Official 2011 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (86-76) 2nd Place in NL West

Not worried, they've beat themselves with shotty defense, it won't be like that the whole year... Could be 3-1 at the very least, or even 4-0 if they played sound defense. Zito looked good, if that ball didn't get by Huff in the first Zito might have not let up any runs that inning. With Burrell already hitting 2 homers and having decent at bats, Belt having good and patient at bats, Huff not hitting well right now and looking unathletic in the outfield, I wonder how Bochy will handle this situation when Ross comes back. With Bumgarner and Timmy going in SD for the next two games, we should get back to .500

Not worried, they've beat themselves with shotty defense, it won't be like that the whole year... Could be 3-1 at the very least, or even 4-0 if they played sound defense. Zito looked good, if that ball didn't get by Huff in the first Zito might have not let up any runs that inning. With Burrell already hitting 2 homers and having decent at bats, Belt having good and patient at bats, Huff not hitting well right now and looking unathletic in the outfield, I wonder how Bochy will handle this situation when Ross comes back. With Bumgarner and Timmy going in SD for the next two games, we should get back to .500

frown.gif

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

Not worried. If we do this on first homestand then ill be worried
That's what I'm waiting for. Give them a little time to get in sync and for some guys to heal. If they continue to play like this after coming home then I'll start worrying.

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

Not worried. If we do this on first homestand then ill be worried
That's what I'm waiting for. Give them a little time to get in sync and for some guys to heal. If they continue to play like this after coming home then I'll start worrying.

I'm not concerned yet because the defense will ultimately fix itself.

Runzler was atrocious last night though.

I'm not concerned yet because the defense will ultimately fix itself.

Runzler was atrocious last night though.

[h1]
[h1]Beaten Giants fan Bryan Stow in induced coma[/h1]

Carolyn Jones, Chronicle Staff Writer
San Francisco Chronicle April 3, 2011 04:00 AM Copyright San Francisco Chronicle. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Prod

04/04/11

Read more: [url=http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/04/03/BA5H1IP8ID.DTL#ixzz1IbClTAGJ]http://www.sfgate.com/cgi...1IP8ID.DTL#ixzz1IbClTAGJ[/url]
Bryan Stow saved many lives as a Santa Clara County paramedic. Now, the life he's fighting for is his own.

Stow, the San Francisco Giants fan who was severely beaten by Dodgers fans after an Opening Day game Thursday in Los Angeles, was in a medically induced coma Sunday as family, friends and doctors waited to see the extent of his brain injury.

A day earlier, doctors removed a portion of the Santa Cruz resident's skull to reduce swelling.

"All he did was go to a baseball game," said his friend and co-worker, paramedic Samantha Tennison, also of Santa Cruz. "It is such a loss. This doesn't just affect him. It affects all the people who he won't be able to care for."

Also Sunday, leaders representing the two cities and teams released a joint statement intended to head off any further violence between rival fans.

"Root hard for your teams," the statement said, "and do so with civility and common decency."

Stow, 42, and two friends went to Dodger Stadium on Thursday night to cheer for the Giants, who lost 2-1. As Stow and his friends were leaving the stadium, Stow was taunted and attacked by two men wearing Dodgers gear, Los Angeles police said.

They punched Stow in the back of his head, and after he fell to the pavement, they kicked him for about 15 seconds - continuing even after Stow lost consciousness, police said.

Stow was in critical condition Sunday at Los Angeles County-USC Medical Center, a hospital spokeswoman said.

Police are continuing to search for the suspects, described as two Latino men in their 20s, Los Angeles police Officer Cleon Joseph said.

Meanwhile, Stow's colleagues and friends are reeling from the incident. Stow, they said, is the last person who would engage in violence.

"We get called to a lot of fights, and he's always the one to calm things down, get people laughing," said Rebecca Mackowiak, an American Medical Response paramedic who worked with Stow for five years. "There is no doubt in my mind that if these guys were harassing him, he just walked away."

Stow, a father of two, grew up in the Santa Cruz area and worked in paving before becoming a paramedic, friends said. Passionate about his work, he mentored dozens of trainees.

He has a great bedside manner, friends said, joking with patients and co-workers to relieve their stress.

"The little old ladies, he loved them," Tennison said. "He'd flirt with them so they'd smile and blush. If they didn't have chest pains when he showed up, they would after he left."

But Stow's favorite patients are the ones that cause many paramedics, firefighters and police officers to roll their eyes: homeless drunks with a tendency to overdial 911.

"He treated everyone with respect. A lot of these guys are Vietnam vets, and he'd love to hear their stories," Mackowiak said. "He'd make them laugh, which is not something they have many chances to do."

Stow is a Giants season ticket holder as well as a devoted Dallas Cowboys fan - "his one flaw," Tennison said. He often travels to see the teams play on the road and had been to Dodger Stadium many times.

Donations to offset his medical costs can go to Commonwealth Central Credit Union, account No. 118881, P.O. Box 641690, San Jose CA 95164-1690.

[h3]Online resource [/h3]
Colleagues have set up a website for the public to follow Bryan Stow's progress: support4stow.blogspot.com.

This article appeared on page C - 1 of the San Francisco Chronicle

Read more: [url=http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/04/03/BA5H1IP8ID.DTL#ixzz1IbCVYlzt]http://www.sfgate.com/cgi...1IP8ID.DTL#ixzz1IbCVYlzt[/url]
[/h1]

[h1]
[h1]Beaten Giants fan Bryan Stow in induced coma[/h1]

Carolyn Jones, Chronicle Staff Writer
San Francisco Chronicle April 3, 2011 04:00 AM Copyright San Francisco Chronicle. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Prod

04/04/11

Read more: [url=http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/04/03/BA5H1IP8ID.DTL#ixzz1IbClTAGJ]http://www.sfgate.com/cgi...1IP8ID.DTL#ixzz1IbClTAGJ[/url]
Bryan Stow saved many lives as a Santa Clara County paramedic. Now, the life he's fighting for is his own.

Stow, the San Francisco Giants fan who was severely beaten by Dodgers fans after an Opening Day game Thursday in Los Angeles, was in a medically induced coma Sunday as family, friends and doctors waited to see the extent of his brain injury.

A day earlier, doctors removed a portion of the Santa Cruz resident's skull to reduce swelling.

"All he did was go to a baseball game," said his friend and co-worker, paramedic Samantha Tennison, also of Santa Cruz. "It is such a loss. This doesn't just affect him. It affects all the people who he won't be able to care for."

Also Sunday, leaders representing the two cities and teams released a joint statement intended to head off any further violence between rival fans.

"Root hard for your teams," the statement said, "and do so with civility and common decency."

Stow, 42, and two friends went to Dodger Stadium on Thursday night to cheer for the Giants, who lost 2-1. As Stow and his friends were leaving the stadium, Stow was taunted and attacked by two men wearing Dodgers gear, Los Angeles police said.

They punched Stow in the back of his head, and after he fell to the pavement, they kicked him for about 15 seconds - continuing even after Stow lost consciousness, police said.

Stow was in critical condition Sunday at Los Angeles County-USC Medical Center, a hospital spokeswoman said.

Police are continuing to search for the suspects, described as two Latino men in their 20s, Los Angeles police Officer Cleon Joseph said.

Meanwhile, Stow's colleagues and friends are reeling from the incident. Stow, they said, is the last person who would engage in violence.

"We get called to a lot of fights, and he's always the one to calm things down, get people laughing," said Rebecca Mackowiak, an American Medical Response paramedic who worked with Stow for five years. "There is no doubt in my mind that if these guys were harassing him, he just walked away."

Stow, a father of two, grew up in the Santa Cruz area and worked in paving before becoming a paramedic, friends said. Passionate about his work, he mentored dozens of trainees.

He has a great bedside manner, friends said, joking with patients and co-workers to relieve their stress.

"The little old ladies, he loved them," Tennison said. "He'd flirt with them so they'd smile and blush. If they didn't have chest pains when he showed up, they would after he left."

But Stow's favorite patients are the ones that cause many paramedics, firefighters and police officers to roll their eyes: homeless drunks with a tendency to overdial 911.

"He treated everyone with respect. A lot of these guys are Vietnam vets, and he'd love to hear their stories," Mackowiak said. "He'd make them laugh, which is not something they have many chances to do."

Stow is a Giants season ticket holder as well as a devoted Dallas Cowboys fan - "his one flaw," Tennison said. He often travels to see the teams play on the road and had been to Dodger Stadium many times.

Donations to offset his medical costs can go to Commonwealth Central Credit Union, account No. 118881, P.O. Box 641690, San Jose CA 95164-1690.

[h3]Online resource [/h3]
Colleagues have set up a website for the public to follow Bryan Stow's progress: support4stow.blogspot.com.

This article appeared on page C - 1 of the San Francisco Chronicle

Read more: [url=http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/04/03/BA5H1IP8ID.DTL#ixzz1IbCVYlzt]http://www.sfgate.com/cgi...1IP8ID.DTL#ixzz1IbCVYlzt[/url]
[/h1]

[h1][/h1]
[h1]S.F. Giants' Brian Wilson seems to be ready[/h1]Henry Schulman, Chronicle Staff Writer San Francisco Chronicle April 3, 2011 04:00 AM Copyright San Francisco Chronicle. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Prod

04/04/11
Mike Fontenot, one of the four hitters in Brian Wilson's simulated game Sunday, said, "I saw fire coming out of his nose."

"My nose?" Wilson responded in mock horror. "That's not a good sign."

His 27-pitch "inning" was the best sign that the Giants will activate Wilson from the disabled list Wednesday, the first day he is eligible. He did throw with ninth-inning fire to show he is ready to close a game.

Actually, Wilson said, "I've been ready for two weeks." When asked if his next time on a mound will be in a game, he said, "It could be. It will be."

Wilson allowed what would have been a double off the wall by Pat Burrell and a single by Eli Whiteside, the only hits in 12 simulated at-bats. Manager Bruce Bochy and pitching coach Dave Righetti wanted to see stuff and command. Fontenot let them know the stuff was there. When Fontenot was jammed on a grounder to first, he hollered "Oww!" as his hand stung. Righetti said Wilson's command was "pretty good."

The final check is how Wilson's side feels today. Ideally, he would throw multiple innings or on back-to-back days before his activation, but Bochy said, "You've got to adjust. We don't want to hold him back too long."

Pat the Rat: All the Giants say Burrell is one of the first to arrive each day, and why not? He has important stuff to do. Take Sunday. More than four hours before game time, Burrell dragged Dan Runzler and Brandon Belt into short right field and had Runzler lie face down near the spot where Aubrey Huff made face-first dives on successive plays Saturday.

Using medical tape, Burrell created the outline of a corpse with "17" on the back.

"Typical," Huff said. "I wouldn't expect anything less."

Nobody was laughing when Huff attempted another dive on a Jamey Carroll liner and it got by him for an RBI triple in the first inning.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]S.F. Giants' Brian Wilson seems to be ready[/h1]Henry Schulman, Chronicle Staff Writer San Francisco Chronicle April 3, 2011 04:00 AM Copyright San Francisco Chronicle. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Prod

04/04/11
Mike Fontenot, one of the four hitters in Brian Wilson's simulated game Sunday, said, "I saw fire coming out of his nose."

"My nose?" Wilson responded in mock horror. "That's not a good sign."

His 27-pitch "inning" was the best sign that the Giants will activate Wilson from the disabled list Wednesday, the first day he is eligible. He did throw with ninth-inning fire to show he is ready to close a game.

Actually, Wilson said, "I've been ready for two weeks." When asked if his next time on a mound will be in a game, he said, "It could be. It will be."

Wilson allowed what would have been a double off the wall by Pat Burrell and a single by Eli Whiteside, the only hits in 12 simulated at-bats. Manager Bruce Bochy and pitching coach Dave Righetti wanted to see stuff and command. Fontenot let them know the stuff was there. When Fontenot was jammed on a grounder to first, he hollered "Oww!" as his hand stung. Righetti said Wilson's command was "pretty good."

The final check is how Wilson's side feels today. Ideally, he would throw multiple innings or on back-to-back days before his activation, but Bochy said, "You've got to adjust. We don't want to hold him back too long."

Pat the Rat: All the Giants say Burrell is one of the first to arrive each day, and why not? He has important stuff to do. Take Sunday. More than four hours before game time, Burrell dragged Dan Runzler and Brandon Belt into short right field and had Runzler lie face down near the spot where Aubrey Huff made face-first dives on successive plays Saturday.

Using medical tape, Burrell created the outline of a corpse with "17" on the back.

"Typical," Huff said. "I wouldn't expect anything less."

Nobody was laughing when Huff attempted another dive on a Jamey Carroll liner and it got by him for an RBI triple in the first inning.

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

I'm starting to see how much AT&T hid Aubrey Huff's outfield deficiencies.

Can you explain please?

Coupled with older legs that is. The winds of AT&T keep fly balls afloat just a tad longer than most, if not all parks.

Can you explain please?

Coupled with older legs that is. The winds of AT&T keep fly balls afloat just a tad longer than most, if not all parks.

Can you explain please?

Not trying to sound like an @#$ or anything, but I don't think AT&T is THAT windy to significantly affect the ball...the weather in SF usually pretty calm when you get closer to the east bay

Back
Top Bottom