Official 2012 NBA Draft Thread

Originally Posted by THE GR8

Originally Posted by henz0

That's all that needs to be said, if Williams could shoot I'm sure Hawks fans would be happy with him.
eek.gif
 Since M. Will has been brought up, remember everyone fell in love with him saying he was a key/main piece of that UNC championship run with all his intangibles.. MKG?? 
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
Just stop, please. Marvin Williams was UNC's sixth man they had Felton, May, McCants, all contribute more than him. The only player who (arguably) contributed more than MKG on Kentucky during their title run was Anthony Davis.
30t6p3b.gif
I thought Lamb contributed heavily. Without him, Kentucky would've been forced to play Teague for longer stretches running the point. Lamb really saved them by taking on some of those PG duties and playing in the role of a combo guard.

laugh.gif
@ people acting like that Starting 5 wasnt one of the best in recent memory. Whats him coming off the bench as a freshman got to do with anything? Everyone just says Harrison will be better because of the hype coming out of high school.

The only thing Harrison did better than Marvin during his time at UNC was being a better shooter

Originally Posted by PMatic

Royce White. 
laugh.gif

@SIPabloTorre Royce, on Michael Kidd-Gilchrist: "I don't like that kid. He's too hyped up. He's not as good as they think he is. He's a kid. I'm a man."

@SIPabloTorre Asked Royce what he told Drummond, who'd downplayed ISU frontcourt, in ISU-UConn: "'You f----- up. You talked too much.' A teaching point."

ayo dude went hard lol

Originally Posted by woody2626

laugh.gif
@ people acting like that Starting 5 wasnt one of the best in recent memory. Whats him coming off the bench as a freshman got to do with anything? Everyone just says Harrison will be better because of the hype coming out of high school.

The only thing Harrison did better than Marvin during his time at UNC was being a better shooter
I agree. If anything Barnes has the better shot of being another Marvin Williams, they are pretty similar players with pretty similar builds, and especially because it was Marvin's hype as a top recruit going to UNC and his minor contributions as a freshman that made the Hawks draft him before the more proven Deron Williams and Chris Paul. I still think Barnes will be better though, but I see the comparisons.

Also, Marvin Williams is a PRIME example of a talented player not living up to his potential. Even if Barnes is similar to him at this point in his career, whose to say that he will develop his game exactly like Marvin did? He could be similar right now to Marvin when he was drafted #2, but he also may work harder, adjust his game better, and turn out to be the much better player down the road.

But MKG? Come on. Im not gonna say Williams was a scrub at UNC or anything or even that he should have been starting as a freshman like MKG did this season, but Williams did not have NEARLY the contribution to that team as MKG did to Kentucky. Yes there were other players of high importance on Kentucky's run, especially Davis, and even dudes like Lamb, but the argument can be made that MKG was more important than any of them. The same cant be said for Williams, and quite frankly I would take 2012 Kenucky over 2005 UNC 9 times out of 10. That UNC team lost to Nova in the Sweet 16 as far as Im concerned (well see who has good memories
laugh.gif
)...

Originally Posted by solarius49

I dont get it, I just dont get it. %%@ makes Draymond Green a 1st round NBA player? and %%@ makes the Pacers think they want him in the 1st round?

I'm really upset over this

really?
Draymond is so NBA ready, he's a winner, and he's tough as hell, I won't be surprised if he wins a 6th man of the year award one day

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Originally Posted by solarius49

I dont get it, I just dont get it. %%@ makes Draymond Green a 1st round NBA player? and %%@ makes the Pacers think they want him in the 1st round?

I'm really upset over this

really?
Draymond is so NBA ready, he's a winner, and he's tough as hell, I won't be surprised if he wins a 6th man of the year award one day
At what position?  He's a tweener in a SF body.  He cant defend NBA PF's in the post, and hes not quick enough to stay in front of the SF's in the NBA.
I'm ok with him being somebodies reserve SF, but MY TEAM doesnt need him.  Right now we're trying to clear up a logjam at that position so we can move Paul George back to the SF spot.

When a 6'8 guy has trouble going against a 6'4 guard head to head i worry.

Beal apparently got the best of him, so much so that they'd be willing to give up 3 picks to get Beal.

When youre 4 inches taller than someone and the strong point in your game is shooting and you cant take advantage then why should i think you can do it against NBA guys right away.

In before someone says "he's 6'6"
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

The Black Falcon slander is getting to be too much
Exactly...acting like there was some huge visible gap between him and MKG is ridiculous.  And I'm on the MKG is better side.  Really, both guys have holes.  Harkless couldn't have done what MKG did if he was on that UK squad playing with all that talent around him?

Harrison Barnes will be a solid pro.  People in here really saying Quincy Miller is a better shooter and all-around player than him
roll.gif

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Fab Melo worries me a little cuz he seems dumb as a bag of rocks...but I think he'll be alright atleast. Not like there's many great centers in the league to compete against, and he's not going til the end of the 1st anyway. And Waiters will be the same instant offense off the bench guy he was for Cuse. He's damn sure not gonna be the next Wade like some people were saying...but he's too good of a player to be a bust.

Fab Melo being dumb as a bag of rocks isn't debatable.

He's a little lazy, but got pretty motivated this year, so I think he could be a starting center.
If Fab continues his improvement from last year with a real big man coach then I wouldn't be surprised if he turns into a top 10 center in the league within 5 year.
Great shot blocker, takes charges but he needs to work on rebounds and his left hand in the post. He can shoot facing up which is starting to be the trend for big guys. He def isn't the smartest person tho. Would love to see him get thrown into the fire and learn the game that way on a bad team.

Where do you think Waiters is going to get drafted?

He is instant offense and embraces the role of 6th man. Not many people can adjust from being a superstar in college to coming off the bench so that is a big plus for Waiters. Not many people are going to be the next dwayne wade but he has a high ceiling for a kid who has the IT factor and is putting together a jump shot. He has such confidence in his game.

Originally Posted by DoItAllPaul

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Fab Melo worries me a little cuz he seems dumb as a bag of rocks...but I think he'll be alright atleast. Not like there's many great centers in the league to compete against, and he's not going til the end of the 1st anyway. And Waiters will be the same instant offense off the bench guy he was for Cuse. He's damn sure not gonna be the next Wade like some people were saying...but he's too good of a player to be a bust.

He's a little lazy, but got pretty motivated this year, so I think he could be a starting center.
If Fab continues his improvement from last year with a real big man coach then I wouldn't be surprised if he turns into a top 10 center in the league within 5 year.
Great shot blocker, takes charges but he needs to work on rebounds and his left hand in the post. He can shoot facing up which is starting to be the trend for big guys. He def isn't the smartest person tho. Would love to see him get thrown into the fire and learn the game that way on a bad team.

He is instant offense and embraces the role of 6th man. Not many people can adjust from being a superstar in college to coming off the bench so that is a big plus for Waiters. Not many people are going to be the next dwayne wade but he has a high ceiling for a kid who has the IT factor and is putting together a jump shot. He has such confidence in his game.
Fab Melo has Brendan Haywood written all over him. Their the same exact player. 

Originally Posted by raptors29

Except Brendan Haywood is stupid.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Exactly...acting like there was some huge visible gap between him and MKG is ridiculous.  And I'm on the MKG is better side.  Really, both guys have holes.  Harkless couldn't have done what MKG did if he was on that UK squad playing with all that talent around him?

Harrison Barnes will be a solid pro.  People in here really saying Quincy Miller is a better shooter and all-around player than him
roll.gif

hell nah

I forgot the fall off from cp3 to felton wasnt that much either, right.
laugh.gif

$##$ is comical.

Harrison's flaws were partially hidden at UNC thanks to Kendall

Originally Posted by RamZs8906

Originally Posted by raptors29

Except Brendan Haywood is stupid.

Aint like Fab Melo is a card carrying Mensa member.  

Melo has Dan Gadzurich written all over him, sometimes look athletic as  hell and other times they cant walk straight

Originally Posted by raw120

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

roll.gif

hell nah

laugh.gif

IMO, MKG will win you games. He has specific elite skills that will translate.

Barnes is a good shooter with a good frame that's not ever really put to use. Get your 16-18 points without being a liability elsewhere and that's all. I don't want that in the Top 5 of this draft. Rather swing for the fences with some guys, some are bound to hit.

I don't understand how Rivers/Waiters have worked their way into 7th/8th territory. (I'd take Waiters before Rivers but that range for either undersized scoring guard doesn't make sense to me)

I'm having a hard time deciding between Dray and Wroten at 25. There's a good chance one of those guys will be a Grizz next season. I just don't know how many 6'7-6'9 forwards we need on the team (Gay, Cunningham, Arthur, Randolph). Wroten has defensive potential and could give us something we desperately need...a playmaking, athletic guard.

And my boy Royce
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom