::Official 2012 Fantasy Baseball Thread::

Originally Posted by JJ1223

Was just offered Jacoby Ellsbury and Brett Gardner for Jason Heyward...

What do you guys think about this?  I always have trouble gauging trades in FBB, it's only my 2nd year and so many different variables to look at
embarassed.gif
laugh.gif
.  Both of my DL spots are full as-is, so I'd be kind of shooting myself in the foot if I took this trade straight up.  I was thinking about countering by throwing in one of my DL guys for Nelson Cruz (he's also looking to deal him).

Here's my team:
Untitled.jpg

Help?

Was just offered Elsbury and Gardner for Heyward...

you've been offered 2 injured players for a healthy player. Ellsbury has no return date yet - while Gardner is out for another month.
Don't do it

Hope you listened to my Hughes advice.

Also Grant Balfour out as closer for Oakland - Brian Fuentes in

^ thanks for that. I'm hurting at closer, at least until Santos comes back. Now let's just hope Oakland wins enough games for him to get some decent saves...

just let go joe saunders, bum got raped again today
30t6p3b.gif

picked up ryan vogelsong , see what he does ......

also offered melky cabrera for josh hamilton , lets see if dude bites

tumblr_lp5tjfZcQC1qii6tmo1_500.gif

Owners in my league are HOARDING closers, so I really need to take a chance on Fuentes to compete for saves. Normally, I would not be rostering an Oakland Athletic but at this point I'll take what I can get and hope it works out.

Trading Brandon Morrow for Billy Butler is a good trade, right?

He's been getting well against the AL West and AL Central and has yet to face Toronto, New York, Boston.

His two worst starts were against the Baltimore and Tampa Bay.

Owners in my league are HOARDING closers, so I really need to take a chance on Fuentes to compete for saves. Normally, I would not be rostering an Oakland Athletic but at this point I'll take what I can get and hope it works out.
Dirty Fuentes.

(For those who listen to the 06010.)

Originally Posted by True Blues

Dirty Fuentes.

(For those who listen to the 06010.)

Just Goodle'd it. It's on UD.
frown.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RaWeX05

Trading Brandon Morrow for Billy Butler is a good trade, right?

He's been getting well against the AL West and AL Central and has yet to face Toronto, New York, Boston.

His two worst starts were against the Baltimore and Tampa Bay.
I would.  Love Morrow but Butler worth it.  He struggles against Boston & Baltimore as well as at home.  K's are down but the GB% is up, the K's will come back but I think the ERA will rise with that.

I would probably do Morrow for Butler as well.

Of those pitchers on that FA list, I'd go Hughes or Harrison (obviously Hughes just had that good effort against Seattle).

Had Allen Craig stashed on my DL since the season started. Activated him last week, went to insert him into my weekly lineup this past Monday and I missed the lineup cutoff by a few minutes.
mad.gif

Missed out on his great numbers this week and naturally, yesterday on the last day of the matchup my opponent has Votto go off for 3 HR's for a come from behind win by a few points. 
mad.gif

Does anyone see Walden getting his closer job back? I still haven't dropped him, but his spot is taking up room. He hasn't given up any runs since he lost his job.

If Scott Downs keeps it up, is there no chance Walden get's his job back?

Whats the word on this Christian Friedrich fella? Struck out 10 Giants yesterday in 7 innings for the Rox. Facing the Mariners in Seattle next.

Walden is the closer of the future there, I don't think he'll be demoted for too long. He'll back back there eventually. Downs is gonna get injured as he does all the time.

Friedrich is one of my favorite prospects, loved the kid in A ball in 09. Lost 35 pounds in the offseason working out with Cliff Lee, back throwing the FB at 93 and a fantastic CB as an outpitch. He pitched amazingly in the best hitting leauge in the minors as well. It is a SSS but he'll get you a fair amount of K's but a good amount of flyballs. I'd pick him up and use him for certain matchups the first couple times through the league.

Originally Posted by BRaTZ DoS

Whats the word on this Christian Friedrich fella? Struck out 10 Giants yesterday in 7 innings for the Rox. Facing the Mariners in Seattle next.

I'd pick him up since he's facing the Mariners next. His first two starts were against the Padres and Giants - both away, - two teams with horrible offenses.

JJ,

I would say it depends on how bad you need 3B help, and how deep your OF is, but it could go either way.

Assuming you're trading away the Heyward side, you're giving up more total production that you're getting back but if you have a hole at 3rd and one of your 3 guys is sitting on the bench (Ibanez?) it's not terrible.

Question -

I lost Gamel as my 3B when he got injured. I've been juggling Kyle Seager and Jed Lowrie at 3B since Gamel went down, but I'm looking to upgrade.

You guys think Kyle Seager + Huston Street for Mike Moustakas is a fair trade?

Street is really my 5th closer who, even when he was healthy, was sitting on my bench.

I'd feel more comfortable with Moustakas than Seager long term, worth the move?

Yes, I'd be giving heyward, and ibanez has been shuffled in and out of my bench depending on matchups. My only 3b currently is Joey bats, so not a hole by any means but I can also play him in OF plus we use 1b/3b flex positions. I also have Morse and Howard coming off the dl soon so I need to free up a roster spot for them.

I agree, moustakas is a much better long term solution at 3b than seager especially if you don't mind losing street

Originally Posted by RaWeX05

Does anyone see Walden getting his closer job back? I still haven't dropped him, but his spot is taking up room. He hasn't given up any runs since he lost his job.

If Scott Downs keeps it up, is there no chance Walden get's his job back?

Walden will get his job back soon, he has the stuff, just lost the confidence. LAA is slowly working him back

Back
Top Bottom