Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious, in boxing do they ever do winner take all paychecks? That would make for some interesting fights

What fighter would put their health and body on the line without a financial guarantee.

Boxers sacrifice more than we'll personally ever know or experience.

I'm sure the idea has been thrown around. But it's not realistic because win, lose, or draw the boxer still has expenses for trainers, cutman, sparring partners, etc. Golden Boy has put up a bonus for KO of the night like UFC does.

I'm sure the idea has been thrown around. But it's not realistic because win, lose, or draw the boxer still has expenses for trainers, cutman, sparring partners, etc. Golden Boy has put up a bonus for KO of the night like UFC does.
I feel you, but if that were the case the thought of a fix would be a lot less likely

Fighters are already ducking each other.
If I only get paid if I win I'm fighting tomato cans frome here on out.

Nearly half a mil is fair for the loser of a bout.

Not just speaking on you Champ, but where did all this overall negativity towards GGG come from? :lol: it's like overnight people went from liking one of the most humble fighters out there and saying "he's a great fighter", "he'll fight anyone in 3 weight classes" or "it's refreshing to see a contender fighting 5x a year" to a lot of people hoping he loses to a trash talking dude who lost his one decent step up, took two years off, has been beating C level opponents and basically talked his way into getting this fight :lol: I honestly do not get the infatuation with Stevens or the negativity towards GGG. Is it because Sanchez talked ****? Or is it the flashy, **** talking?

Stevens has basically been brawling straight forward with no precision/counter punching since he came back. Of course that'll work against the likes of Saul Roman :lol: he's never had great focus or a great attitude before fights. I don't see it. Maybe you guys could shed some light here.

I, personally, can never root against a guy who through and through loves to fight and loves the boxing game like GGG does.

Anywho word I've been hearing is if Froch wins his next fight, we may be getting Froch/Hopkins.

If you guys get UniMas, check out Segura/Marquez tomorrow night. Should be the fight of the night.

I feel like people are already getting tired of GGG just like they did with Pacquiao. Personally, I love the guy for much different reasons.

I'm cheering for Stevens too... Though last time I cheered for a trash talking underdog going against the good boy favorite was nick Diaz vs gsp, lol... And that didn't end well for me.

I do like GGG though. His humbleness reminds me of the Pacman from 5 years ago... And boxingwise, dude can crack. Pro, I think it's more Abel Sanchez too that I'm not fond off, lol... His trash talk and mustache rub me the wrong way

For me personally I like the trash talking I can see why people may get bored worth the good boy act of GGG but his fights are always exciting that it doesn't bother me that he isnt a trash talker.

Ill check out the unimas fight I always watch them.

I just like to be different. The betting line intrigued me significantly. Felt like the line was disrespectful to Stevens.

Let me be real on the record. Showtime will likely disappoint again like the Brinkley bout. Wouldn't be surprised with a late GGG KO.

Cobra has to be the favorite against B-Hop, I'm assuming.

I just like to be different. The betting line intrigued me significantly. Felt like the line was disrespectful to Stevens.

Let me be real on the record. Showtime will likely disappoint again like the Brinkley bout. Wouldn't be surprised with a late GGG KO.

Cobra has to be the favorite against B-Hop, I'm assuming.

If it's in the UK, even if its a neutral location.

Froch vs Hopkins

The Cobra vs The Extraterrestrial Executioner 0] :lol:

GGG vs Stevens is going to be a good fight for however long it lasts.

Last edited:
Random but I get the sense Floyd-Broner will fight at some point...

Esp if Floyd has a hard time finding opponents after next year.

Business is business, all that "brothers" stuff goes out the window...

I also get the sense that Floyd is more turned off by Adrian than anything, does a good job hiding it...

It's coming, people.

Yeah I feel like Floyd don't really rock with Broner like that either... He backed him at first but lately it's gotten out've hand.

I want Danny Garcia to beat the brakes off Broner tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom