Official 2011 Wimbledon Thread (vol. start on the last page)

I'm not surprised Fed lost. My dude Jo is a beast and I've finally come to realize that Roger has a frontrunner's mentality. The worst thing to happen to Roger is that he was just so much better than everyone else during his run that he never had (born with) and never had to develop that killer instinct and mental toughness. Now that there are guys that are better than him and guys that he isn't that much better than he needs to rely on mental toughness he doesn't have.

I'm not surprised Fed lost. My dude Jo is a beast and I've finally come to realize that Roger has a frontrunner's mentality. The worst thing to happen to Roger is that he was just so much better than everyone else during his run that he never had (born with) and never had to develop that killer instinct and mental toughness. Now that there are guys that are better than him and guys that he isn't that much better than he needs to rely on mental toughness he doesn't have.

Originally Posted by aepps20

Seeing how well he played at RG, I had no doubt that he was gonna reach at least the semis.  I guess my "surprise" was more towards how he was up 2-0 but yet still let it slip away.  I felt that Jo was playing just as aggressive in the first 2 sets as he did in the last 3, with the major difference being that Jo's shots all went in towards the end.  No doubt, when Jo's "on", he's tough to beat, especially with that serve.  If Jo can keep his form, and with Djo continuing to look a bit rusty/sluggish, he's got a great shot.
And I agree with the Fed-frontrunner mentality.  During his winning years, he was never really tested or put under pressure (accept against Rafa, and we all know how those ended). A lot of his previous wins were in straight or 4 sets, so now, when guys are able to scrap a set back, it sorta puts him slightly on the back foot.  Not saying he's mentally fragile when someone attempts a comeback, but it just didn't happen a lot to Fed in the past and now that it is happening, it's affecting him.  

x999.jpg
1000x.jpg
1000x.jpg

Originally Posted by aepps20

Seeing how well he played at RG, I had no doubt that he was gonna reach at least the semis.  I guess my "surprise" was more towards how he was up 2-0 but yet still let it slip away.  I felt that Jo was playing just as aggressive in the first 2 sets as he did in the last 3, with the major difference being that Jo's shots all went in towards the end.  No doubt, when Jo's "on", he's tough to beat, especially with that serve.  If Jo can keep his form, and with Djo continuing to look a bit rusty/sluggish, he's got a great shot.
And I agree with the Fed-frontrunner mentality.  During his winning years, he was never really tested or put under pressure (accept against Rafa, and we all know how those ended). A lot of his previous wins were in straight or 4 sets, so now, when guys are able to scrap a set back, it sorta puts him slightly on the back foot.  Not saying he's mentally fragile when someone attempts a comeback, but it just didn't happen a lot to Fed in the past and now that it is happening, it's affecting him.  

x999.jpg
1000x.jpg
1000x.jpg

Lisicki's game wasn't good today she was lucky a few times, but other than that Sharapova was better.

Lisicki's game wasn't good today she was lucky a few times, but other than that Sharapova was better.

Lisicki was downright terrible. I was very disappointed with her performance. Her serve was nonexistent, she made lots of errors and was just really tight. Masha had 14 or so double-faults, but still was able to comfortably beat her. Given the situation, I can understand that she might be a bit nervous, but still, it was disappointing.

Lisicki was downright terrible. I was very disappointed with her performance. Her serve was nonexistent, she made lots of errors and was just really tight. Masha had 14 or so double-faults, but still was able to comfortably beat her. Given the situation, I can understand that she might be a bit nervous, but still, it was disappointing.

Sabine was really bad out there but Sharapova did enough to win. I expect Saturday to be a UE and DF party. SMH disgusting

Sabine was really bad out there but Sharapova did enough to win. I expect Saturday to be a UE and DF party. SMH disgusting

What time and channel did they show it on?
They showed the first match on espn2, no idea why they didn't show the other match right after.  They just said they'd show it at 8pm.

What time and channel did they show it on?
They showed the first match on espn2, no idea why they didn't show the other match right after.  They just said they'd show it at 8pm.

Shogun, NBC has the tv rights to wimbledon so anytime you can't find a match and it's still in the morning try NBC. This is why we see the first match but not the second match

Shogun, NBC has the tv rights to wimbledon so anytime you can't find a match and it's still in the morning try NBC. This is why we see the first match but not the second match

^
Thanks.  I switched the channels to nbc when they started their coverage.  I didn't see the match on so I left my house since I had to do something.  I was rooting for Lisicki so i'm not too mad since she lost.

^
Thanks.  I switched the channels to nbc when they started their coverage.  I didn't see the match on so I left my house since I had to do something.  I was rooting for Lisicki so i'm not too mad since she lost.

^ I hear NBC will only be airing one of the men's semi-finals live... the other will be delayed. Why acquire the rights if you're not gonna air it live???

Good thing I don't get my tennis from NBC, I suppose.

^ I hear NBC will only be airing one of the men's semi-finals live... the other will be delayed. Why acquire the rights if you're not gonna air it live???

Good thing I don't get my tennis from NBC, I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom