Official 2012 NBA Draft Thread

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

- Livingston, Brockman and Leuer and 12th pick from MIL to Houston for Dalembert and 14th pick

-Houston holds the 12th, 16th and 18th picks in Thursday's draft now. They'll keep working to move up.

the crazy part is that Shaun Livingston, when healthy has been incredibly productive.  How has Leuer played in his chances?  And Samuel Dalembert?  Really?  Who the hell plays center on the Rox now if they dont get Dwight?

and another thing, how many power forwards does Houston really need? Patterson, Scola, Leuer, Morris....sheesh

They really going all in for Dwight.

Orlando's GM's non-comment on whether they'll trade Dwight on draft day - maybe he's waiting to see if HOU gets a high pick for them or not.

Chad Ford says there are only three current NBA players who wouldn't be traded right now for New Orleans #1 pick to take Davis. (James, Durant, and Paul)

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Some pics of some of the draft choices

Spoiler [+]
AD

147210662-draft-prospect-anthony-davis-poses-for-a-gettyimages.jpg

147210660-draft-prospect-anthony-davis-poses-for-a-gettyimages.jpg

Thomas Robinson

147210650-draft-prospect-thomas-robinson-poses-for-a-gettyimages.jpg

Markieff, Morris, Robinson, Marcus Morris

147210585-markieff-morris-of-the-phoenix-suns-draft-gettyimages.jpg

147210580-draft-prospect-thomas-robinson-poses-for-a-gettyimages.jpg

Dion Waiters

147210587-draft-prospect-dion-waiters-poses-for-a-gettyimages.jpg

147210588-draft-prospect-dion-waiters-poses-for-a-gettyimages.jpg

147206124-draft-prospect-dion-waiters-poses-for-a-gettyimages.jpg

Austin Rivers

147210574-draft-prospect-austin-rivers-poses-for-a-gettyimages.jpg

147210576-draft-prospect-austin-rivers-poses-for-a-gettyimages.jpg

MKG

147210571-draft-prospect-michael-kidd-gilchrist-poses-gettyimages.jpg

147206138-draft-prospect-michael-kidd-gilchrist-poses-gettyimages.jpg

Andre Drummond

147210563-draft-prospect-andre-drummond-poses-for-a-gettyimages.jpg

147206146-draft-prospect-andre-drummond-poses-for-a-gettyimages.jpg

Meyers Leonard

147206156-draft-prospect-meyers-leonard-poses-for-a-gettyimages.jpg

Damian Lillard

147199368-draft-prospect-damian-lillard-poses-for-a-gettyimages.jpg

147198330-draft-prospect-damian-lilliard-poses-for-a-gettyimages.jpg

John Henson

147198346-draft-prospect-john-henson-poses-for-a-photo-gettyimages.jpg

Harrison Barnes

147197707-draft-prospect-harrison-barnes-poses-for-a-gettyimages.jpg

147197710-draft-prospect-harrison-barnes-poses-for-a-gettyimages.jpg

Bradley Beal

147197705-draft-prospect-bradley-beal-poses-for-a-gettyimages.jpg

147196218-draft-prospect-bradley-beal-poses-for-a-gettyimages.jpg

Tyler Zeller

147197687-draft-prospect-tyler-zeller-poses-for-a-gettyimages.jpg

147196211-draft-prospects-tyler-zeller-and-john-henson-gettyimages.jpg

roll.gif
at austin rivers being the one pic that came up and him lurkin with the blue steel

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

Chad Ford says there are only three current NBA players who wouldn't be traded right now for New Orleans #1 pick to take Davis. (James, Durant, and Paul)

shocked kobe isnt one of them.

Another weak draft. Heard teams are passin' on Sullinger cause of his back problems.

MKG goin' #2 possibly?

Interesting to see where Austin Rivers lands.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

The Black Falcon slander is getting to be too much

The fact that he nicknamed himself the Black Falcon would be just cause for all the slander he's received if his projected draft possession didn't warrant it.

30t6p3b.gif
@ anyone calling him that too.
roll.gif
qft

Originally Posted by solarius49

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

- Livingston, Brockman and Leuer and 12th pick from MIL to Houston for Dalembert and 14th pick

-Houston holds the 12th, 16th and 18th picks in Thursday's draft now. They'll keep working to move up.

the crazy part is that Shaun Livingston, when healthy has been incredibly productive.  How has Leuer played in his chances?  And Samuel Dalembert?  Really?  Who the hell plays center on the Rox now if they dont get Dwight?
will 100% draft at least 1 center - Zeller, Moultrie, Leonard - one of them 100% will be drafted by the Rockets

Bucks now have a center so will most likely look for a shooter in the draft. If they land a shooter id look to move monta before he leaves next year. Dont like giving up livingston. Hope bucks get lamb.

"Beal told ESPN.com Wednesday that Oklahoma City general manager Sam Presti told him during an interview in Chicago that he was interested in trying to move up to draft him. The Thunder's first-round pick isn't until No. 28.
"He told me he was going to decide what they're going to do and considered getting up there," Beal said.
Beal said Denver, which picks at No. 20, also made a similar statement.
To get Beal, the Thunder would undoubtedly have to move James Harden, the NBA's Sixth Man of the Year. League sources said the Thunder wouldn't be able to avoid serious tax issues if they had to pay lucrative contracts to all four of their marquee players in Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook, Serge Ibaka and Harden. The first two aren't going to be moved. "

Please let this happen, so OKC will be easier to beat

laugh.gif
and then are Thunder going to trade Beal once he's up for an extension?

Eventually they're going to have to add a third huge salary & move well into the luxury tax if they want to keep a third scorer with Russ & KD.

Might as well just do it with Harden since he's proven.

I swear.....the Sixers seem to be the only team in the league that isn't doing a damn thing right now. Not one damn peep has came out of their camp besides them being interested in trading for Jamal Crawford. We're gonna end up sitting on our #!%*#%* hands again, not trading Iguodala and just picking the most obvious choice that we can possibly make at #15. Same %$%@ different year.

only way i'm happy with us trading harden for the 2nd pick IS IF we also get the rights to swap first round picks with the bobcats at some point over the next 5 years.. with no restrictions

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

White can talk that noise, but he can't get on a plane?
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Royce is the cockiest guy I've ever met, one of the first words he ever said to me was how upset he was the league changed the rules so you had to go to college, otherwise he would just go straight to the L. He was 14

roll.gif
wow i think its so funny how you can tell a guys character when you meet them. Most stars are *@!!+%++.

I remember Dujuan Wagner being such a tool when i was a cashier at Best Buy -

Shaq was totally cool though and really classy

thats a dumb move by the thunder... with harden they know what type of player they are getting... the same thing cant be said about beal

The previous draft that this one best compares to is 1969. That one had Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Lew Alcindor at the time) at the top and not much after that. Draft picks like Bobby Dandridge, JoJo White, Norm Van Lier and Bingo Smith eventually emerged as solid NBA players as I expect a few drafted after Davis to.

1. Anthony Davis PF-C, Kentucky: The sky is the limit for Davis. Everything about him says he’ll become a legendary player.
2. Dion Waiters G, Syracuse: Someone has to be #2. I went with Waiters because of upside. He has star ability and might even be able to play some point. In 5 years it might seem really silly to have Waiters at #2, but I suspect most other current mocks will look just as silly. Know that the gap between Davis and Waiters is greater than the gap between Waiters and Jesse Sanders at #60.

http://hoopsanalyst.com/blog/?p=890

The Thunder are in a weird position. They know they can't resign Harden and Ibaka after next year so they are trying to get the most for one of them right now. Harden is more proven, still young, and is vital to Westbrook and Durant more than Ibaka. But no one is giving up a lottery pick for Serge.

To get Beal, they have to trade for the 2nd or 3rd pick, and Washington won't give up their pick, although I'd give up the 3 for Harden in a heart beat as well. Pair Harden with Wall, Nene and Okafor with either Harden or Ariza off the bench, that's damn formidable.

Back
Top Bottom