Official 2011 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (86-76) 2nd Place in NL West

Huff Daddy!
28s4ler.gif

[h1]http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/05/giants-have-discussed-jose-reyes.html[/h1]
[h1]Giants Have Discussed Jose Reyes[/h1]
By Ben Nicholson-Smith [May 3 at 8:54pm CST]

The Giants have discussed Jose Reyes as a possible trade target, according to Mychael Urban of CSNBayArea.com. San Francisco is considering addressing its shortstop problems with a trade and Urban hears that the Mets have decided to field offers for Reyes and his $11MM salary this summer.

Miguel Tejada struggled at short and at the plate before the Giants moved him to third base, where he’ll cover for the injured Pablo Sandoval and Mark DeRosa. Mike Fontenot is now starting at short for the Giants, so Reyes would represent a definitive upgrade. 

Tim Dierkes analyzed the Giants-Reyes connection earlier today, suggesting which players the Mets might target and which players the Giants should hold onto. It's not surprising that the Giants have discussed Reyes - fans and media members have also wondered if he'd be a fit in San Francisco - and it doesn't mean he's available now or that the Giants would meet the Mets' asking price.

Urban hears that Reyes could look to match Carl Crawford’s seven-year, $142MM deal when he hits free agency this winter. The 27-year-old shortstop has two hits and two walks against the Giants tonight, for what it's worth.

I'm all for adding Reyes to this team because we saw a small glimpse of what speed can really do for this team. Tonight, Ford and Burriss got on base mainly using their speed beating out infield hits. Granted no one drove them in, it'll happen in a matter of time.

Continuing on about Reyes, a definite upgrade of what we have on both offense and defense. A change of scenery might be what Reyes needs to boost himself and again reach elite status. That last paragraph to me is an indication that Reyes is motivated to put up solid numbers this season, so if you're the Giants, why not jump on this opportunity? We may not be the team to give him that 7-year deal, but adding him to this roster would make us feel better on what kind of product they're putting on the field.

[h1]http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/05/giants-have-discussed-jose-reyes.html[/h1]
[h1]Giants Have Discussed Jose Reyes[/h1]
By Ben Nicholson-Smith [May 3 at 8:54pm CST]

The Giants have discussed Jose Reyes as a possible trade target, according to Mychael Urban of CSNBayArea.com. San Francisco is considering addressing its shortstop problems with a trade and Urban hears that the Mets have decided to field offers for Reyes and his $11MM salary this summer.

Miguel Tejada struggled at short and at the plate before the Giants moved him to third base, where he’ll cover for the injured Pablo Sandoval and Mark DeRosa. Mike Fontenot is now starting at short for the Giants, so Reyes would represent a definitive upgrade. 

Tim Dierkes analyzed the Giants-Reyes connection earlier today, suggesting which players the Mets might target and which players the Giants should hold onto. It's not surprising that the Giants have discussed Reyes - fans and media members have also wondered if he'd be a fit in San Francisco - and it doesn't mean he's available now or that the Giants would meet the Mets' asking price.

Urban hears that Reyes could look to match Carl Crawford’s seven-year, $142MM deal when he hits free agency this winter. The 27-year-old shortstop has two hits and two walks against the Giants tonight, for what it's worth.

I'm all for adding Reyes to this team because we saw a small glimpse of what speed can really do for this team. Tonight, Ford and Burriss got on base mainly using their speed beating out infield hits. Granted no one drove them in, it'll happen in a matter of time.

Continuing on about Reyes, a definite upgrade of what we have on both offense and defense. A change of scenery might be what Reyes needs to boost himself and again reach elite status. That last paragraph to me is an indication that Reyes is motivated to put up solid numbers this season, so if you're the Giants, why not jump on this opportunity? We may not be the team to give him that 7-year deal, but adding him to this roster would make us feel better on what kind of product they're putting on the field.

Originally Posted by Bruce Waynee

Reyes would be a good look but what would the Giants have to give up?
I would think it starts with Zack Wheeler, who has been pitching very well in San Jose.

I would think it starts with Zack Wheeler, who has been pitching very well in San Jose.

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

I want Bumgarner, but I doubt that happens unless Reyes signs an extension or something. How well is your farm outside of Belt and Wheeler? Those seem to be the only two names I ever hear.

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

I want Bumgarner, but I doubt that happens unless Reyes signs an extension or something. How well is your farm outside of Belt and Wheeler? Those seem to be the only two names I ever hear.

Those are really the only big time prospects. There's other guys like Gary Brown, Culberson, Peguero, and Joseph, but they're on a lower tier imo.

Those are really the only big time prospects. There's other guys like Gary Brown, Culberson, Peguero, and Joseph, but they're on a lower tier imo.

[table][tr][th="col"]T. Lincecum SF
7981.jpg
[/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]C. Capuano NYM
7132.jpg
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]2-3[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]2-2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2.90[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]6.04[/td] [/tr][tr][td]45[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]19[/td] [/tr][tr][td]13[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1.07[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]1.58[/td][/tr][/table]
Rowand, CF
Sanchez, 2B
Fontenot, SS
Posey, C
Huff, 1B
Burrell, LF
Schierholtz, RF
Tejada, 3B
Lincecum, RHP

[table][tr][th="col"]T. Lincecum SF
7981.jpg
[/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]C. Capuano NYM
7132.jpg
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]2-3[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]2-2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2.90[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]6.04[/td] [/tr][tr][td]45[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]19[/td] [/tr][tr][td]13[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1.07[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]1.58[/td][/tr][/table]
Rowand, CF
Sanchez, 2B
Fontenot, SS
Posey, C
Huff, 1B
Burrell, LF
Schierholtz, RF
Tejada, 3B
Lincecum, RHP

Back
Top Bottom