::Official 2012 Fantasy Baseball Thread::

Originally Posted by BRaTZ DoS

Whats the word on this Christian Friedrich fella? Struck out 10 Giants yesterday in 7 innings for the Rox. Facing the Mariners in Seattle next.

I already picked him up, favorable match ups for the next 3-4 starts, has good stuff, and obviously get K's all comes down to the run support from Colorado to help him out.

Originally Posted by blackredxiiigoat

Question -

I lost Gamel as my 3B when he got injured. I've been juggling Kyle Seager and Jed Lowrie at 3B since Gamel went down, but I'm looking to upgrade.

You guys think Kyle Seager + Huston Street for Mike Moustakas is a fair trade?

Street is really my 5th closer who, even when he was healthy, was sitting on my bench.

I'd feel more comfortable with Moustakas than Seager long term, worth the move?

I think Moustakas is solid, playing well, and a better talent then Seager, but that trade probably won't work right now because Street is on the DL and people don't trade for DL'd players.

Originally Posted by JJ1223

Would you guys do Heyward, Ibanez, and LaHair for Wright and Cruz?

If you're getting the Wright and Cruz side I'd say yes.
Heyward is having a good start to the year, but has been injury prone, Ibanez only plays 3-4 times a week and LaHair is a SELL HIGH candidate right now because he's hitting out of his mind.

Wright has been amazing, and he's the one guy who can keep up the pace more than Heyward and LaHair because he's proven. Cruz has the pop you want and in that lineup he's sure to score runs and get RBI's. 

Originally Posted by JJ1223

Yes, I'd be giving heyward, and ibanez has been shuffled in and out of my bench depending on matchups. My only 3b currently is Joey bats, so not a hole by any means but I can also play him in OF plus we use 1b/3b flex positions. I also have Morse and Howard coming off the dl soon so I need to free up a roster spot for them.

I agree, moustakas is a much better long term solution at 3b than seager especially if you don't mind losing street

Not exactly soon.

I've had Jonathan Lucroy on my team for a few weeks now, he's been amazing.

Yesterday he went nuts - pick him up, he's been great in the 2 hole for the Brew Crew

should i drop alex avila for either ryan doumit (when he returns), aj ellis, or jarrod saltalamachia, or just stick with avila?

Lucroy really has been a great pickup whoever got in on him. Good stuff venom.

Diew, I'd stick with Avila personally. We're not 5 or 10 games in anymore but it's still early enough to bring that average up.

sick.gif
at my injuries on offense. Debating dropping Hot Rod or Street for Justin Smoak to give me some depth with all my hitters hurt.

I think most might say to drop Gomez but he's been pitching REALLY well (save for that start vs. Chicago). He doesn't strike out a lot of guys, but there isn't a huge emphasis on K's on this league, he's putting up numbers.

Opinions?

dwykuf.jpg

55p3yr.jpg

Who do you guys think will be the next top prospect position player to get called up and make an immediate impact?

Still mad I missed out on Middlebrooks....wondering who the next guy will be to come up and help right away.

Who do you guys think will be the next top prospect position player to get called up and make an immediate impact?

Still mad I missed out on Middlebrooks....wondering who the next guy will be to come up and help right away.

the next big pitcher will be Trevor Bauer for the Diamondback.

dwykuf.jpg

55p3yr.jpg

- Ross is going on the DL with a foot injury feel free to drop him
- IDK why you're holding on to Ellsbury or Howard - they aren't coming back till July at the earliest

- Gomez is droppable

- Joe Blanton is certainly droppable

I just did a search - i first mentioned Lucroy to you guys in this thread on April 9th - don't say you weren't aware even if it was a slight mention!!!

^ My league is 16 teams. There are zero quality hitters available on the wire, the top name out there is Mark Ellis.

Not sure why You think I should drop Ellsbury or Howard (especially Ellsbury). Theyre top players when healthy, and I drafted both. Theyll get scooped and stashed the second they hit the wire.

Ross, Blanton and Gomez are more understandable.

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

I just did a search - i first mentioned Lucroy to you guys in this thread on April 9th - don't say you weren't aware even if it was a slight mention!!!

JGL-50-50-back-pat.gif

^ My league is 16 teams. There are zero quality hitters available on the wire, the top name out there is Mark Ellis.

Not sure why You think I should drop Ellsbury or Howard (especially Ellsbury). Theyre top players when healthy, and I drafted both. Theyll get scooped and stashed the second they hit the wire.

Ross, Blanton and Gomez are more understandable.
do you play in a Yahoo or ESPN lg?
Can you list like 10 (top) players available? I'll try and help

Hopefully Bauer can stop walking folks in AAA. One start won't change minds, his command and control have been bad so far.

Henry Rodriguez is killing me.
30t6p3b.gif

I hope they give him ONE more chance, but I am almost certain his time is done. Hopefully they decide on one person to take over until Storen comes back, but it will almost certainly be closer-by-committee.

My whole closing situation is pretty bad.

[table][tr][td]RP[/td][td]
Jordan Walden

(LAA - RP)
[/td][td]-[/td][td]-[/td][td]-[/td][td]-[/td][td]-Doesn't seem to be ever getting his job back. [/td][/tr][tr][td]RP[/td][td]
Brandon League

(Sea - RP)
[/td][td]-[/td][td]-[/td][td]-[/td][td]-[/td][td]-Has been stinking up the place, but nobody really in line to take his spot.[/td][/tr][tr][td]P[/td][td]
Henry Rodriguez

(Was - RP)
[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]P[/td][td]
Dale Thayer          

(SD - RP)
[/td][td]-[/td][td]-[/td][td]-[/td][td]-[/td][td]-[/td][/tr][tr][td]P[/td][td]
Casey Janssen       

(Tor - RP)
[/td][/tr][/table]

Thayer has been solid and might keep his job when Streets comes back. Streets will probably be traded, anyways.

Janseen is just holding the job until Sergio Santos comes back, but has been doing a good job.

I've been reading that Walden will not be getting his job back anytime soon. Would anyone drop him for Ernesto Frieri? I am pretty sure someone in my league will pick him up as soon as he gets a save.

I'd grab Frieri if anything. Santos is gonna be out another 3 weeks.  I wouldn't drop League but keep Wilhelmsen on the watch list at least.  As soon as League is traded, he should get the call.

^ Would you drop Walden for Frieri? 

Or probably Henry Rodriguez. I am just waiting on the word from the Nationals on their closing situation. Davey Johnson said he'll "sleep on it."

I would, Walden has gotta be in 3rd place for closing behind Downs and Frieri. I think he gets it back eventually but not anytime soon.

anyone have any insight on dee gordon? every other week he gets benched, and he hasn't played in the past few games. rumors have him either getting dropped into a later spot in the lineup or being sent down to the minors. is it worth holding onto gordon and waiting out the slump? i can't see him being more than a 2 cat guy at this point and i'm super annoyed at wasting a roster spot for him at this moment

Originally Posted by RaWeX05

Henry Rodriguez is killing me.
30t6p3b.gif

I hope they give him ONE more chance, but I am almost certain his time is done. Hopefully they decide on one person to take over until Storen comes back, but it will almost certainly be closer-by-committee.

My whole closing situation is pretty bad.

[table][tr][td]RP[/td][td]
Jordan Walden

(LAA - RP)
[/td][td]-[/td][td]-[/td][td]-[/td][td]-[/td][td]-Doesn't seem to be ever getting his job back. [/td][/tr][tr][td]RP[/td][td]
Brandon League

(Sea - RP)
[/td][td]-[/td][td]-[/td][td]-[/td][td]-[/td][td]-Has been stinking up the place, but nobody really in line to take his spot.[/td][/tr][tr][td]P[/td][td]
Henry Rodriguez

(Was - RP)
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]P[/td][td]
Dale Thayer          

(SD - RP)
[/td][td]-[/td][td]-[/td][td]-[/td][td]-[/td][td]-[/td][/tr][tr][td]P[/td][td]
Casey Janssen       

(Tor - RP)
[/td][/tr][/table]

Thayer has been solid and might keep his job when Streets comes back. Streets will probably be traded, anyways.

- No chance Thayer keeps his job when Street is 100% healthy
- Walden is being slowly worked back into the closer role. They need him to gain his confidence back, and lately he has been pitching much better when given the chance in the 7th and 8th inning,
- I never believed in Rodriguez, he had a handful of good appearances but I just never took the bait, so I can't say I'm surprised.
- I like League, he has good stuff, and was solid early on with I think 8 saves and a sub 2.50 ERA - I think he will be fine

Back
Top Bottom