Official 2011 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (86-76) 2nd Place in NL West

Starting off the season on the road doesn't help either.

So much for reaping the benefits of being World Champs
eyes.gif

I don't actually think they're THAT bad...I'm alluding to the perceived talent on that roster.

They play hard, effective pitching in a great park, good keystone D...but man that lineup is sad looking. Not Randy-Wynn-is-our-3-hitter sad, but not much better.

I hope you win all of your bets, but if unless Latos comes back healthy and matches 2010, it's gonna be tough IMO.

I don't actually think they're THAT bad...I'm alluding to the perceived talent on that roster.

They play hard, effective pitching in a great park, good keystone D...but man that lineup is sad looking. Not Randy-Wynn-is-our-3-hitter sad, but not much better.

I hope you win all of your bets, but if unless Latos comes back healthy and matches 2010, it's gonna be tough IMO.

If I were to guess, I'd say Bochy shakes things up tomorrow with Rowand in the lineup and Huff moving over to left.

If I were to guess, I'd say Bochy shakes things up tomorrow with Rowand in the lineup and Huff moving over to left.

Rowand is one of the only Giants player who is meeting or exceeding expectations. Im fine with giving him a start.

Rowand is one of the only Giants player who is meeting or exceeding expectations. Im fine with giving him a start.

Watching Huff and Burrell run the outfield makes me cringe so much.

I wouldn't mind Rowand starting for a game or even Nate.

Originally Posted by chris82790

Wouldn't mind Rowand, but not too keen on Nate starting.

Originally Posted by chris82790

Wouldn't mind Rowand, but not too keen on Nate starting.

I wouldn't mind seeing Rowand start either, hopefully he can keep up a hot start and possibly increase his trade value if that's even possible with his contract.

I wouldn't mind seeing Rowand start either, hopefully he can keep up a hot start and possibly increase his trade value if that's even possible with his contract.

[table][tr][th="col"]T. Lincecum SF
7981.jpg
[/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]T. Stauffer SD
7500.jpg
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]0-1[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]0-0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]0.00[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]3.00[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1.14[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]1.67[/td][/tr][/table]
Torres cf
Sanchez 2b
Huff rf
Posey c
Sandoval 3b
Burrell lf
Belt 1b
Tejada ss
Lincecum p
Brian Wilson is active. Now the Giants need an honest to goodness save situation.
Santiago Casilla is on the DL with an inflamed right elbow, confirming what I learned yesterday.

Also, Travis Ishikawa cleared waivers and was outrighted to AAA Fresno. Good for the Giants, perhaps not so good for Ishikawa.

[table][tr][th="col"]T. Lincecum SF
7981.jpg
[/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]T. Stauffer SD
7500.jpg
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]0-1[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]0-0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]0.00[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]3.00[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1.14[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]1.67[/td][/tr][/table]
Torres cf
Sanchez 2b
Huff rf
Posey c
Sandoval 3b
Burrell lf
Belt 1b
Tejada ss
Lincecum p
Brian Wilson is active. Now the Giants need an honest to goodness save situation.
Santiago Casilla is on the DL with an inflamed right elbow, confirming what I learned yesterday.

Also, Travis Ishikawa cleared waivers and was outrighted to AAA Fresno. Good for the Giants, perhaps not so good for Ishikawa.

man, bochy needs to shake things up a bit.

derosa? rowand? nate? defense is garbage

and bittersweet about ishi. I was hoping he got picked up somewhere that would allow him to get some playing time........butttttttttttt nice to see him back with us

man, bochy needs to shake things up a bit.

derosa? rowand? nate? defense is garbage

and bittersweet about ishi. I was hoping he got picked up somewhere that would allow him to get some playing time........butttttttttttt nice to see him back with us

Back
Top Bottom