Official 2011 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (86-76) 2nd Place in NL West

I think you have to take into consideration Romo has pitched a lot on this road trip, too. Ramirez and Casilla are basically the same damn pitcher at this point.

Sixty-six All-Stars were announced Sunday and somehow they still messed it up. Here are my five biggest All-Star snubs.

1. Andrew McCutchen, CF, Pirates. I figured he was a lock for the team, but Bruce Bochy was put into a bit of a bind when the players voted in Jay Bruce as one of the three outfield reserves in the NL (along with Hunter Pence and Matt Holliday). Justin Upton was added as the deserving lone representative of the Diamondbacks, but Bochy selected Carlos Beltran over McCutchen, even though McCutchen has a higher average, on-base percentage, slugging percentage, more steals and plays a superior center field as opposed to a mediocre right field. I can only guess Bochy viewed this as an opportunity to talk with Beltran and persuade him to drop his no-trade clause if the Giants attempt to trade for him.

(And, no, Bruce is not better than McCutchen. Bruce has more home runs, but is hitting .230 with a .314 OBP on the road.)

Sixty-six All-Stars were announced Sunday and somehow they still messed it up. Here are my five biggest All-Star snubs.

1. Andrew McCutchen, CF, Pirates. I figured he was a lock for the team, but Bruce Bochy was put into a bit of a bind when the players voted in Jay Bruce as one of the three outfield reserves in the NL (along with Hunter Pence and Matt Holliday). Justin Upton was added as the deserving lone representative of the Diamondbacks, but Bochy selected Carlos Beltran over McCutchen, even though McCutchen has a higher average, on-base percentage, slugging percentage, more steals and plays a superior center field as opposed to a mediocre right field. I can only guess Bochy viewed this as an opportunity to talk with Beltran and persuade him to drop his no-trade clause if the Giants attempt to trade for him.

(And, no, Bruce is not better than McCutchen. Bruce has more home runs, but is hitting .230 with a .314 OBP on the road.)

Get that horse**** out of here.  The same guy wrote:
3. Tommy Hanson, P, Braves. Bochy had four roster spots for pitchers and picked Tim Lincecum and Matt Cain (no issues there, even if they are his own guys), Nationals reliever Tyler Clippard (the lone Nats rep and having a dominating year in middle relief) and ... Ryan Vogelsong, a journeyman right-hander who had been out of the majors for four seasons. Look, Vogelsong's story is one of the best of the season. His numbers are excellent (6-1, 2.09), but you can't pick Lincecum and Cain and a guy who has had 12 good starts with no previous track record of success. Bochy said Vogelsong will be his emergency long man in case the game goes extra innings, so he's unlikely to get into the game, but it was still an odd selection over Hanson, Ian Kennedy, Jhoulys Chacin or Shaun Marcum.

3. Tommy Hanson, P, Braves. Bochy had four roster spots for pitchers and picked Tim Lincecum and Matt Cain (no issues there, even if they are his own guys), Nationals reliever Tyler Clippard (the lone Nats rep and having a dominating year in middle relief) and ... Ryan Vogelsong, a journeyman right-hander who had been out of the majors for four seasons. Look, Vogelsong's story is one of the best of the season. His numbers are excellent (6-1, 2.09), but you can't pick Lincecum and Cain and a guy who has had 12 good starts with no previous track record of success. Bochy said Vogelsong will be his emergency long man in case the game goes extra innings, so he's unlikely to get into the game, but it was still an odd selection over Hanson, Ian Kennedy, Jhoulys Chacin or Shaun Marcum.

the carlos beltran suggestion had me scratching my head. As initially my thoughts were outfield definitely has no openings. This writer just making up stuff just to cheap shot Bochy's picks.

the carlos beltran suggestion had me scratching my head. As initially my thoughts were outfield definitely has no openings. This writer just making up stuff just to cheap shot Bochy's picks.

nvm. i found the answer to my question
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by What up

Somebody should tell this #%++**$ that is the 2011 All Star game, where you pick the best players of this season, regardless of what has happened in the past.

Originally Posted by What up

Somebody should tell this #%++**$ that is the 2011 All Star game, where you pick the best players of this season, regardless of what has happened in the past.

[table][tr][th="col"]C. Richard SD
8309.jpg
[/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]T. Lincecum SF
7981.jpg
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]4-9[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]6-6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4.09[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]3.04[/td] [/tr][tr][td]51[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]122[/td] [/tr][tr][td]35[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]40[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1.45[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]1.18[/td][/tr][/table]
Rowand, CF
Burriss, 2B
Sandoval, 3B
Huff, 1B
Ross, LF
Schierholtz, RF
Stewart, C
Crawford, SS
Lincecum, RHP

Happy 4th of July to everybody!

[table][tr][th="col"]C. Richard SD
8309.jpg
[/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]T. Lincecum SF
7981.jpg
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]4-9[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]6-6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4.09[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]3.04[/td] [/tr][tr][td]51[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]122[/td] [/tr][tr][td]35[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]40[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1.45[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]1.18[/td][/tr][/table]
Rowand, CF
Burriss, 2B
Sandoval, 3B
Huff, 1B
Ross, LF
Schierholtz, RF
Stewart, C
Crawford, SS
Lincecum, RHP

Happy 4th of July to everybody!

Back
Top Bottom