume you have the RB depth to compensate for the loss of D-Mac? Meaning he's your RB3 or Flex option. He has a worrisome injury history and his team is trash. I love DMC as a football player, but he's expendable in fantasy.

ChampCruthik, thanks for taking the time out and replying to most inquiries in here. you sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. repped.
Happy to help out the NT community. I'm not always right, but I do my best.

So here is my situation. i was riddled by injuries this past week and dont know which to go.

RB:
Ray rice
frank gore
lamar miller
d williams
a bradshaw

wr/te:
Roddy white
Dre johnson
r wayne
jordy
edelman
V. davis
M. Bennett

Who should i start, NON PPR. roddy is def no, jordy is def a yes. the others are all ? marks based on what they have been doing thus far

was thinking Jordy, Wayne, V, davis, M Bennet at flex; Gore, Miller

what yall think?

​ChampCruThik and denni5themenace, my other RB's are Ray Rice, Reggie Bush, Lamar Miller, and James Starks who I just picked up off FA since I wasn't able to get Moreno from waivers. I have Bennett as my other TE, I'm thinking about using him as trade bait. 

Back
Top Bottom