OFFICIAL 2012 MIAMI HEAT PLAYOFFS THREAD (FINALS! 4-1) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

Spoelstra might need to go after this year. This is extremely frustrating.

The reason why the Heat is losing is due to many experiments and awkward substitutions,  It's better for the Heat to go through BS now than the playoffs.
Heat fans should know the regular season don't mean NOTHING.

Playoffs is where we need to shine and EVERYTHING counts.

Curious Question from a Knicks Fan, most importantly a Basketball Fan

What happens if you guys don't win this year? What would ya'll like to see happen?

havent seen haslem all season. he better show up in the playoffs. all the talk over the years that he gotta stay cause he is the locker room motivator and heart of the team, well instead of words, produce some damn heat.

The reason he wasn't in the post wasn't due to a lack of post game moreso due to the fact that the had to lead and run/facilitate the offense and be the PG on the floor for the 4th qtr on.

Not a heat fan but i dont see why jones doesnt get more time on the floor also i see alot of lebron wade talk in here they both can be stopped now bosh is the key he may not be able to do as much as those two but when hes scoring playing D he draws attention so bron wade and etc can do they thing so i think they need to get bosh goin

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

Curious Question from a Knicks Fan, most importantly a Basketball Fan

What happens if you guys don't win this year? What would ya'll like to see happen?

Riley needs to speak with Spo. Also, we need a scorer off the bench to come in with the second unit. Waiting to see Bosh in playoffs again, he did well last year.

Who are you going to put JJ on? You know he can't chase anyone through screens anymore.

So if the Bulls come out with Watson/Korver/Deng like they did very often, then who does JJ guard?

A defense first, second, and last coach like Spo isn't going to put him out there if he can't hide him on anyone

Originally Posted by ill steelo

Who are you going to put JJ on? You know he can't chase anyone through screens anymore.

So if the Bulls come out with Watson/Korver/Deng like they did very often, then who does JJ guard?

A defense first, second, and last coach like Spo isn't going to put him out there if he can't hide him on anyone

Spo knows both are liabilities on defense at this point, given Mike can rebound better. Problem is that Mike hasn't found his rhythm yet and Jones has been lighting it up in spotty minutes. When they had that lineup, Spo put Bron on the hot hand or rebound guy (Taj). Difference is Chalmers was picking up dumb fouls and couldnt get his head in the game. We do have available matchups though.

^
laugh.gif
love your avy.

I think Spoelstra's been playing with the lineups just to see what can and can't work. I believe our big three alone outmatches everyone from a talent standpoint. These regular season games are big for our opponents because they know that the championships are going through the Heat one way or another. I mean theres no way that any team outside of OKC or Memphis can honestly believe that they're stacked enough to deal with LeBron and Wade alone. And with our position in the playoffs basically locked up why not see a few different looks while you can. If anyone other than Riley was lurking in the shadows I'd be worried but with him overseeing operations like a dad keeping an eye on a newborn I can't say that I'm phased by the recent sloppy play.

Last year we set dudes up for the okey doke and came up a few points short of the chip and this year it seems like dudes are falling for their own hype again. We ran through Boston and Chicago in 5 games a piece and those were the teams that supposedly had us stumped throughout the regular season. This year I'm supposed to believe that a Roseless Chicago and "rejuvenated" Boston will be a problem. Dudes need to mute Jon Barry, Magic & company when they come on the screen because they ain't talking nothing but foolishness.

Originally Posted by Rudemiester

Last year we set dudes up for the okey doke and came up a few points short of the chip and this year it seems like dudes are falling for their own hype again. We ran through Boston and Chicago in 5 games a piece and those were the teams that supposedly had us stumped throughout the regular season. This year I'm supposed to believe that a Roseless Chicago and "rejuvenated" Boston will be a problem. Dudes need to mute Jon Barry, Magic & company when they come on the screen because they ain't talking nothing but foolishness.

I'm not buying Kevin Garnett playing 30+ minutes consistently and delivering in the playoffs.
laugh.gif

Although, I would worry more about our rebuilding ability and perimeter vs Chicago, though I do believe we would beat them both if paired against.

edit - Didn't get to watch today's game, but I do know NYC isn't going anywhere relying heavily on Melo like that. 

From how it looks right now NY, Chi and Boston may have to play each other before seeing us...We may have to play 76ers and Magic, before seeing them in the play offs

Back
Top Bottom